Fully Charged news panel show first episode
08-10-18, 12:11 - Views: 341
If you’re interested in electric vehicles and hybrids then you’re probably already a fan of Fully Charged.
The team recorded their first ever news panel episode in Bristol the other day, and yours truly managed to blag a seat in the audience.
The panel features show regulars Robert Llewellyn and Jonny Smith with guests Alisa Murphy (of Life Size Media) and Emma Pinchbeck (executive director of renewable trade association RenewableUK.)
The panel discussed the latest news and views related to all things EV. It’s well worth watching, subscribing to the Fully Charged YouTube channel, and even supporting the team on Patreon.
Emma Pinchbeck had some really great observations, including the need to rollout small, ‘slow’ charge points across the UK for EV drivers to keep topping up their cars. This is so we avoid a situation in the near future of millions of EV owners wanting to fast-charge their cars at the same time, which would create huge demands on the grid.
She also talked about how the UK is a leader in offshore wind farms for powering renewable energy, but we’ll need more on-shore turbines. Maybe it’s a case of ‘NIMBY-ism’?
There was also a great line-up of EVs parked outside for everyone to admire. Lots of Teslas on show, as well as a few Nissan Leafs and even an old Beetle which has been converted into an EV!
Community Manager - Pure Planet
- Exciting news! We've doubled our rewards - share £100 when you refer someone to Pure Planet
- Pure Planet app update - download version 7.21.3
- Find out more about member @stephenrand in this month's Pure Planet commmunity spotlight
- New update about smart meters' IHD issues
- Look at this great new thread all about healthy bodies started by @Bev
- Latest community round-up and points leaderboard - how many did you get?
- New! Pure Planet community quiz! See how much you know about renewable energy
- Check out Pure Planet poetry corner - a new thread started by @woz