• readings

Hi

I come on line in 3 days and was asked for first readings this am. Problem is I was asked for readings a couple of days ago which I sent with photos. So I'm confused. Can someone at pp look at this for me Pls. I'll resend if I need to but I don't want to confuse pp with multiple readings.

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi

I come on line in 3 days and was asked for first readings this am. Problem is I was asked for readings a couple of days ago which I sent with photos. So I'm confused. Can someone at pp look at this for me Pls. I'll resend if I need to but I don't want to confuse pp with multiple readings.

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi Michael

Yes this is pretty common, the same happened to me. Don’t worry about confusing them with multiple readings, just resubmit throguh the PP app. You will be asked for readings on a regular (monthly) basis to allow them to keep track of your energy use and also issue you with an accurate bill. Don’t forget that PP will also take an upfront DD payment just after your switch.

Any other questions, the community is well placed to answer or else find Wattbott on your App and ‘message the team’ and the PP service guys will respond in 48hrs. Remember there is no contact centre and everything is either done through the community or App.

I hope this helps.

Regards

TonyMcH

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I also meant to say that the meter readings help them to keep track of your monthly DD payments to ensure you aren’t paying too much/too little.

Your DD payments will have been set to a higher amount in the winter months. It's split 60/40, you pay 60% of your annual estimated charge in the winter months (October - February) and 40% in the summer months (March - September). You can check this in the app if you click on My Account then scroll down to Your Payment Plan.

If you need to change the DD, click on help in the PP app, then ask Wattbott, then ‘message the team’, asking for your DD to be increased/decreased. Someone should then get back you within 48 hours
  • Hi Michael

Yes this is pretty common, the same happened to me. Don’t worry about confusing them with multiple readings, just resubmit throguh the PP app. You will be asked for readings on a regular (monthly) basis to allow them to keep track of your energy use and also issue you with an accurate bill. Don’t forget that PP will also take an upfront DD payment just after your switch.

Any other questions, the community is well placed to answer or else find Wattbott on your App and ‘message the team’ and the PP service guys will respond in 48hrs. Remember there is no contact centre and everything is either done through the community or App.

I hope this helps.

Regards

TonyMcH

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I also meant to say that the meter readings help them to keep track of your monthly DD payments to ensure you aren’t paying too much/too little.

Your DD payments will have been set to a higher amount in the winter months. It's split 60/40, you pay 60% of your annual estimated charge in the winter months (October - February) and 40% in the summer months (March - September). You can check this in the app if you click on My Account then scroll down to Your Payment Plan.

If you need to change the DD, click on help in the PP app, then ask Wattbott, then ‘message the team’, asking for your DD to be increased/decreased. Someone should then get back you within 48 hours

• Best Answer

They won't be out of date because these are initial opening readings, not ongoing ones. They determine the point at which your old supplier stops billing you and PP start billing you. You'll be billed for any usage since those readings when you get your first monthly statement.

Also, no need to send your old supplier the same readings - they get the readings via the switch process, which is handled by the new supplier (PP).
  • They won't be out of date because these are initial opening readings, not ongoing ones. They determine the point at which your old supplier stops billing you and PP start billing you. You'll be billed for any usage since those readings when you get your first monthly statement.

Also, no need to send your old supplier the same readings - they get the readings via the switch process, which is handled by the new supplier (PP).

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I've sent again just now
    Received, and thank you @michaelc
    We're checking out why the app is still asking you for them.
    Thanks for your patience. Have a wonderful weekend
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I've sent again just now
    Received, and thank you @michaelc
    We're checking out why the app is still asking you for them.
    Thanks for your patience. Have a wonderful weekend

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• This readings submission information will also help myself when I get to the same point in a few days, thanks @TonyMcH
  • This readings submission information will also help myself when I get to the same point in a few days, thanks @TonyMcH

• Hi @michaelc,

it's a bug in the app (or the switching process). The same happened to me, so I submitted the same opening readings again (didn't ask for photos this time) and that got rid of the 'submit readings' moon on the main screen of the app. 3 days later my switch happened and went very smoothly.
  • Hi @michaelc,

it's a bug in the app (or the switching process). The same happened to me, so I submitted the same opening readings again (didn't ask for photos this time) and that got rid of the 'submit readings' moon on the main screen of the app. 3 days later my switch happened and went very smoothly.

• There will be a discrepancy if I send the old readings again 2 days later though.as mikez suggests.Would I be better to take new up to date readings and resubmit ?
  • There will be a discrepancy if I send the old readings again 2 days later though.as mikez suggests.Would I be better to take new up to date readings and resubmit ?

There will be a discrepancy if I send the old readings again 2 days later though.as mikez suggests.Would I be better to take new up to date readings and resubmit ?
    No, because it's the opening readings that it is asking for and you don't want to confuse things with two different sets of opening readings. I think you'll be fine if you just ignore it, to be honest.
    There will be a discrepancy if I send the old readings again 2 days later though.as mikez suggests.Would I be better to take new up to date readings and resubmit ?
    No, because it's the opening readings that it is asking for and you don't want to confuse things with two different sets of opening readings. I think you'll be fine if you just ignore it, to be honest.

• But the opening readings I give today would be out of date as I've used energy over the last few days. Surely it's wrong to send reading's today and say they are today's when actually they are a few days old?
    Now I'm confused. Can someone check my original readings are there or not. I want to get this right. Can a pp employee please look at this eg Marc. I'm cancelling this and going back to green network energy if I don't get a proper answer to this and fast
    I also sent green network the same readings at the same time. So this won't add up at all !
  • But the opening readings I give today would be out of date as I've used energy over the last few days. Surely it's wrong to send reading's today and say they are today's when actually they are a few days old?
    Now I'm confused. Can someone check my original readings are there or not. I want to get this right. Can a pp employee please look at this eg Marc. I'm cancelling this and going back to green network energy if I don't get a proper answer to this and fast
    I also sent green network the same readings at the same time. So this won't add up at all !

• Hi @michaelc
    Did you get the big green tick in your app when you sent the opening readings?
    Like this:

Name:  Thanks for submitting meter reading.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  35.8 KB

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @michaelc
    Did you get the big green tick in your app when you sent the opening readings?
    Like this:

Name:  Thanks for submitting meter reading.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  35.8 KB

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Yes
  • Yes

Yes
    Woohoooo then all is good and no need to give any more readings until next month.
    When its due one of the moons on the apps homepage will change and say give a reading.
    Yes
    Woohoooo then all is good and no need to give any more readings until next month.
    When its due one of the moons on the apps homepage will change and say give a reading.

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    I wish it was woohoo mate. It's said send meter readings all day long. Thats exact why I'm in this situation now!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    I wish it was woohoo mate. It's said send meter readings all day long. Thats exact why I'm in this situation now!

• Hi @michaelc
    Don't worry, we've got your photos so if need be we'll add the readings manually our end.
    Can you please send them again? Our tech guys are monitoring

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @michaelc
    Don't worry, we've got your photos so if need be we'll add the readings manually our end.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

What we're saying is that you can just ignore it (or do what I did and submit the original readings that you submitted a couple of days ago) and it will be fine, honest
    What we're saying is that you can just ignore it (or do what I did and submit the original readings that you submitted a couple of days ago) and it will be fine, honest

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @michaelc
    I've sent again just now
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @michaelc
    I've sent again just now

• So it does seem that for now, when switching to just resend the same readings if asked. Will be interesting to see if I end up the same position in a couple of weeks
  • So it does seem that for now, when switching to just resend the same readings if asked. Will be interesting to see if I end up the same position in a couple of weeks

• Cheers mark. It's disappeared now so your tech guys must have done something I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck mate. I'm sorted now I hope...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm sorted and thanks everyone for helping. Sorry if I got a bit shirty with anyone it's been a bad day etc

Michael
  • Cheers mark. It's disappeared now so your tech guys must have done something I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck mate. I'm sorted now I hope...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm sorted and thanks everyone for helping. Sorry if I got a bit shirty with anyone it's been a bad day etc

Michael

• Glad your sorted, enjoy your weekend
  • Glad your sorted, enjoy your weekend