• No-show engineer!!

Any advice or experience with a broken meter? We realised whilst with our old provider that the electricity meter isn’t ticking over and arranged with PP for an engineer to come fix this, typically it was a no show and I’m eagerly awaiting an explanation from the team and a new appointment.

I’m presuming PP will continue with collecting Direct debits or will estimate our usage? I’ll be honest not a good start as we only switched this month and frustrating only contact is via a messaging service..

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Any advice or experience with a broken meter? We realised whilst with our old provider that the electricity meter isn’t ticking over and arranged with PP for an engineer to come fix this, typically it was a no show and I’m eagerly awaiting an explanation from the team and a new appointment.

I’m presuming PP will continue with collecting Direct debits or will estimate our usage? I’ll be honest not a good start as we only switched this month and frustrating only contact is via a messaging service..

Thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenw View Post
    Any advice or experience with a broken meter? We realised whilst with our old provider that the electricity meter isn’t ticking over and arranged with PP for an engineer to come fix this, typically it was a no show and I’m eagerly awaiting an explanation from the team and a new appointment.

Thanks
    Hi @Laurenw
    Welcome to the community!
    Apologies that the engineer did not show.
    Our Member services team will be in touch today to arrange a new appointment.
    It will get sorted. Sorry for the hassle.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Laurenw View Post

Thanks
    Hi @Laurenw
    Welcome to the community!
    Apologies that the engineer did not show.
    Our Member services team will be in touch today to arrange a new appointment.
    It will get sorted. Sorry for the hassle.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Lauren
    Unless I've misunderstood you're saying the meter was 'broken' before you switched to PP? So how did you submit meaningful readings?
    Is it an old fashioned meter or one with an electronic display, or a smart meter? Im asking because it may still be measuring but not displaying the result.
    If you go to HELP in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and submit your question someone will get back to you hopefully to arrange another appointment. Ask for the engineer dept. contact details if you can get them.
    ...no panic then, just sit back and boil the kettle (maybe for free) and have a cuppa..

Thanks
    Last edited by woz; 28-09-18 at 12:46.
  • Hi Lauren
    Unless I've misunderstood you're saying the meter was 'broken' before you switched to PP? So how did you submit meaningful readings?
    Is it an old fashioned meter or one with an electronic display, or a smart meter? Im asking because it may still be measuring but not displaying the result.
    If you go to HELP in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and submit your question someone will get back to you hopefully to arrange another appointment. Ask for the engineer dept. contact details if you can get them.
    ...no panic then, just sit back and boil the kettle (maybe for free) and have a cuppa..

Thanks

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hi Lauren

Hi, the meter is the old style that ticks over digits. I made PP aware before we switched that it wasn’t ticking over and they agreed to send out an engineer who didn’t turn up on Wednesday. I understand it takes a few days to respond but surely in this circumstance they should have a number to call, or at least call me if they were aware the engineer wouldn’t turn up? Another half day off work I’d expect I’d have to take, let’s hope they turn up next time!
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hi Lauren

Hi, the meter is the old style that ticks over digits. I made PP aware before we switched that it wasn’t ticking over and they agreed to send out an engineer who didn’t turn up on Wednesday. I understand it takes a few days to respond but surely in this circumstance they should have a number to call, or at least call me if they were aware the engineer wouldn’t turn up? Another half day off work I’d expect I’d have to take, let’s hope they turn up next time!

• hi Lauren
    ha- I'll swap you, a meter that doesn't move- perfect!
    It's very unusual for them to fail, they last forever ...they don't make them like that any more...
    Hope you get it sorted.
    Last edited by woz; 29-09-18 at 13:15.
  • hi Lauren
    ha- I'll swap you, a meter that doesn't move- perfect!
    It's very unusual for them to fail, they last forever ...they don't make them like that any more...
    Hope you get it sorted.

• I have a similar problem. Did they fix your meter? Mine is an old fashioned one with numbers that tick over. They haven't changed at all this month. No response yet via the wotbot. I don't want to be estimated for my August usage (when our house was empty) using my october reading where I have been running electric under floor heating (expensive!)
  • I have a similar problem. Did they fix your meter? Mine is an old fashioned one with numbers that tick over. They haven't changed at all this month. No response yet via the wotbot. I don't want to be estimated for my August usage (when our house was empty) using my october reading where I have been running electric under floor heating (expensive!)

• hi Louby
    did you type "message the team" ? it can take a couple of days for a reply. It will get sorted.
    Now I wish I hadn't made that comment about them being so reliable!
    Your DD won't change, and how can you be charged for units that aren't metered. they would have to prove that you used the units?

more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Louby View Post
    I have a similar problem. Did they fix your meter? Mine is an old fashioned one with numbers that tick over. They haven't changed at all this month. No response yet via the wotbot. I don't want to be estimated for my August usage (when our house was empty) using my october reading where I have been running electric under floor heating (expensive!)
    Last edited by woz; 02-10-18 at 16:06. Reason: linkypoo
  • hi Louby
    did you type "message the team" ? it can take a couple of days for a reply. It will get sorted.
    Now I wish I hadn't made that comment about them being so reliable!
    Your DD won't change, and how can you be charged for units that aren't metered. they would have to prove that you used the units?

more info
    Quote Originally Posted by Louby View Post
    I have a similar problem. Did they fix your meter? Mine is an old fashioned one with numbers that tick over. They haven't changed at all this month. No response yet via the wotbot. I don't want to be estimated for my August usage (when our house was empty) using my october reading where I have been running electric under floor heating (expensive!)