• hi Redbaron
    I applaud your diligence, however..
    I fear that the variation in weather will make it difficult over one year to show any meaningful comparisons.

If it's any help led lamps are well worth the investment, particularly if you have a quantity of halogen downlighters at 35 or 50w a throw.
    The comparison isn't as straightforward as you think though, because the heat from the halogen lamps is a bonus in the colder months, not that that's a good reason to keep them, but just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
    Thanks Marc. Only been with Pure Planet for 2 months, so not much to look at on my usage page. As I make changes to the house (e.g. change to all LED lights), it would be nice to see next year that similar months are using less electricity. Additionally, if I replace all my radiator thermostats and modify my heating control, it would be nice to see I've made some effective changes by comparing seasonal usage.
  • hi Redbaron
    I applaud your diligence, however..
    I fear that the variation in weather will make it difficult over one year to show any meaningful comparisons.

If it's any help led lamps are well worth the investment, particularly if you have a quantity of halogen downlighters at 35 or 50w a throw.
    The comparison isn't as straightforward as you think though, because the heat from the halogen lamps is a bonus in the colder months, not that that's a good reason to keep them, but just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
    Thanks Marc. Only been with Pure Planet for 2 months, so not much to look at on my usage page. As I make changes to the house (e.g. change to all LED lights), it would be nice to see next year that similar months are using less electricity. Additionally, if I replace all my radiator thermostats and modify my heating control, it would be nice to see I've made some effective changes by comparing seasonal usage.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @Bev
    Well spotted!
    Yep, you're right.
    We no longer have 'Send a meter reading' showing all the time on the app homepage or in the main menu (as you say, this option only appears when it's time to send one) but it has crept into the 'Usage' section.
    Our app team are aware @Georgie
    Heads-up to @MrSmart who I know spotted it too
    Thanks for letting us know
    Hi again @Bev and @MrSmart
    The app update this week - version 7.13.0 - has fixed this. No longer in 'usage' section when it's not time to send a reading
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @Bev
    Well spotted!
    Yep, you're right.
    We no longer have 'Send a meter reading' showing all the time on the app homepage or in the main menu (as you say, this option only appears when it's time to send one) but it has crept into the 'Usage' section.
    Our app team are aware @Georgie
    Heads-up to @MrSmart who I know spotted it too
    Thanks for letting us know
    Hi again @Bev and @MrSmart
    The app update this week - version 7.13.0 - has fixed this. No longer in 'usage' section when it's not time to send a reading

• Dear Marc,
    I have since switching to Pureplanet in June, been largely pleased with Pureplanet.

But there are a few issues which I must there remain a few issues that demand critical address, to improve your service still further.

1) Deductions of consumption rather than historic usage
    The appeal in a customer initial switch typically owes to desire to avail cheaper unit costs. Yet such customers are also savvy enough to recognise further gains are possible with adjust their consumption as well. Deductions that rely on previous service provider, rather than current Pureplanet readings, are ridiculous as whilst account balance grows, the customer sees no difference in their monthly payment. This must change!

2) Enable pictures to submitted beside figure readings

3) lastly, Pureplanet has recently updated the app to display a graph with blue line and orange line. May I kindly clarify the blue line is historic usage and orange line is present usage?

I would most grateful, for your response.
  • Dear Marc,
    I have since switching to Pureplanet in June, been largely pleased with Pureplanet.

But there are a few issues which I must there remain a few issues that demand critical address, to improve your service still further.

1) Deductions of consumption rather than historic usage
    The appeal in a customer initial switch typically owes to desire to avail cheaper unit costs. Yet such customers are also savvy enough to recognise further gains are possible with adjust their consumption as well. Deductions that rely on previous service provider, rather than current Pureplanet readings, are ridiculous as whilst account balance grows, the customer sees no difference in their monthly payment. This must change!

2) Enable pictures to submitted beside figure readings

3) lastly, Pureplanet has recently updated the app to display a graph with blue line and orange line. May I kindly clarify the blue line is historic usage and orange line is present usage?

I would most grateful, for your response.
  • Hi @Asenief072
    Thanks for this great feedback.

Deductions of consumption rather than historic usage
    Yes. We're rolling out our 2nd gen smart meters next year and having this data will make real-time consumption (or, to start with, every 30 minutes or so) a really interesting feature.

Enable pictures to submitted beside figure readings
    We do this for opening readings. That's the only time we need pictures. And also smart meters will handle the readings too, of course.

graph with blue line and orange line
    Well spotted! There should be a key to explain what this is. It's obviously disappeared in a recent app update.
    Blue is gas. Orange is electricity.
    We'll put the key back in the next app update.

• Hi @Asenief072
    Thanks for this great feedback.

Deductions of consumption rather than historic usage
    Yes. We're rolling out our 2nd gen smart meters next year and having this data will make real-time consumption (or, to start with, every 30 minutes or so) a really interesting feature.

Enable pictures to submitted beside figure readings
    We do this for opening readings. That's the only time we need pictures. And also smart meters will handle the readings too, of course.

graph with blue line and orange line
    Well spotted! There should be a key to explain what this is. It's obviously disappeared in a recent app update.
    Blue is gas. Orange is electricity.
    We'll put the key back in the next app update.