• Referral link

Anyone else having difficulty obtaining referral link via Mobile app. I use a xaiomi browser and despite accepting cookies being turned on it won't work
  • Anyone else having difficulty obtaining referral link via Mobile app. I use a xaiomi browser and despite accepting cookies being turned on it won't work

• So you're saying the link isn't displaying in the app? I thought the app was browser independent?
    Or I don't understand the question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Alexander View Post
    Anyone else having difficulty obtaining referral link via Mobile app. I use a xaiomi browser and despite accepting cookies being turned on it won't work
  • So you're saying the link isn't displaying in the app? I thought the app was browser independent?
    Or I don't understand the question...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Alexander View Post

• Hi @Brian Alexander
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    In what way doesn't it work?
    If you tap on 'Refer a friend' on the app's homepage, it opens your referral code in an external browser

Have you got Chrome browser on your Android phone too? Maybe try opening it in that?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Brian Alexander
    Thanks for posting
    In what way doesn't it work?
    If you tap on 'Refer a friend' on the app's homepage, it opens your referral code in an external browser

Have you got Chrome browser on your Android phone too? Maybe try opening it in that?

• I want a referral code to send to my friends etc. When I click on the refer friends in the app I just keep getting a code for the person who reffered me. How do I get my own code?
  • I want a referral code to send to my friends etc. When I click on the refer friends in the app I just keep getting a code for the person who reffered me. How do I get my own code?

• Hi @horseyhorscroft
    Are you on supply with Pure Planet?
    You'll be able to start referring friends and family usually about a day after your switch date

• Hi @horseyhorscroft
    Are you on supply with Pure Planet?
    You'll be able to start referring friends and family usually about a day after your switch date

• Hi Marc, yes I am with pure planet for gas and leccy. My DD started on monday 8th october. When I press the link in the app for referral it only gives me a link to the person who recommended me? Regards, Bill
  • Hi Marc, yes I am with pure planet for gas and leccy. My DD started on monday 8th october. When I press the link in the app for referral it only gives me a link to the person who recommended me? Regards, Bill

• hi horsey
    Are you on the latest app version?
    And does it look like this?

Name:  rewards_ob_r.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  35.7 KB
    Last edited by woz; 11-10-18 at 13:11.
  • hi horsey
    Are you on the latest app version?
    And does it look like this?

Name:  rewards_ob_r.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  35.7 KB

• Yes I do have the latest app version. I have just checked the referral link again and I am still getting a link to the person who i received the referral from and not my own?
  • Yes I do have the latest app version. I have just checked the referral link again and I am still getting a link to the person who i received the referral from and not my own?

• Bill, Is it possible that your own link is very similar? (notwitstanding that the last character of the referral code changes depending on the route taken by the referral (email, twitter etc.)

If not that then there must be a bug at the server end.
    Head off to help in the app, type message the team" and ask them to check it out for you. It takes a couple of days to get a reply.
  • Bill, Is it possible that your own link is very similar? (notwitstanding that the last character of the referral code changes depending on the route taken by the referral (email, twitter etc.)

If not that then there must be a bug at the server end.
    Head off to help in the app, type message the team" and ask them to check it out for you. It takes a couple of days to get a reply.

• Quote Originally Posted by horseyhorscroft View Post
    Yes I do have the latest app version. I have just checked the referral link again and I am still getting a link to the person who i received the referral from and not my own?
    Hi @horseyhorscroft
    When you tap on 'Refer friends get £25' in the app's homescreen it opens a web browser.
    So if you're seeing an old referral link there, I think this is a cache issue.
    Can you either delete your phone's browser cookies/history or open the page in private browsing.
    If my theory is right it should then show you your unique sharing code.
    Let me know if it works?

Yes I do have the latest app version. I have just checked the referral link again and I am still getting a link to the person who i received the referral from and not my own?
    Hi @horseyhorscroft
    When you tap on 'Refer friends get £25' in the app's homescreen it opens a web browser.
    So if you're seeing an old referral link there, I think this is a cache issue.
    Can you either delete your phone's browser cookies/history or open the page in private browsing.
    If my theory is right it should then show you your unique sharing code.
    Let me know if it works?

• Just had the same problem myself. Opening my link too showed my referrers name, but doing so in incognito view showed my own.
  • Just had the same problem myself. Opening my link too showed my referrers name, but doing so in incognito view showed my own.

• I think I finally twigged what was going on after replying to Vijay in other thread.
    Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, It's not that the actual unique link in the app is someone elses - that's what threw me, it's where it appears to point to on the same computer (or same device?) that's misleading, because it appears to point to the original referrer.
    This is a caching bug in the process.

The referral link is correct in the app, you can safely use it to refer and it will link back to you.
    The way to check it is to send it to another device or friend and it will show the correct referrer's details.

post in progress...
    Last edited by woz; 17-10-18 at 12:36.
  • I think I finally twigged what was going on after replying to Vijay in other thread.
    Please correct me if you think I'm wrong, It's not that the actual unique link in the app is someone elses - that's what threw me, it's where it appears to point to on the same computer (or same device?) that's misleading, because it appears to point to the original referrer.
    This is a caching bug in the process.

The referral link is correct in the app, you can safely use it to refer and it will link back to you.
    The way to check it is to send it to another device or friend and it will show the correct referrer's details.

post in progress...

• Hi Marc, no clearing the cache did not work. I even rebooted the phone after but alas I am still getting the old referral link. I have even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it!
  • Hi Marc, no clearing the cache did not work. I even rebooted the phone after but alas I am still getting the old referral link. I have even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it!

Hi Marc, no clearing the cache did not work. I even rebooted the phone after but alas I am still getting the old referral link. I have even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it!
    Hi @horseyhorscroft
    Did you try opening in a private browser window?
    That worked for @VijayB in this thread

Hi Marc, no clearing the cache did not work. I even rebooted the phone after but alas I am still getting the old referral link. I have even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it!
    Hi @horseyhorscroft
    Did you try opening in a private browser window?
    That worked for @VijayB in this thread

• Marc, I have just deleted the app, cleared the cache again, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and I am still getting the old referral code.

In answer to your question above. How do I get the app to open a referral code in a private browser? Bill
  • Marc, I have just deleted the app, cleared the cache again, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and I am still getting the old referral code.

In answer to your question above. How do I get the app to open a referral code in a private browser? Bill

If you are using Chrome, highlight your referral URL and select copy. Then, if you click on the 3 vertical dots you can see on the top right of your scree, you will get a drop down and the third option is 'open incognito window'.

This will open up a new window, simply paste in your referral URL there and it should come up with your own page.

V.
    If you are using Chrome, highlight your referral URL and select copy. Then, if you click on the 3 vertical dots you can see on the top right of your scree, you will get a drop down and the third option is 'open incognito window'.

This will open up a new window, simply paste in your referral URL there and it should come up with your own page.

V.

• Hi VijayB, thanks for your reply. I use the referral code that originates from the pure planet app. I have copied/pasted this into chrome (incognito) as you say but still get the same results. IE wrong referral code. I am either doing something very wrong (unusual for me with computers!) or just missing something simple somewhere!!? Regards, Bill
  • Hi VijayB, thanks for your reply. I use the referral code that originates from the pure planet app. I have copied/pasted this into chrome (incognito) as you say but still get the same results. IE wrong referral code. I am either doing something very wrong (unusual for me with computers!) or just missing something simple somewhere!!? Regards, Bill

• That is strange, I just tried it again on mine, and via normal chrome/ie, I get the page I used to sign up, but in incognito mode, I get mine. Same result if I use Edge InPrivate Window.

Tried looking at the source and the both names look hardcoded, so is being picked up earlier in the script, but that is the limit of my knowledge
  • That is strange, I just tried it again on mine, and via normal chrome/ie, I get the page I used to sign up, but in incognito mode, I get mine. Same result if I use Edge InPrivate Window.

Tried looking at the source and the both names look hardcoded, so is being picked up earlier in the script, but that is the limit of my knowledge

• I have now installed the pureplanet app on my wifes phone and still get the same result, iE wrong referral code. I live in a block of 90 flats and when I can get my own referral code I will post it on the flat/s website page. So someone from pureplanet needs to sort this problem out one way or another. Who ever created the app should know how to over come my problem surely??
  • I have now installed the pureplanet app on my wifes phone and still get the same result, iE wrong referral code. I live in a block of 90 flats and when I can get my own referral code I will post it on the flat/s website page. So someone from pureplanet needs to sort this problem out one way or another. Who ever created the app should know how to over come my problem surely??

• I have just googled this referral problem that I have and came across a post(er) on PP that said they received their referral code via email. After checking all my incoming PP emails it would seem that I did not receive an email with my referral code. Could someone at PP please email me my code direct? Thanks in advance, Bill
  • I have just googled this referral problem that I have and came across a post(er) on PP that said they received their referral code via email. After checking all my incoming PP emails it would seem that I did not receive an email with my referral code. Could someone at PP please email me my code direct? Thanks in advance, Bill