• Glitch with switch?

I applied to switch about 10 days ago. I was then asked to supply meter serial numbers which I did nearly a week ago, but have heard nothing since. Is my switch still going ahead?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I applied to switch about 10 days ago. I was then asked to supply meter serial numbers which I did nearly a week ago, but have heard nothing since. Is my switch still going ahead?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Church

When you open the PP App do you see a countdown timer to your switch date ?....it normally starts at 17 days and countdowns till the switch occurs. There is a section within the Community bulletin boards that will provide more detail on switching.

If you cant see the countdown timer then i would go to the Help section of the PP App and find WattBott and type in ‘message the team” and provide details of your query. The PP team normally respond within 48hrs.

Hope you get switched soon !.

TonyMcH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Churchtownguy View Post
    I applied to switch about 10 days ago. I was then asked to supply meter serial numbers which I did nearly a week ago, but have heard nothing since. Is my switch still going ahead?
    I have copied this from the help section of the PP Bulletin Board

One - it will take us 17 days to complete your switch
    When you join, our app will show you the date we expect to start powering your home.
    It takes about 17 days for your supply to be switched across. You will not be cut off from your old energy supplier.
    A day after you join you will get your welcome pack by email and we'll confirm your switch date.

Your app will show you a countdown to your switch date.

We will also tell your old supplier that you're leaving - you don't have to tell them, but remember that you should NOT cancel your old Direct Debit either, as your old supplier will need to be paid in full for any outstanding usage, or to give you a refund if they owe you.

Two - we'll let you know when we're ready for your first meter reading
    A few days before your switch date you will be asked to submit your first meter reading.
    The 'Send a meter reading' moon will appear on your app's homepage, and you will get an email from us to remind you.
    Please don't try to send us a meter reading before then.

Three - what to do if there's a glitch
    We will email you if there is any delay in your switch. We don't currently take on members with pre-payment meters. Another common problem is that your old supplier may block your switch. We will pause your switch and we’ll let you know if there are any problems.

Four - explore the community
    While the switch process is taking place you can explore the Pure Planet community for latest news including app updates and energy news.
    It’s also the best place to ask other members any questions, or add your own answers to their queries, about renewable energy or for general tips for reducing your carbon footprint.

Five - send us your first meter reading
    About five days before your switch date, submit your first reading. You'll get an email to remind you. At the same time this 'Send a meter reading' moon will appear on the homepage in the app.
    Follow the simple instructions in the app. You’ll just need to type in the meter readings and send them, and we’ll do the rest.

Six - what we do with your first readings
    We will send these readings to your previous supplier, and based on those readings they will be able close your old account and give you a refund if you’re due one - this can take up to six weeks from your switch date.

Seven - switch day, spend your rewards
    Switch Day! Congrats - from now you’re paying less for cleaner energy. If you joined us from a friend’s referral, you’ll both be able to claim your reward about two days after your switch date. The voucher code will be sent to you via email. Happy spending!

Eight - your first payment
    Your switch date is also your first payment date. This is because we estimate your energy spend in advance so we can buy it at the lowest possible rate.

Nine - your monthly statement
    A day after your first month anniversary - a month after your switch date - you get your first monthly statement. This is also the date that your energy tracker appears in the app, showing your daily forecast and energy usage and monthly spend. We'll send you a statement each month. Remember to use the app to send new meter readings each month, to ensure that you’re paying the right amount.

Ten - your final bill from your old supplier
    Typically this takes six weeks from your switch date to reach you. Your old supplier will work out whether to refund you any credit or collect any payment owing.

Eleven - help other members
    The community has loads of useful information - use our search bar at the top of the every page.
    If you can’t find what you need - Ask the Community. Don’t be shy! And if you see another member in need of advice, please post a reply to help them out if you can.
  • Church

When you open the PP App do you see a countdown timer to your switch date ?....it normally starts at 17 days and countdowns till the switch occurs. There is a section within the Community bulletin boards that will provide more detail on switching.

If you cant see the countdown timer then i would go to the Help section of the PP App and find WattBott and type in ‘message the team” and provide details of your query. The PP team normally respond within 48hrs.

Hope you get switched soon !.

TonyMcH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Churchtownguy View Post
    I have copied this from the help section of the PP Bulletin Board

One - it will take us 17 days to complete your switch
    When you join, our app will show you the date we expect to start powering your home.
    It takes about 17 days for your supply to be switched across. You will not be cut off from your old energy supplier.
    A day after you join you will get your welcome pack by email and we'll confirm your switch date.

Your app will show you a countdown to your switch date.

We will also tell your old supplier that you're leaving - you don't have to tell them, but remember that you should NOT cancel your old Direct Debit either, as your old supplier will need to be paid in full for any outstanding usage, or to give you a refund if they owe you.

Two - we'll let you know when we're ready for your first meter reading
    A few days before your switch date you will be asked to submit your first meter reading.
    The 'Send a meter reading' moon will appear on your app's homepage, and you will get an email from us to remind you.
    Please don't try to send us a meter reading before then.

Three - what to do if there's a glitch
    We will email you if there is any delay in your switch. We don't currently take on members with pre-payment meters. Another common problem is that your old supplier may block your switch. We will pause your switch and we’ll let you know if there are any problems.

Four - explore the community
    While the switch process is taking place you can explore the Pure Planet community for latest news including app updates and energy news.
    It’s also the best place to ask other members any questions, or add your own answers to their queries, about renewable energy or for general tips for reducing your carbon footprint.

Five - send us your first meter reading
    About five days before your switch date, submit your first reading. You'll get an email to remind you. At the same time this 'Send a meter reading' moon will appear on the homepage in the app.
    Follow the simple instructions in the app. You’ll just need to type in the meter readings and send them, and we’ll do the rest.

Six - what we do with your first readings
    We will send these readings to your previous supplier, and based on those readings they will be able close your old account and give you a refund if you’re due one - this can take up to six weeks from your switch date.

Seven - switch day, spend your rewards
    Switch Day! Congrats - from now you’re paying less for cleaner energy. If you joined us from a friend’s referral, you’ll both be able to claim your reward about two days after your switch date. The voucher code will be sent to you via email. Happy spending!

Eight - your first payment
    Your switch date is also your first payment date. This is because we estimate your energy spend in advance so we can buy it at the lowest possible rate.

Nine - your monthly statement
    A day after your first month anniversary - a month after your switch date - you get your first monthly statement. This is also the date that your energy tracker appears in the app, showing your daily forecast and energy usage and monthly spend. We'll send you a statement each month. Remember to use the app to send new meter readings each month, to ensure that you’re paying the right amount.

Ten - your final bill from your old supplier
    Typically this takes six weeks from your switch date to reach you. Your old supplier will work out whether to refund you any credit or collect any payment owing.

Eleven - help other members
    The community has loads of useful information - use our search bar at the top of the every page.
    If you can’t find what you need - Ask the Community. Don’t be shy! And if you see another member in need of advice, please post a reply to help them out if you can.

• Quote Originally Posted by Churchtownguy View Post
    Hi @Churchtownguy
    Thanks for send us the numbers.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team to look at today.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Churchtownguy View Post
    Hi @Churchtownguy
    Thanks for send us the numbers.
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team to look at today.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet