• Economy 7 metre

I have an economy 7 (super deal) metre. Is this compatible with Pure Planet and will I be able to use my storage heaters during the day?
  • I have an economy 7 (super deal) metre. Is this compatible with Pure Planet and will I be able to use my storage heaters during the day?

• Hi there Polly,

Sorry you didn't receive a timely response to your query.
    Traditional E7 meters, yes, PP are capable of supporting but they wouldn't bill you with the different rates that you currently have (they only have a single rate tariff).

To confirm - do you have one meter but with 2 readings? If so, that's fine, that could transfer to PP but you would have to provide both readings and they would be charged at the same rate regardless of time of day. If you have more than one meter register (like an evening/weekend register as well as day/night) then I don't believe that would be supported. Also, if you have more than one meter, that wouldn't be supported either.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I have an economy 7 (super deal) metre. Is this compatible with Pure Planet and will I be able to use my storage heaters during the day?
  • Hi there Polly,

Traditional E7 meters, yes, PP are capable of supporting but they wouldn't bill you with the different rates that you currently have (they only have a single rate tariff).

To confirm - do you have one meter but with 2 readings? If so, that's fine, that could transfer to PP but you would have to provide both readings and they would be charged at the same rate regardless of time of day. If you have more than one meter register (like an evening/weekend register as well as day/night) then I don't believe that would be supported. Also, if you have more than one meter, that wouldn't be supported either.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post

• hi Polly
    just to clarify, if you are classed as an economy 7 customer now you’ll be able to move to pp, and to further clarify although both day and night readings are charged at the same rate, both readings will appear on the statement. Also you’ll be able to continue to use your heaters during the day if you are able to use them during the day now.(in other words if they aren’t on a timer).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Hi there Polly,

• hi Polly
    just to clarify, if you are classed as an economy 7 customer now you’ll be able to move to pp, and to further clarify although both day and night readings are charged at the same rate, both readings will appear on the statement. Also you’ll be able to continue to use your heaters during the day if you are able to use them during the day now.(in other words if they aren’t on a timer).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart View Post
    Hi there Polly,

• Just one point from my experience, some storage heaters (I'm thinking of installations I know of in the 80's for example) will be wired to a physical time switch next to the meter, so you could not switch them on out of the "e7" time band. So @Polly if they don't heat up in the day, that's why, even with Pure
  • Just one point from my experience, some storage heaters (I'm thinking of installations I know of in the 80's for example) will be wired to a physical time switch next to the meter, so you could not switch them on out of the "e7" time band. So @Polly if they don't heat up in the day, that's why, even with Pure

• Very true Gil, mine are antiquated 80s things and they’re 💩👎, and yes on a timer so would only come on through night anyway, but rest assured Polly, as Gil and Mr Smart have said, PP works fine with those of us with such a meter. I submit both the night and day readings as requested each month, then the bill shows same rate for both. Simple 👍

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woz of course, sorry Wozeeta 👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Very true Gil, mine are antiquated 80s things and they’re 💩👎, and yes on a timer so would only come on through night anyway, but rest assured Polly, as Gil and Mr Smart have said, PP works fine with those of us with such a meter. I submit both the night and day readings as requested each month, then the bill shows same rate for both. Simple 👍

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woz of course, sorry Wozeeta 👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• yep, that was why I wrote what I wrote...
    cheers Bev!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Very true Gil, mine are antiquated 80s things and they’re ������������, and yes on a timer so would only come on through night anyway, but rest assured Polly, as Gil and Mr Smart have said, PP works fine with those of us with such a meter. I submit both the night and day readings as requested each month, then the bill shows same rate for both. Simple ������

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woz of course, sorry Wozeeta ������
  • yep, that was why I wrote what I wrote...
    cheers Bev!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Very true Gil, mine are antiquated 80s things and they’re ������������, and yes on a timer so would only come on through night anyway, but rest assured Polly, as Gil and Mr Smart have said, PP works fine with those of us with such a meter. I submit both the night and day readings as requested each month, then the bill shows same rate for both. Simple ������

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Woz of course, sorry Wozeeta ������