• Smart meters

My friend wants to move to pier planet from British gas but the house she just bought has smart meters is this a problem
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • My friend wants to move to pier planet from British gas but the house she just bought has smart meters is this a problem
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

hi gfehners
    No it isn't a problem but read on..
    firstly tell your friend she shouldn't go to pier planet , but she should switch to Pure Planet instead!

Smart meters aren't a problem, the only issue is they will almost certainly cease to become smart if she moves suppliers and she may have to read the meters once a month (easy to do and lots of help from the community if any problems). In the fullness of time PP will update or change the meters depending on what type of meters they are, but it won't happen instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfehners View Post
    My friend wants to move to pier planet from British gas but the house she just bought has smart meters is this a problem
  • hi gfehners
    No it isn't a problem but read on..
    firstly tell your friend she shouldn't go to pier planet , but she should switch to Pure Planet instead!

Smart meters aren't a problem, the only issue is they will almost certainly cease to become smart if she moves suppliers and she may have to read the meters once a month (easy to do and lots of help from the community if any problems). In the fullness of time PP will update or change the meters depending on what type of meters they are, but it won't happen instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfehners View Post

• We have a smart meter from previous supplier . I find it very difficult to read them manually .when will Pure Planet use smart meters? P
  • We have a smart meter from previous supplier . I find it very difficult to read them manually .when will Pure Planet use smart meters? P

• hi Patsy
    They are running a trial, but at present you can't rely on a fixed date. Putting that aside for the moment, what is causing the difficulty? Is it the location of the meters or something else?
    There is a priority services register you can opt into if an impairment makes it difficult for you to read the meter (I'm not prying, just trying to help)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    We have a smart meter from previous supplier . I find it very difficult to read them manually .when will Pure Planet use smart meters? P
  • hi Patsy
    They are running a trial, but at present you can't rely on a fixed date. Putting that aside for the moment, what is causing the difficulty? Is it the location of the meters or something else?
    There is a priority services register you can opt into if an impairment makes it difficult for you to read the meter (I'm not prying, just trying to help)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    We have a smart meter from previous supplier . I find it very difficult to read them manually .when will Pure Planet use smart meters? P