• Pure Planet £25 Amazon voucher referrals

Are you enjoying saving money on clean energy with Pure Planet? You can invite others to join PP and both of you will earn £25 in Amazon vouchers.

On the homepage of your app, tap on the 'Refer friends earn £25' moon, or choose 'Refer friends' from the main menu.

This opens a browser window which will show your unique sharing code. You can send this to friends and family by email, SMS (text message), Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.

If they switch, we’ll know it’s you who introduced them. And we’ll give you both a £25 Amazon voucher once they're on supply with us.

It’s not just the money they save or the rewards you both earn. There’s another really big difference this small step makes - every switch to Pure Planet saves on average 4 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere every year.

Name:  Amazon referrral.png
Views: 1031
Size:  155.4 KB

You can introduce as many friends as you like (please do!) and about two days after the friend switches their energy to Pure Planet, you’ll both earn a reward.

Rewards will be sent by email after the new member has finished their switch and we’ve collected the first payment.

So keep your eyes open for an email. It’ll contain a unique, single-use code. Simply enter that at the Amazon checkout and you’ll get £25 off your order.

You can keep track of your rewards through our app. There are some rules - the most important being to only introduce people you know. Please don’t share your code in a way that others might see as ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’.

I’ve forgotten to send my sharing code when I referred a friend. Is to now too late to add it?

If you’ve recommended a friend to Pure Planet but forgot to send them your sharing code, please contact our Member services team via WattBot in your app.

Our team will need some info from you: Your name, address, date you came on supply with Pure Planet, and your unique sharing code. They will also need to know the other person’s full name and address, including postcode, and the date they came on supply with PP.

I was referred by a friend but I’ve not received my Amazon voucher

Remember that your Amazon voucher code is emailed to you up to two days after your switch date - that’s two days after the day you come on supply with Pure Planet.

If you don’t receive the email, please contact our Member services team via WattBot in your app.

Our team will need to know your name, address, date you came on supply with Pure Planet, the name of the person who referred you, as well as their address, including postcode, and their unique sharing code.

I want to share my referral code, but the app is showing the code that I used to join Pure Planet

When you tap on ‘Refer friends’ in the app, what this does is open a browser window with your sharing code.

If the code looks wrong, this will be due to your browser storing out of date info. To fix this, clear your browser’s cookies, cache and history. You can also try opening the browser in a private window.

Any questions? Let's chat about them in the replies.

Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Are you enjoying saving money on clean energy with Pure Planet? You can invite others to join PP and both of you will earn £25 in Amazon vouchers.

On the homepage of your app, tap on the 'Refer friends earn £25' moon, or choose 'Refer friends' from the main menu.

This opens a browser window which will show your unique sharing code. You can send this to friends and family by email, SMS (text message), Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.

If they switch, we’ll know it’s you who introduced them. And we’ll give you both a £25 Amazon voucher once they're on supply with us.

It’s not just the money they save or the rewards you both earn. There’s another really big difference this small step makes - every switch to Pure Planet saves on average 4 tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere every year.

Name:  Amazon referrral.png
Views: 1031
Size:  155.4 KB

You can introduce as many friends as you like (please do!) and about two days after the friend switches their energy to Pure Planet, you’ll both earn a reward.

Rewards will be sent by email after the new member has finished their switch and we’ve collected the first payment.

So keep your eyes open for an email. It’ll contain a unique, single-use code. Simply enter that at the Amazon checkout and you’ll get £25 off your order.

You can keep track of your rewards through our app. There are some rules - the most important being to only introduce people you know. Please don’t share your code in a way that others might see as ‘spam’ or ‘junk mail’.

I’ve forgotten to send my sharing code when I referred a friend. Is to now too late to add it?

If you’ve recommended a friend to Pure Planet but forgot to send them your sharing code, please contact our Member services team via WattBot in your app.

Our team will need some info from you: Your name, address, date you came on supply with Pure Planet, and your unique sharing code. They will also need to know the other person’s full name and address, including postcode, and the date they came on supply with PP.

I was referred by a friend but I’ve not received my Amazon voucher

Remember that your Amazon voucher code is emailed to you up to two days after your switch date - that’s two days after the day you come on supply with Pure Planet.

If you don’t receive the email, please contact our Member services team via WattBot in your app.

Our team will need to know your name, address, date you came on supply with Pure Planet, the name of the person who referred you, as well as their address, including postcode, and their unique sharing code.

I want to share my referral code, but the app is showing the code that I used to join Pure Planet

When you tap on ‘Refer friends’ in the app, what this does is open a browser window with your sharing code.

If the code looks wrong, this will be due to your browser storing out of date info. To fix this, clear your browser’s cookies, cache and history. You can also try opening the browser in a private window.

Any questions? Let's chat about them in the replies.

Hi I have recommended a friend but didn't understand the recommend a friend link so we both could get the Amazon voucher..is it to late or is there anyways to reclaim it?
  • Hi I have recommended a friend but didn't understand the recommend a friend link so we both could get the Amazon voucher..is it to late or is there anyways to reclaim it?

• Hi @Ayan
    Welcome to the community, and nice one for recommending Pure Planet to a friend.
    Did your friend follow your referral link to the joining stage? If they did and have agreed to switch to Pure Planet, you'll both get your Amazon vouchers on your friend's switch date, not before.
    Here's a link to more info about the Amazon voucher scheme in our Knowledge Hub.
    Does that help? Always happy to keep chatting here.

• Hi @Ayan
    Welcome to the community, and nice one for recommending Pure Planet to a friend.
    Did your friend follow your referral link to the joining stage? If they did and have agreed to switch to Pure Planet, you'll both get your Amazon vouchers on your friend's switch date, not before.
    Here's a link to more info about the Amazon voucher scheme in our Knowledge Hub.
    Does that help? Always happy to keep chatting here.

• Amazon Voucher

Hi all,

I’ve just switched but I was not aske for the Amazon switch code I had from a friend. How do I retrospectively input the code?

Thanks.
  • Hi all,

I’ve just switched but I was not aske for the Amazon switch code I had from a friend. How do I retrospectively input the code?

Thanks.

• Hi @DearChicago
    Welcome to the community!
    Our Member services team can look into this for you, if you contact them via WattBot chat.
    The info they'll need: Your friend's name and address, and the their unique Amazon sharing code

• Hi @DearChicago
    Our Member services team can look into this for you, if you contact them via WattBot chat.
    The info they'll need: Your friend's name and address, and the their unique Amazon sharing code

• This doesn't actually a seer the question - I have the same dilemma! Switched using the app expecting there to be a box to put the code in. From this answer it seems that nothing can be done. But it isn't obvious anywhere how to use the referral system, or am I being totally thick?
  • This doesn't actually a seer the question - I have the same dilemma! Switched using the app expecting there to be a box to put the code in. From this answer it seems that nothing can be done. But it isn't obvious anywhere how to use the referral system, or am I being totally thick?

• Hi @Bookwormlouise
    This thread explains how to use the Amazon voucher referrals
    Does that help?
    Happy to keep chatting here

• Hi @Bookwormlouise
    This thread explains how to use the Amazon voucher referrals
    Does that help?
    Happy to keep chatting here

I put a request in to swap to Pure Planet on the 11th October, my previous supplier put in an objection on the 12th October due to an outstanding balance. I phoned the previous supplier to clear the balance asap (Tues 16th October) and was told my objection was lifted.

I kept receiving email's from Pure Planet saying my swap was still in progress, Yesterday morning (Oct 19th) I received an e-mail at 08:33am to say my swap was still on track for October 28th. I then received another e-mail at 15:45 yesterday to say that my previous supplier is blocking my switch and I have had my switch cancelled and my account reset.

I have spoken to my previous supplier and they have advised all blocks/objections were lifted on the 16th, and even Pure Planet said on the morning of the 19th that my swap was still on track, so why receive another e-mail cancelling my switch at 15:45 the same day?

I joined via a referral link which would have entitled me to a £25 Amazon Voucher, I also swapped my neighbor the same day so I should have received a second £25 voucher for swapping him, and also what happens to his voucher as well as he is asking me?

Have all 3 vouchers been lost as a result of this glitch on Pure Planet's end?

Hopefully this can be resolved or I may need to re-consider joining Pure Planet.
  • I put a request in to swap to Pure Planet on the 11th October, my previous supplier put in an objection on the 12th October due to an outstanding balance. I phoned the previous supplier to clear the balance asap (Tues 16th October) and was told my objection was lifted.

I kept receiving email's from Pure Planet saying my swap was still in progress, Yesterday morning (Oct 19th) I received an e-mail at 08:33am to say my swap was still on track for October 28th. I then received another e-mail at 15:45 yesterday to say that my previous supplier is blocking my switch and I have had my switch cancelled and my account reset.

I have spoken to my previous supplier and they have advised all blocks/objections were lifted on the 16th, and even Pure Planet said on the morning of the 19th that my swap was still on track, so why receive another e-mail cancelling my switch at 15:45 the same day?

I joined via a referral link which would have entitled me to a £25 Amazon Voucher, I also swapped my neighbor the same day so I should have received a second £25 voucher for swapping him, and also what happens to his voucher as well as he is asking me?

Have all 3 vouchers been lost as a result of this glitch on Pure Planet's end?

Hopefully this can be resolved or I may need to re-consider joining Pure Planet.

• I’ve had the same problem also!
    My previous supplier blocked the switch.
    I was able to refer 9 other people to Pure Planet!
  • I’ve had the same problem also!
    My previous supplier blocked the switch.
    I was able to refer 9 other people to Pure Planet!

• British Gas block the switch but are saying Pure Planet cancelled the switch?!

Hello,
    I received an email from Pure
    Planet today saying,
    “We’re writing to let you know that your current energy supplier is blocking your gas switch to Pure Planet. They can’t tell us the reason for this, so we recommend you contact them as soon as possible to find out what’s going on.”

I just called British Gas twice asking why they blocked the switch. They have said that there’s no reason for them to and it’s Pure Planet who cancelled the switch.

This makes no sense.

I’ve now had the reregister with Pure Planet, loosing the time it’s taken to do the switch so far and loosing all my (9!!!) referrals.

Could anyone please shed some light on this?? It’s very frustrating.
    Is there any garauntee it won’t be cancelled again??
    And, is there any way I can claim back those referrals?

Thank you.
  • Hello,
    I received an email from Pure
    Planet today saying,
    “We’re writing to let you know that your current energy supplier is blocking your gas switch to Pure Planet. They can’t tell us the reason for this, so we recommend you contact them as soon as possible to find out what’s going on.”

I just called British Gas twice asking why they blocked the switch. They have said that there’s no reason for them to and it’s Pure Planet who cancelled the switch.

This makes no sense.

I’ve now had the reregister with Pure Planet, loosing the time it’s taken to do the switch so far and loosing all my (9!!!) referrals.

Could anyone please shed some light on this?? It’s very frustrating.
    Is there any garauntee it won’t be cancelled again??
    And, is there any way I can claim back those referrals?

Thank you.

• hi luke
    the community can't solve this one.
    The referral issue as I understand it is that you've given your referral code to 9 people who you expect will sign up using your code, but your code is no longer extant.
    Only PP can sort this out for you.
    The common-sense approach would be to put your account on hold with it's referral code and a note, but I don't work for PP
    The main reasons for failure to switch are debt, or that you have a complex meter arrangement, or a meter database anomaly due to change of meter. If I had to put money on it I'd say it was blocked by BG, but who knows...

Go to help in the app, ask wattbot type "message the team" and ask there. This is a complex issue, especially so the referrals.
    (Also I think I'd be inclined to ask BG to confirm in writing that PP blocked the switch.)
    Also T+C's here
    Last edited by woz; 20-10-18 at 15:31.
  • hi luke
    the community can't solve this one.
    The referral issue as I understand it is that you've given your referral code to 9 people who you expect will sign up using your code, but your code is no longer extant.
    Only PP can sort this out for you.
    The common-sense approach would be to put your account on hold with it's referral code and a note, but I don't work for PP
    The main reasons for failure to switch are debt, or that you have a complex meter arrangement, or a meter database anomaly due to change of meter. If I had to put money on it I'd say it was blocked by BG, but who knows...

Go to help in the app, ask wattbot type "message the team" and ask there. This is a complex issue, especially so the referrals.
    (Also I think I'd be inclined to ask BG to confirm in writing that PP blocked the switch.)
    Also T+C's here

• hi GE
    See my reply to Luke here
    Also T+C's here
    Last edited by woz; 20-10-18 at 15:30. Reason: termywormies
  • hi GE
    See my reply to Luke here
    Also T+C's here

• Amazon Gift Cards

I was quiet taken back to find out that you reward your community with Amazon gift cards if they recommend a friend. This company exploits it workers in its conditions and pay. It has increased the amount of delivery vehicles on the road, pays little tax and uses more plastic to wrap its goods in for the consumer to try and dispose off. I could go on. For a company you says it is green, choosing Amazon goes against the grain a little.
    Last edited by semaine; 20-10-18 at 16:52. Reason: spelling
  • I was quiet taken back to find out that you reward your community with Amazon gift cards if they recommend a friend. This company exploits it workers in its conditions and pay. It has increased the amount of delivery vehicles on the road, pays little tax and uses more plastic to wrap its goods in for the consumer to try and dispose off. I could go on. For a company you says it is green, choosing Amazon goes against the grain a little.

• Semaine you make some valid points but there are counter arguments to be made (e.g. job creation, Amazon web services are committed to using renewable energy etc.)
    I wrote what turned into an an essay in reply to this but decided not to send it. My reasons were that what starts as a very simple statement "Amazon are unethical because of ABC, turns into an extremely complex argument.

The simple answer for the moment is that those consumers who feel strongly about Amazon's ethical stance (or green stance if they perceive that to be unacceptable) are free to not use the referral system.

It's up to PP to balance the desire to build up their customer base against the evidential ethical standing of any incentive system they choose, and any other negative factors.

Personally I'd rather see the referral system scrapped, it sends out the wrong message in my opinion and it's in danger of turning into a Ponzi scheme.

I do hope common sense and good governance will prevail.

(disclaimer I use Amazon and I like 'free' money...but...)

Quote Originally Posted by semaine View Post
    I was quiet taken back to find out that you reward your community with Amazon gift cards if they recommend a friend. This company exploits it workers in its conditions and pay. It has increased the amount of delivery vehicles on the road, pays little tax and uses more plastic to wrap its goods in for the consumer to try and dispose off. I could go on. For a company you says it is green, choosing Amazon goes against the grain a little.
    Last edited by woz; 20-10-18 at 19:19.
  • Semaine you make some valid points but there are counter arguments to be made (e.g. job creation, Amazon web services are committed to using renewable energy etc.)
    I wrote what turned into an an essay in reply to this but decided not to send it. My reasons were that what starts as a very simple statement "Amazon are unethical because of ABC, turns into an extremely complex argument.

The simple answer for the moment is that those consumers who feel strongly about Amazon's ethical stance (or green stance if they perceive that to be unacceptable) are free to not use the referral system.

It's up to PP to balance the desire to build up their customer base against the evidential ethical standing of any incentive system they choose, and any other negative factors.

Personally I'd rather see the referral system scrapped, it sends out the wrong message in my opinion and it's in danger of turning into a Ponzi scheme.

I do hope common sense and good governance will prevail.

(disclaimer I use Amazon and I like 'free' money...but...)

Quote Originally Posted by semaine View Post

• I would like to see it scrapped too. Pure Planet stands head and shoulders above any other provider. It doesn’t need such an incentive to draw custom in IMO. It will get the custom based on its ethos alone.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• I would like to see it scrapped too. Pure Planet stands head and shoulders above any other provider. It doesn’t need such an incentive to draw custom in IMO. It will get the custom based on its ethos alone.

• Hi @GEvans91 @luketghutch
    Thanks for posting
    As @woz says the best option here is to contact our Member services team.
    To contact our team, head to Help in the app, open WattBot and type the words 'message the team’ and press the send button (like a paper aeroplane) to send it.
    And you can then add more info as prompted.
    It’s not a live-chat service but someone from the team will get back to you within two working days.

The info they'll from you includes:
    Your name and full address and postcode. Your unique referral link
    The full names and addresses of the people you've referred, and/or been referred by/

Also, just in case you didn't know, Amazon vouchers are sent about 24 hours after the switch date (the date you come on supply, or the person you've referred comes on supply)

• Hi @GEvans91 @luketghutch
    Thanks for posting
    As @woz says the best option here is to contact our Member services team.
    To contact our team, head to Help in the app, open WattBot and type the words 'message the team’ and press the send button (like a paper aeroplane) to send it.
    And you can then add more info as prompted.
    It’s not a live-chat service but someone from the team will get back to you within two working days.

The info they'll from you includes:
    Your name and full address and postcode. Your unique referral link
    The full names and addresses of the people you've referred, and/or been referred by/

Also, just in case you didn't know, Amazon vouchers are sent about 24 hours after the switch date (the date you come on supply, or the person you've referred comes on supply)

Hi, I forwarded the link sent to me by email to refer a friend but when I checked the link in the sent mail it said "Dione Murray thinks you'd like to join pure planet" instead of my name.
    If my friend uses the link will I get the Amazon voucher or will Dione Murray get it?
  • Hi, I forwarded the link sent to me by email to refer a friend but when I checked the link in the sent mail it said "Dione Murray thinks you'd like to join pure planet" instead of my name.
    If my friend uses the link will I get the Amazon voucher or will Dione Murray get it?

• Referred friend

Hi
    I shared my refer a friend link with a friend who then went on to switch using my link but they don’t show up as a referral in my app? Can you track it somehow?
  • Hi
    I shared my refer a friend link with a friend who then went on to switch using my link but they don’t show up as a referral in my app? Can you track it somehow?

• hi Dallclan
    I must admit I wasn't aware that referees (as opposed to referrers) appeared in the app. Perhaps someone else will confirm if they are supposed to?
    I always assumed that the row of heads was just a pretty graphic! (actually not that pretty)
    Is there some text somewhere to say that will happen?

You should both get your voucher(s) a day or 2 after the referee has switched.
    If you don't head off to help in the app, 'message the team' and give all details.
    Last edited by woz; 22-10-18 at 20:33.
  • hi Dallclan
    I must admit I wasn't aware that referees (as opposed to referrers) appeared in the app. Perhaps someone else will confirm if they are supposed to?
    I always assumed that the row of heads was just a pretty graphic! (actually not that pretty)
    Is there some text somewhere to say that will happen?

You should both get your voucher(s) a day or 2 after the referee has switched.
    If you don't head off to help in the app, 'message the team' and give all details.

I have recently joined Pure Planet but for some reason couldn't get a referal to work so seems like I have missed out on my joining voucher from Amazon. I have since recommened my son and he has joined but that seemed to work OK although we are both waiting for him to go online, he is on the countdown from 17 days. I just feel that most people seem to have received a recommendation and a voucher when they joined but mine didn't work for some reason.
  • I have recently joined Pure Planet but for some reason couldn't get a referal to work so seems like I have missed out on my joining voucher from Amazon. I have since recommened my son and he has joined but that seemed to work OK although we are both waiting for him to go online, he is on the countdown from 17 days. I just feel that most people seem to have received a recommendation and a voucher when they joined but mine didn't work for some reason.