• Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2014/03/an...pares.html?m=1
  • Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2014/03/an...pares.html?m=1
  • Thank you @ekranoplan for sharing that and Welcome
  • Thank you @ekranoplan for sharing that and Welcome
  • [QUOTE=ekranoplan;17294]Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

https://community.purepla.net/members/17458-ekranoplan

Welcome to the community @ekranoplan
    Thanks for posting.
    Nice review!
    Did you write it? Would be great to hear your thoughts on plug-in hybrids v fully electric
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • [QUOTE=ekranoplan;17294]Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

Thanks for posting.
    Nice review!
    Did you write it? Would be great to hear your thoughts on plug-in hybrids v fully electric

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • [QUOTE=Marc;17388]
    Quote Originally Posted by ekranoplan View Post
    Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

Thanks for posting.
    Nice review!
    I've had my i3 for 4 years now and wouldn't ever go back to ICE. (although I do have a Z4 that I race as I am still a petrol head.)

Hybrids are a waste of time in my opinion unless you're doing alot of motorway milage of 120 miles plus in a single trip. They are more complex, more things to go wrong, still have servicing costs and tax, and still rely mainly on fuel which is never cheap.

In the 4 years and 33k milage I've owned my car it's cost me about £280 and that was for its first service (brake fluid), mot and some wiper blades.

I average 4.2kw of electricity per mile so at pure planets prices, my car costs me 2.9 pence per mile to run. Happy days.
  • [QUOTE=Marc;17388]
    Useful website and lots of reviews for those who are interested in the i3 and want to know pros and cons:

Thanks for posting.
    Nice review!
    I've had my i3 for 4 years now and wouldn't ever go back to ICE. (although I do have a Z4 that I race as I am still a petrol head.)

Hybrids are a waste of time in my opinion unless you're doing alot of motorway milage of 120 miles plus in a single trip. They are more complex, more things to go wrong, still have servicing costs and tax, and still rely mainly on fuel which is never cheap.

In the 4 years and 33k milage I've owned my car it's cost me about £280 and that was for its first service (brake fluid), mot and some wiper blades.

I average 4.2kw of electricity per mile so at pure planets prices, my car costs me 2.9 pence per mile to run. Happy days.
  • Selector fork on 1/4 million mile diesel gave up just before Christmas. It's repairable but meant family dependent on 60ah i3 for the duration. I'm a fan of the car but not the winter range or poor UK CCS infrastructure. Most ecotricity units on the m1 were down south of Notts. We have the heat pump but still current EVs seem to prefer slower travel and 50mph roadworks. Second run from Preston to Derby took 4 hours including charges.
  • Selector fork on 1/4 million mile diesel gave up just before Christmas. It's repairable but meant family dependent on 60ah i3 for the duration. I'm a fan of the car but not the winter range or poor UK CCS infrastructure. Most ecotricity units on the m1 were down south of Notts. We have the heat pump but still current EVs seem to prefer slower travel and 50mph roadworks. Second run from Preston to Derby took 4 hours including charges.
  • [QUOTE=Stealth;20259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

Great post @Stealth
    I wish more people could read it! I think it would help convince some of the doubters.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • [QUOTE=Stealth;20259]

Great post @Stealth
    I wish more people could read it! I think it would help convince some of the doubters.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • [QUOTE=Stealth;20259]
    EDIT: wrote the above figures wrong. Should be 4.2 miles per kilowatt of electricity!

- - - Updated - - -

Selector fork on 1/4 million mile diesel gave up just before Christmas. It's repairable but meant family dependent on 60ah i3 for the duration. I'm a fan of the car but not the winter range or poor UK CCS infrastructure. Most ecotricity units on the m1 were down south of Notts. We have the heat pump but still current EVs seem to prefer slower travel and 50mph roadworks. Second run from Preston to Derby took 4 hours including charges.
    I know how you feel. Is a bit of a ball ache in winter and makes the total journey time sometimes frustrating. I'd swap it out for a 42kw if I could. But for 95% of my journeys the 21kw around the city is easily manageable and happy to accept a bit of inconvenience on longer journeys.
  • [QUOTE=Stealth;20259]
    EDIT: wrote the above figures wrong. Should be 4.2 miles per kilowatt of electricity!

- - - Updated - - -

Selector fork on 1/4 million mile diesel gave up just before Christmas. It's repairable but meant family dependent on 60ah i3 for the duration. I'm a fan of the car but not the winter range or poor UK CCS infrastructure. Most ecotricity units on the m1 were down south of Notts. We have the heat pump but still current EVs seem to prefer slower travel and 50mph roadworks. Second run from Preston to Derby took 4 hours including charges.
    I know how you feel. Is a bit of a ball ache in winter and makes the total journey time sometimes frustrating. I'd swap it out for a 42kw if I could. But for 95% of my journeys the 21kw around the city is easily manageable and happy to accept a bit of inconvenience on longer journeys.