• Pure Planet app update 7.12.0 - thanks to your input and feedback

Hi all

We’ve been busy working to get some great new features into the app.

Download version 7.12.0 from the App Store or from Google Play for the new version of the app which brings new designs and a better user experience.

Thanks to those who gave such useful feedback in the community about the app designs as well as new functions. We got lots of help from members who came to Pure Planet Towers in the summer, too.

So, what’s new?

A clearer energy usage page

We’ve completely changed the way energy usage is shown. We’ve now got accurate graphs which are much easier to read than the previous ‘wheels’.

Thanks to members @Timco and @Bev and @woz and @Habby and @CrabbyHorse and @WoldsWhite who have consistently reminded us how much Members wanted this. Big love

See your energy use history

With the new app you can now also check your meter read history.

Just tap on ‘Usage’ in the main menu and you’ll see your previous readings, and when they were sent.
    Excellent!

Name:  Pure Planet meter reading history.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  53.2 KB

Members @Jon1 and @Troops told us they wanted this during a visit to Pure Planet HQ. Cheers also @woz and @Timco and @Arkwrite56 who raised this issue in the community too.

Change your Direct Debit details in the app

Yep, this is another big one. We know you want the ability to change your own Direct Debit details in the app, so you don’t have to message our Member services team.

Well, now you can! As long as you’re not 10 days or closer to your next payment.

Go to Menu > Payments and Tariffs > Change Payment Details

Nice one everyone who asked for this feature in the app

See your next payment amount

What is says on the tin. Go to Menu > Payments and Tariffs for this

Name:  Pure Planet app payments and tariff.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  73.1 KB

Complete redesign puts the most popular sections first

We’ve looked at what our Members use the app for. And these most useful actions are now on the app homepage as moons around Pure Planet.

When it’s time for you to submit a monthly meter reading, you’ll see the ‘send a meter reading’ moon on the homepage. Tapping on this takes you straight to the meter reading screen (so no more having to navigate through multiple menus).

When we don’t need a meter reading, you won’t see that moon at all! Instead, the app will show a moon with ‘Your usage’ and this will take you directly to your monthly energy usage.

Name:  Pure Planet app homescreen moons.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  38.9 KB

You’ll be happy to hear that the community gets its own moon on the homepage too. Love it!

Other moons include refer a friend and the Pure Planet blog.

Improvements for new Members who have just joined

For new Members who have just joined Pure Planet and confirmed their switch, the app will display a 17-day countdown to the date you come on supply.

Name:  Pure Planet app joining countdown 17 days.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  71.0 KB

When a new Member is five days away from coming in supply, a new ‘send a meter reading’ moon appears on the homepage for the first time.

What else can you do in the the new app?

The app update also makes a small change to the send a meter reading page.

Once you’ve sent your meter reading(s), you’ll see the big green tick as before.

But now, if you try and re-send them more than once in a day, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

Name:  Pure Planet app time to send a meter reading.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  94.2 KB

And if there's a problem with your account and we can't accept a meter reading, WattBot will pop up and will let you know what you need to do.

Changes to the app’s menu

The updated app also makes some small changes to the main menu.

Your account details are still the first item in the menu, right at the top. This contains all your personal information and marketing preferences. You can change your mobile number here, and add your household to the Priority Services Register.

Payments and Tariff - all your payment information. You can change the date that your monthly Direct Debit is taken. And new for this release, you can also update your bank details.

Send a Meter Reading - No change here

Usage - Here you can see snapshots of your past statements, view your usage in kWh and the cost in pounds. You can now compare your usage to the previous months with a new graph, and see your meter read history.

What’s coming next?

There’s no resting here. Our tech team are already working on more great things.
    In the next few weeks we’ll have new updates so you can:

View your balance in the app
    See your transaction history

And soon after that we’ll be adding the ability for Members to change their email address in the app.

And breathe….

I’ll be posting more info about those future improvements as soon as there’s more news, and for some of your thoughts before we make anything live.

Thanks again to Members who have been helping us out with great ideas and honest feedback.
    Last edited by Marc; 04-10-18 at 09:55.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi all

We’ve been busy working to get some great new features into the app.

Download version 7.12.0 from the App Store or from Google Play for the new version of the app which brings new designs and a better user experience.

Thanks to those who gave such useful feedback in the community about the app designs as well as new functions. We got lots of help from members who came to Pure Planet Towers in the summer, too.

So, what’s new?

A clearer energy usage page

We’ve completely changed the way energy usage is shown. We’ve now got accurate graphs which are much easier to read than the previous ‘wheels’.

Thanks to members @Timco and @Bev and @woz and @Habby and @CrabbyHorse and @WoldsWhite who have consistently reminded us how much Members wanted this. Big love

See your energy use history

With the new app you can now also check your meter read history.

Just tap on ‘Usage’ in the main menu and you’ll see your previous readings, and when they were sent.
    Excellent!

Name:  Pure Planet meter reading history.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  53.2 KB

Members @Jon1 and @Troops told us they wanted this during a visit to Pure Planet HQ. Cheers also @woz and @Timco and @Arkwrite56 who raised this issue in the community too.

Change your Direct Debit details in the app

Yep, this is another big one. We know you want the ability to change your own Direct Debit details in the app, so you don’t have to message our Member services team.

Well, now you can! As long as you’re not 10 days or closer to your next payment.

Go to Menu > Payments and Tariffs > Change Payment Details

Nice one everyone who asked for this feature in the app

See your next payment amount

What is says on the tin. Go to Menu > Payments and Tariffs for this

Name:  Pure Planet app payments and tariff.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  73.1 KB

Complete redesign puts the most popular sections first

We’ve looked at what our Members use the app for. And these most useful actions are now on the app homepage as moons around Pure Planet.

When it’s time for you to submit a monthly meter reading, you’ll see the ‘send a meter reading’ moon on the homepage. Tapping on this takes you straight to the meter reading screen (so no more having to navigate through multiple menus).

When we don’t need a meter reading, you won’t see that moon at all! Instead, the app will show a moon with ‘Your usage’ and this will take you directly to your monthly energy usage.

Name:  Pure Planet app homescreen moons.JPG
Views: 713
Size:  38.9 KB

You’ll be happy to hear that the community gets its own moon on the homepage too. Love it!

Other moons include refer a friend and the Pure Planet blog.

Improvements for new Members who have just joined

For new Members who have just joined Pure Planet and confirmed their switch, the app will display a 17-day countdown to the date you come on supply.

Name:  Pure Planet app joining countdown 17 days.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  71.0 KB

When a new Member is five days away from coming in supply, a new ‘send a meter reading’ moon appears on the homepage for the first time.

What else can you do in the the new app?

The app update also makes a small change to the send a meter reading page.

Once you’ve sent your meter reading(s), you’ll see the big green tick as before.

But now, if you try and re-send them more than once in a day, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

Name:  Pure Planet app time to send a meter reading.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  94.2 KB

And if there's a problem with your account and we can't accept a meter reading, WattBot will pop up and will let you know what you need to do.

Changes to the app’s menu

The updated app also makes some small changes to the main menu.

Your account details are still the first item in the menu, right at the top. This contains all your personal information and marketing preferences. You can change your mobile number here, and add your household to the Priority Services Register.

Payments and Tariff - all your payment information. You can change the date that your monthly Direct Debit is taken. And new for this release, you can also update your bank details.

Send a Meter Reading - No change here

Usage - Here you can see snapshots of your past statements, view your usage in kWh and the cost in pounds. You can now compare your usage to the previous months with a new graph, and see your meter read history.

What’s coming next?

There’s no resting here. Our tech team are already working on more great things.
    In the next few weeks we’ll have new updates so you can:

View your balance in the app
    See your transaction history

And soon after that we’ll be adding the ability for Members to change their email address in the app.

And breathe….

I’ll be posting more info about those future improvements as soon as there’s more news, and for some of your thoughts before we make anything live.

Thanks again to Members who have been helping us out with great ideas and honest feedback.

• Hello all.
    This is a huge improvement,much more detail much more information. Fantastic job on the app.
  • Hello all.
    This is a huge improvement,much more detail much more information. Fantastic job on the app.
  • I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again....Pure Planet real are the best 👏👏👏👏👏👍. Often customers are asked for feedback, eg doctors surgeries, surveys for supermarkets, feedback to councils, etc, and what happens? 🤷*♀️. They ask for feedback. You give the feedback and complete surveys etc, and then they do absolutely zero. They say they’ve listened, but they rarely take any action.

So, PP asked for comments and feedback, they received this by members, and in a very swift timescale they put the work in and produced these fantastic results 👍👏

No, I’m seriously impressed. I don’t want it to sound in anyway sycophantic, I truly think there’s no other company like it. So so so genuine and truly caring about their customers. Cannot fault 👏👏👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again....Pure Planet real are the best 👏👏👏👏👏👍. Often customers are asked for feedback, eg doctors surgeries, surveys for supermarkets, feedback to councils, etc, and what happens? 🤷*♀️. They ask for feedback. You give the feedback and complete surveys etc, and then they do absolutely zero. They say they’ve listened, but they rarely take any action.

So, PP asked for comments and feedback, they received this by members, and in a very swift timescale they put the work in and produced these fantastic results 👍👏

No, I’m seriously impressed. I don’t want it to sound in anyway sycophantic, I truly think there’s no other company like it. So so so genuine and truly caring about their customers. Cannot fault 👏👏👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Forgot to say, that countdown idea for new members waiting to switch, is sooooo cool 👏👏👏👍👍👍. Really love that! Simple yet awesome! Well done to whoever thought of it 👏👏👏👍👍👍
    Last edited by Bev; 04-10-18 at 19:37. Reason: typo

WALT WHITMAN
  • Forgot to say, that countdown idea for new members waiting to switch, is sooooo cool 👏👏👏👍👍👍. Really love that! Simple yet awesome! Well done to whoever thought of it 👏👏👏👍👍👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • The ability to change the amount of your monthly payment would be very useful too...
  • The ability to change the amount of your monthly payment would be very useful too...
  • That’s there now Big Gay, it’s Menu, then Payments and Tariffs, then change payment 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • That’s there now Big Gay, it’s Menu, then Payments and Tariffs, then change payment 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Guys
    What a difference the app is even better and user friendly. It also so quick and simple to use well done Pure Planet 🙏
  • Hi Guys
    What a difference the app is even better and user friendly. It also so quick and simple to use well done Pure Planet 🙏
  • Excellent improvements team PP, well done!
  • Excellent improvements team PP, well done!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Biggayrich View Post
    The ability to change the amount of your monthly payment would be very useful too...
    Good shout @Biggayrich
    This is something a few other Members have asked for too
    We're working on adding this to the app. There will be a 'threshold' of how much Members can adjust their payments, to avoid anyone building up massive debt or credit.
    Thanks for the feedback on this

• Quote Originally Posted by Biggayrich View Post
    The ability to change the amount of your monthly payment would be very useful too...
    Good shout @Biggayrich
    This is something a few other Members have asked for too
    We're working on adding this to the app. There will be a 'threshold' of how much Members can adjust their payments, to avoid anyone building up massive debt or credit.
    Thanks for the feedback on this

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    That’s there now Big Gay, it’s Menu, then Payments and Tariffs, then change payment
    It's not there yet @Bev
    Members can now change payment date and also account details.
    Changing the payment about is coming. Not got a date yet but it's being worked on

That’s there now Big Gay, it’s Menu, then Payments and Tariffs, then change payment
    It's not there yet @Bev
    Members can now change payment date and also account details.
    Changing the payment about is coming. Not got a date yet but it's being worked on

• Fully agree - helps those who monthly budget, personally I'm happy to pay a fixed amount throughout the year
  • Fully agree - helps those who monthly budget, personally I'm happy to pay a fixed amount throughout the year
  • Congratulations! I joined, asked for historic meter readings, and hey presto, I've got them!! At first glance it looks like great improvements all round. Well done...
  • Congratulations! I joined, asked for historic meter readings, and hey presto, I've got them!! At first glance it looks like great improvements all round. Well done...
  • Just been looking at the new usage graphs as you do on a wet wet wet Saturday hibernating morning 😂👍☔️🦔, real good 👍👏, BUT it says due to send a meter reading (not, as only just sent one) and moons show correctly (ie Refer a friend rather than send a meter read), it’s just asking when I open the Usage moon. No bother, as I know it’s not due, but may confuse newer members like the old version did, so thought I’d mention it.
    Last edited by Bev; 06-10-18 at 10:38. Reason: typo

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just been looking at the new usage graphs as you do on a wet wet wet Saturday hibernating morning 😂👍☔️🦔, real good 👍👏, BUT it says due to send a meter reading (not, as only just sent one) and moons show correctly (ie Refer a friend rather than send a meter read), it’s just asking when I open the Usage moon. No bother, as I know it’s not due, but may confuse newer members like the old version did, so thought I’d mention it.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Many more features and much more info for the energy member. Good stuff!
  • Many more features and much more info for the energy member. Good stuff!
  • Having joined and given my first reading etc can I just say how impressed I am with this app. I’m notmally one of those people who likes the ‘human touch’ and went with PP for ecological reasons but you’ve converted me to the app! So clear and easy to use. Well done all!
  • Having joined and given my first reading etc can I just say how impressed I am with this app. I’m notmally one of those people who likes the ‘human touch’ and went with PP for ecological reasons but you’ve converted me to the app! So clear and easy to use. Well done all!
  • Welcome Nic! 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Welcome Nic! 👍👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hopefully soon we will be able to see out account and balance
  • Hopefully soon we will be able to see out account and balance
  • Yes Biggayrich - I would like to see that too.
  • Yes Biggayrich - I would like to see that too.
    Just been looking at the new usage graphs as you do on a wet wet wet Saturday hibernating morning, real good, BUT it says due to send a meter reading (not, as only just sent one) and moons show correctly (ie Refer a friend rather than send a meter read), it’s just asking when I open the Usage moon. No bother, as I know it’s not due, but may confuse newer members like the old version did, so thought I’d mention it.
    Hey @Bev
    Well spotted!
    Yep, you're right.
    We no longer have 'Send a meter reading' showing all the time on the app homepage or in the main menu (as you say, this option only appears when it's time to send one) but it has crept into the 'Usage' section.
    Our app team are aware @Georgie
    Heads-up to @MrSmart who I know spotted it too
    Thanks for letting us know

Just been looking at the new usage graphs as you do on a wet wet wet Saturday hibernating morning, real good, BUT it says due to send a meter reading (not, as only just sent one) and moons show correctly (ie Refer a friend rather than send a meter read), it’s just asking when I open the Usage moon. No bother, as I know it’s not due, but may confuse newer members like the old version did, so thought I’d mention it.
    Hey @Bev
    Well spotted!
    Yep, you're right.
    We no longer have 'Send a meter reading' showing all the time on the app homepage or in the main menu (as you say, this option only appears when it's time to send one) but it has crept into the 'Usage' section.
    Our app team are aware @Georgie
    Heads-up to @MrSmart who I know spotted it too
    Thanks for letting us know

• Quote Originally Posted by Natcall View Post
    Hopefully soon we will be able to see out account and balance
    Hi @Natcall

We hear you!
    Both of those are next on the list
    Is there anything else you'd like to see in the app?

• Quote Originally Posted by Natcall View Post
    Hopefully soon we will be able to see out account and balance
    Hi @Natcall

We hear you!
    Both of those are next on the list
    Is there anything else you'd like to see in the app?