• Regretting switching

    Had I realised there was no way to speak to a human being I would never have switched.

    I have just had an email telling me I haven't provided my initial meter readings and my final bill from SSE will be based on an estimate. The only email I had from PP was 'Switch Complete', with no instructions or request for readings.

    Estimated readings from SSE well in excess of my usage was the reason I switched in the first place, so now it looks like I am going to have a battle to get this sorted.

    My advice to anyone thinking of switching to Pure Planet DON'T DO IT; the only customer support you get is inane scripted answers from a bot.
    Tap below to see the best answer
    0
  • Had I realised there was no way to speak to a human being I would never have switched.

    I have just had an email telling me I haven't provided my initial meter readings and my final bill from SSE will be based on an estimate. The only email I had from PP was 'Switch Complete', with no instructions or request for readings.

    Estimated readings from SSE well in excess of my usage was the reason I switched in the first place, so now it looks like I am going to have a battle to get this sorted.

    My advice to anyone thinking of switching to Pure Planet DON'T DO IT; the only customer support you get is inane scripted answers from a bot.
    Tap below to see the best answer


  • Best Answer

    Well then I'm afraid PP probably wasn't for you as it does state when you switch to download the app and use it - if you couldn't do this then it wouldn't be suitable for you.

    Having said that, there really is no reason to sit on long call queues to speak to a human when there are several humans here in the community waiting and willing to help (even if they don't work for PP). It's not for everyone but is clearly explained when you sign up.

    In any case, everything is resolvable if you have patience. If you didn't give your switch readings and you think they're too high you can get either supplier to dispute the readings and provide a better estimate which both suppliers will use. If it's lower than it should be happy days, PP will be charging you the usage at their much lower rate than the old supplier.
    2
  • Well then I'm afraid PP probably wasn't for you as it does state when you switch to download the app and use it - if you couldn't do this then it wouldn't be suitable for you.

    Having said that, there really is no reason to sit on long call queues to speak to a human when there are several humans here in the community waiting and willing to help (even if they don't work for PP). It's not for everyone but is clearly explained when you sign up.

    In any case, everything is resolvable if you have patience. If you didn't give your switch readings and you think they're too high you can get either supplier to dispute the readings and provide a better estimate which both suppliers will use. If it's lower than it should be happy days, PP will be charging you the usage at their much lower rate than the old supplier.


  • I was just about to switch when I saw this, thats exactly the same problem we have with our supplier they want to use last 2 years estimate of previous occupier for my DD when our usage is a lot lower than thiers. Worrying having no one to speak with though, bots are not that well defined yet and do not compensate for a human reassurance.
    Maybe I need to think again about who to switch to.
    Thanks for posting its really useful for people like me before committing then being sorry
    0
  • I was just about to switch when I saw this, thats exactly the same problem we have with our supplier they want to use last 2 years estimate of previous occupier for my DD when our usage is a lot lower than thiers. Worrying having no one to speak with though, bots are not that well defined yet and do not compensate for a human reassurance.
    Maybe I need to think again about who to switch to.
    Thanks for posting its really useful for people like me before committing then being sorry


  • Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I have just had an email telling me I haven't provided my initial meter readings and my final bill from SSE will be based on an estimate. The only email I had from PP was 'Switch Complete', with no instructions or request for readings.
    Hi @PeteW1959
    We're app-based. We don't have a call centre because we want to keep our costs as low as possible, and this means we can pass on these savings to our Members.
    As we grow, having a call centre would become very expensive. And the only way we could pay for it would be to pass on those costs to you and other Members - and we know nobody wants that.
    The majority of our new Members join and switch with no problem, and they're comfortable with using our community and app.

    Re your opening meter readings. In the countdown to your switch date, your app home screen changes a few days before you come on supply, and asks for a reading, like this:

    Name:  Pure Planet app joining countdown 17 days.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  71.0 KB


    We also send an email to remind you. Perhaps the email went to your spam folder? (And, if you're a Gmail user, you could check the 'promotions' folder, too).

    If you think we're not for you, you'll be happy to know that all you need to do is switch to another supplier - you can do this 10 days after your switch date - and we don't charge exit fees!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I have just had an email telling me I haven't provided my initial meter readings and my final bill from SSE will be based on an estimate. The only email I had from PP was 'Switch Complete', with no instructions or request for readings.
    Hi @PeteW1959
    We're app-based. We don't have a call centre because we want to keep our costs as low as possible, and this means we can pass on these savings to our Members.
    As we grow, having a call centre would become very expensive. And the only way we could pay for it would be to pass on those costs to you and other Members - and we know nobody wants that.
    The majority of our new Members join and switch with no problem, and they're comfortable with using our community and app.

    Re your opening meter readings. In the countdown to your switch date, your app home screen changes a few days before you come on supply, and asks for a reading, like this:

    Name:  Pure Planet app joining countdown 17 days.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  71.0 KB


    We also send an email to remind you. Perhaps the email went to your spam folder? (And, if you're a Gmail user, you could check the 'promotions' folder, too).

    If you think we're not for you, you'll be happy to know that all you need to do is switch to another supplier - you can do this 10 days after your switch date - and we don't charge exit fees!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet



  • Hi jojojo.
    Dont be put off by one persons experiance. Nope the bot is not perfect and is only a Q ana A system. You use it to message the team its not live chat but you do get responses. There is no call centre but also no huge expense that goes with one so thats why the price is so much lower.
    When you ask for a quote you say what your usage is and thats what you pay for, historical reading from old suppliers and occupier does not come into it. And if your over or under paying then simply ask for an adjustment.
    Some switchs have issues but this is usiually down to incorrect info being given by new customers or the wrong info being on the database that controls the switch process.
    2
  • Hi jojojo.
    Dont be put off by one persons experiance. Nope the bot is not perfect and is only a Q ana A system. You use it to message the team its not live chat but you do get responses. There is no call centre but also no huge expense that goes with one so thats why the price is so much lower.
    When you ask for a quote you say what your usage is and thats what you pay for, historical reading from old suppliers and occupier does not come into it. And if your over or under paying then simply ask for an adjustment.
    Some switchs have issues but this is usiually down to incorrect info being given by new customers or the wrong info being on the database that controls the switch process.


  • I very rarely look at my phone; I work from home, and do most stuff on my PC. TBH the app is very inconvenient, would be much easier to manage everything via the website, which is something else I was expecting to be able to do.

    Yes, I do use Gmail, but via Thunderbird and not webmail, so all messages (except spam) go to my inbox. I check my spam folder several times a day and don't just blanket delete. There has been no communication from PP in between 'Everything's on track' and 'Switch complete'.
    0
  • I very rarely look at my phone; I work from home, and do most stuff on my PC. TBH the app is very inconvenient, would be much easier to manage everything via the website, which is something else I was expecting to be able to do.

    Yes, I do use Gmail, but via Thunderbird and not webmail, so all messages (except spam) go to my inbox. I check my spam folder several times a day and don't just blanket delete. There has been no communication from PP in between 'Everything's on track' and 'Switch complete'.


  • ..and I'd add that you don't pay for the same energy twice, it's only the difference in unit prices that's at issue, often a small amount of £
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Well then I'm afraid PP probably wasn't for you as it does state when you switch to download the app and use it - if you couldn't do this then it wouldn't be suitable for you.

    Having said that, there really is no reason to sit on long call queues to speak to a human when there are several humans here in the community waiting and willing to help (even if they don't work for PP). It's not for everyone but is clearly explained when you sign up.

    In any case, everything is resolvable if you have patience. If you didn't give your switch readings and you think they're too high you can get either supplier to dispute the readings and provide a better estimate which both suppliers will use. If it's lower than it should be happy days, PP will be charging you the usage at their much lower rate than the old supplier.
    0
  • ..and I'd add that you don't pay for the same energy twice, it's only the difference in unit prices that's at issue, often a small amount of £
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Well then I'm afraid PP probably wasn't for you as it does state when you switch to download the app and use it - if you couldn't do this then it wouldn't be suitable for you.

    Having said that, there really is no reason to sit on long call queues to speak to a human when there are several humans here in the community waiting and willing to help (even if they don't work for PP). It's not for everyone but is clearly explained when you sign up.

    In any case, everything is resolvable if you have patience. If you didn't give your switch readings and you think they're too high you can get either supplier to dispute the readings and provide a better estimate which both suppliers will use. If it's lower than it should be happy days, PP will be charging you the usage at their much lower rate than the old supplier.


  • I must admit I also had reservations at first with no number to call, but actually with Wattbot you can "Message the team", get a response within a couple of days, and the support on this community with Marc never far around is really good. I am now having no regrets and getting more knowledgeable support than I ever did from previous suppliers. I do believe you raise a good point though, it would be good to manage your account through a web browser portal, rather than an app all the time.
    0
  • I must admit I also had reservations at first with no number to call, but actually with Wattbot you can "Message the team", get a response within a couple of days, and the support on this community with Marc never far around is really good. I am now having no regrets and getting more knowledgeable support than I ever did from previous suppliers. I do believe you raise a good point though, it would be good to manage your account through a web browser portal, rather than an app all the time.


  • Yet you chose to go with a supplier that's app only based and does not in any way hide that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I very rarely look at my phone; I work from home, and do most stuff on my PC. TBH the app is very inconvenient,
    1
  • Yet you chose to go with a supplier that's app only based and does not in any way hide that fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I very rarely look at my phone; I work from home, and do most stuff on my PC. TBH the app is very inconvenient,


  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Yet you chose to go with a supplier that's app only based and does not in any way hide that fact.
    I don't have a problem with using the app, just having to check it daily in case I have a message, reading request etc.

    I have managed to contact PP by email, and eventually got a reply (after 6 days!). Apparently there was a problem with reading request emails, and a number of customers didn't receive them.

    Not a great response time, but they did at least respond. Time will tell as to how well they deal with the inevitable over-estimation of my bill.
    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Yet you chose to go with a supplier that's app only based and does not in any way hide that fact.
    I don't have a problem with using the app, just having to check it daily in case I have a message, reading request etc.

    I have managed to contact PP by email, and eventually got a reply (after 6 days!). Apparently there was a problem with reading request emails, and a number of customers didn't receive them.

    Not a great response time, but they did at least respond. Time will tell as to how well they deal with the inevitable over-estimation of my bill.


  • Hi @PeteW1959, I hope you reach an answer your happy with . Its good you got a reply but agree the timescale does seem a bit long. I suspect PP have quite a number of new switches at the moment
    0
  • Hi @PeteW1959, I hope you reach an answer your happy with . Its good you got a reply but agree the timescale does seem a bit long. I suspect PP have quite a number of new switches at the moment


  • hi Pete
    my reply wasn’t intended to be snide,(I can’t think of a better word), and I agree 6 days is too long. The over estimation should correct itself when you submit readings. As long as pp and previous have used same readings for start and end in reality they’d have to be a very long way out to make a significant difference because it’s only the price difference between unit prices that’s the issue, and that’s very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I don't have a problem with using the app, just having to check it daily in case I have a message, reading request etc.

    I have managed to contact PP by email, and eventually got a reply (after 6 days!). Apparently there was a problem with reading request emails, and a number of customers didn't receive them.

    Not a great response time, but they did at least respond. Time will tell as to how well they deal with the inevitable over-estimation of my bill.
    0
  • hi Pete
    my reply wasn’t intended to be snide,(I can’t think of a better word), and I agree 6 days is too long. The over estimation should correct itself when you submit readings. As long as pp and previous have used same readings for start and end in reality they’d have to be a very long way out to make a significant difference because it’s only the price difference between unit prices that’s the issue, and that’s very small.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteW1959 View Post
    I don't have a problem with using the app, just having to check it daily in case I have a message, reading request etc.

    I have managed to contact PP by email, and eventually got a reply (after 6 days!). Apparently there was a problem with reading request emails, and a number of customers didn't receive them.

    Not a great response time, but they did at least respond. Time will tell as to how well they deal with the inevitable over-estimation of my bill.