• Switch - Postcode Error

Hi,

We tried to switch from Ovo but it was rejected. Ovo investigated (they were actually really helpful) and found the national meter database(?) had the wrong postcode listed. They have applied to change it but it will take weeks to go through.
    The have given us the MPAN number for the supply and said that Pure Planet can use this number instead, but I have no way of giving it to them.

Any help much appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi,

We tried to switch from Ovo but it was rejected. Ovo investigated (they were actually really helpful) and found the national meter database(?) had the wrong postcode listed. They have applied to change it but it will take weeks to go through.
    The have given us the MPAN number for the supply and said that Pure Planet can use this number instead, but I have no way of giving it to them.

Any help much appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

I don't work for PP so I can't help take the MPAN from you however I agree that this would be a useful addition to the sign up process for those that have it.

Sometimes the national database can be incorrect and will require amendment by the Supplier. It should not take a number of weeks, however. At most maybe a couple of days.
    @Marc is this something that could be considered for future updates to the PP sign up process? Maybe a choice between address and MPxN if you have it? Would make it more accurate. I suppose it depends on the systems behind the sign up process though
  • I don't work for PP so I can't help take the MPAN from you however I agree that this would be a useful addition to the sign up process for those that have it.

Sometimes the national database can be incorrect and will require amendment by the Supplier. It should not take a number of weeks, however. At most maybe a couple of days.
    @Marc is this something that could be considered for future updates to the PP sign up process? Maybe a choice between address and MPxN if you have it? Would make it more accurate. I suppose it depends on the systems behind the sign up process though

• Hi @YewTreeCottage
    When the team contacted you by email about the glitch - you can reply to that @MrSmart good shout
    I've DMd you about this
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @YewTreeCottage
    When the team contacted you by email about the glitch - you can reply to that @MrSmart good shout
    I've DMd you about this
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​