Poll: Would you buy a pair of trainers made from corn, bean oil and cotton?

• Question POLL: Would you buy a pair of trainers made from corn, bean oil and cotton?

Would you buy a pair of ‘vegetable’ trainers made of corn, bean oil and cotton?

Reebok has started selling the unisex shoes, described as being ‘chalk’ coloured.

The sole is made from corn, the insole from castor bean oil, and the upper from cotton.

Name:  Reebok Corn and Cotton shoes.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  727.2 KB

Most trainers are made from oil-based rubber and synthetic materials including ‘foam’ from vinyl acetate.

Of course sustainable trainers are already available from smaller brand names, such as Veja.

Would you spend a bit extra for shoes made from sustainable materials? Tell the community in the replies and vote in our poll.

Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Would you buy a pair of ‘vegetable’ trainers made of corn, bean oil and cotton?

Reebok has started selling the unisex shoes, described as being ‘chalk’ coloured.

The sole is made from corn, the insole from castor bean oil, and the upper from cotton.

Name:  Reebok Corn and Cotton shoes.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  727.2 KB

Most trainers are made from oil-based rubber and synthetic materials including ‘foam’ from vinyl acetate.

Of course sustainable trainers are already available from smaller brand names, such as Veja.

Would you spend a bit extra for shoes made from sustainable materials? Tell the community in the replies and vote in our poll.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I really adore branded sneakers, and not because I’m 14 but because I truly think you need specific footwear for specific activities, and yes you can get by with one pair, but feet are too too precious, so wear the correct shoes IMO. Brands are good

HOWEVER, saying that, these are better than ok, and above all, rather unique. Anything unique is awesome IMO so I’d deffo give them a go for one summer (cos thats all they’d last, I’m certain) purely for fashion, (and the story behind their making), and not for too much activity.

But for some reason, every time I look at them, I just can’t help thinking “Joanna Lumleys improvised espadrilles made from that tit sling whilst filming on a dessert island!”
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I really adore branded sneakers, and not because I’m 14 but because I truly think you need specific footwear for specific activities, and yes you can get by with one pair, but feet are too too precious, so wear the correct shoes IMO. Brands are good

HOWEVER, saying that, these are better than ok, and above all, rather unique. Anything unique is awesome IMO so I’d deffo give them a go for one summer (cos thats all they’d last, I’m certain) purely for fashion, (and the story behind their making), and not for too much activity.

But for some reason, every time I look at them, I just can’t help thinking “Joanna Lumleys improvised espadrilles made from that tit sling whilst filming on a dessert island!”

WALT WHITMAN
  • Not had trainers for years, I'm not allowed them anymore by the boss
  • Not had trainers for years, I'm not allowed them anymore by the boss
  • Quote Originally Posted by dgilbert2 View Post
    Not had trainers for years, I'm not allowed them anymore by the boss
    Same here @dgilbert2
    And I assume you're not talking about your employer?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by dgilbert2 View Post
    Not had trainers for years, I'm not allowed them anymore by the boss
    Same here @dgilbert2
    And I assume you're not talking about your employer?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • @Marc, correct, I'm talking about my "real" boss
  • @Marc, correct, I'm talking about my "real" boss
  • Hee hee, don’t be soooo under the 👎 you two 😂😂😂. If you like them, wear them! 🙄😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hee hee, don’t be soooo under the 👎 you two 😂😂😂. If you like them, wear them! 🙄😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • @Bev - your not getting this . There are certain battles that are simply not worth fighting. You have to pick the ones to fight...
  • @Bev - your not getting this . There are certain battles that are simply not worth fighting. You have to pick the ones to fight...
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN