• Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    And it would appear i need to. Electric got ""closing" reading on 5/7/19 but gas has never had "closing" entered so when i read the metersd last week the app would NOT take the reading as it was "too low" and i had to enter it via the webpage (go figure) now i sent both closing readings the day he did the install but the gas one has never appeared, any chance we can get this fixed ?
    Hi BobS,
    This seems to be a common theme, my smart meters were fitted in May, and like you the gas close and recent sent readings are not showing on the app, although the electric is ok.
    All part and parcel of being part of the trial I suppose
  • Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    And it would appear i need to. Electric got ""closing" reading on 5/7/19 but gas has never had "closing" entered so when i read the metersd last week the app would NOT take the reading as it was "too low" and i had to enter it via the webpage (go figure) now i sent both closing readings the day he did the install but the gas one has never appeared, any chance we can get this fixed ?
    Hi BobS,
    This seems to be a common theme, my smart meters were fitted in May, and like you the gas close and recent sent readings are not showing on the app, although the electric is ok.

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi BobS,
    I'm happy enough with them, but now seemingly have less control over my account than i had before which frankly is not how the entire smart meter thing is being sold eh
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    Hi BobS,
    I'm happy enough with them, but now seemingly have less control over my account than i had before which frankly is not how the entire smart meter thing is being sold eh

• hi bobs
    ​hmmm...I don't see it that way. I don't think the whole smart meter thing was ever sold on giving you more control over your account, perhaps there is some element of promising you more control over your consumption patterns as you now have a pretty (but ineffectual & dumbed-down) IHD to look at. I think the smart meter thing is predicated on giving you far less control, after when it's working away silently in the background sending that lovely data, you won't have a clue what it's submitting until you get the bill.
    Disclaimer: If it ain't broke don't fix it
    (and I'm also from a tech background before the shouts of Luddite appear)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
  • hi bobs
    ​hmmm...I don't see it that way. I don't think the whole smart meter thing was ever sold on giving you more control over your account, perhaps there is some element of promising you more control over your consumption patterns as you now have a pretty (but ineffectual & dumbed-down) IHD to look at. I think the smart meter thing is predicated on giving you far less control, after when it's working away silently in the background sending that lovely data, you won't have a clue what it's submitting until you get the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi bobs
    well i guess you have a point there, but there i was happily knowing EXACTLY what i was using each month, now i have a few missed months:P hopefully it will rectify itself next month.
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    hi bobs
    well i guess you have a point there, but there i was happily knowing EXACTLY what i was using each month, now i have a few missed months:P hopefully it will rectify itself next month.