• Smart Meter

I have switched from EDF , will my smart meter work ? It’s electric only
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I have switched from EDF , will my smart meter work ? It’s electric only
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hello Simon,

No it won't, for now. The meter will still function as a meter and provide power but you will revert to reading it manually.

PP are currently testing version 2 smart meters and will be rolling them out next year. Your version 1 smart meter will eventually be enrolled so that any supplier can operate it but that won't be until at least the end of next year.
  • Hello Simon,

No it won't, for now. The meter will still function as a meter and provide power but you will revert to reading it manually.

PP are currently testing version 2 smart meters and will be rolling them out next year. Your version 1 smart meter will eventually be enrolled so that any supplier can operate it but that won't be until at least the end of next year.

• @Simon jo, welcome to PP community

There is also more information on Smart Meters here;

https://community.purepla.net/thread...nd-other-FAQs#
  • @Simon jo, welcome to PP community

There is also more information on Smart Meters here;

https://community.purepla.net/thread...nd-other-FAQs#

• What they ^ said and welcome.
    and to add your in-home display probably won't work either.
    If you do have problems reading the meter come back to the community and ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon jo View Post
  • What they ^ said and welcome.
    and to add your in-home display probably won't work either.
    If you do have problems reading the meter come back to the community and ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon jo View Post

• The IHD might still be working @woz (if the OP hasn't put it in a drawer or the bin by now - which is the fate of most of them in my experience) but it would still be displaying pricing information from the old supplier, unless their business process is to clear their information prior to losing the supply.
  • The IHD might still be working @woz (if the OP hasn't put it in a drawer or the bin by now - which is the fate of most of them in my experience) but it would still be displaying pricing information from the old supplier, unless their business process is to clear their information prior to losing the supply.

• thanks, that’s why I wrote probably, I’ll change it to may not!
  • thanks, that’s why I wrote probably, I’ll change it to may not!

• @MrSmart
    An afterthought
    It's not much use displaying pricing from the old supplier (although I'd say what use was that in the first place-but that's a different issue)
    The question is will it continue to display the power draw?
    if so that renders it useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    The IHD might still be working @woz (if the OP hasn't put it in a drawer or the bin by now - which is the fate of most of them in my experience) but it would still be displaying pricing information from the old supplier, unless their business process is to clear their information prior to losing the supply.
  • @MrSmart
    An afterthought
    It's not much use displaying pricing from the old supplier (although I'd say what use was that in the first place-but that's a different issue)
    The question is will it continue to display the power draw?
    if so that renders it useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    The IHD might still be working @woz (if the OP hasn't put it in a drawer or the bin by now - which is the fate of most of them in my experience) but it would still be displaying pricing information from the old supplier, unless their business process is to clear their information prior to losing the supply.

• @woz yes it will. As long as the IHD is paired to the meter then it will display what the meter pushes to it. I suspect most suppliers will have processes that clear pricing but the KWh should still display.
  • @woz yes it will. As long as the IHD is paired to the meter then it will display what the meter pushes to it. I suspect most suppliers will have processes that clear pricing but the KWh should still display.

• @MrSmart thanks
    That's interesting and begs the question as to why the accepted wisdom is that they no longer work when the meter becomes dumb. It certainly sounds like that is not the case.
  • @MrSmart thanks
    That's interesting and begs the question as to why the accepted wisdom is that they no longer work when the meter becomes dumb. It certainly sounds like that is not the case.