• Door width

I am disabled and use a Milford person lift, a brilliant device. But I need a vehicle with a fairly wide door opening such as my 3 door Audi. Are there any 3 door EV'z? If not how wide is your front door?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I am disabled and use a Milford person lift, a brilliant device. But I need a vehicle with a fairly wide door opening such as my 3 door Audi. Are there any 3 door EV'z? If not how wide is your front door?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @PeterSeaman, there are no 3 Door EVs out now or any coming. I have a Tesla Model X, rear entry is great through the Falcon Wing doors, however the front doors are conventional, though large (as is the car). For you though I would take a look at the BMWi3, it is 4 door, but the rears are suicide making probably the biggest opening of any EV.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • Hi @PeterSeaman, there are no 3 Door EVs out now or any coming. I have a Tesla Model X, rear entry is great through the Falcon Wing doors, however the front doors are conventional, though large (as is the car). For you though I would take a look at the BMWi3, it is 4 door, but the rears are suicide making probably the biggest opening of any EV.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Hi @PeterSeaman Good question. I've had a search online and can't find any 3-door EVs currently being sold.
    There is a 3-door Mini EV coming soon, but that might not be wide enough.
    I've got a Leaf 2018 coming in November. So I can't measure how wide it goes just yet.
    Perhaps other community members @Brunel @Sallyent @Buchlyviebill will have some tips
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @PeterSeaman Good question. I've had a search online and can't find any 3-door EVs currently being sold.
    There is a 3-door Mini EV coming soon, but that might not be wide enough.
    I've got a Leaf 2018 coming in November. So I can't measure how wide it goes just yet.
    Perhaps other community members @Brunel @Sallyent @Buchlyviebill will have some tips

• hi Peter
    Make a wish...I'd love to see the classic Mercedes 300SL gullwing door coupe electrified.
    The Tesla X only has gullwing (they call them falcon) doors at the rear, one of the advantages quoted is that it can park in tight spaces, but they don't mention that the driver can't get out!
    Name:  300sl.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  51.1 KB
    Last edited by woz; 22-09-18 at 20:42.
  • hi Peter
    Make a wish...I'd love to see the classic Mercedes 300SL gullwing door coupe electrified.
    The Tesla X only has gullwing (they call them falcon) doors at the rear, one of the advantages quoted is that it can park in tight spaces, but they don't mention that the driver can't get out!
    Name:  300sl.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  51.1 KB

• Hi @PeterSeaman I can't tell you exactly how wide my Renault Zoe door is at the mo, but I'm about 99.99% sure it wouldn't do the job for you unfortunately. It's a quite angular shape apart from anything else so I imagine the logistics would be a bit tricky.
    I don't know if it's the same for all EVs but the zoe stores its battery down with the chassis, so everything inside the car is raised up, so the other thing that occurs to me is how much higher up it is than other cars you may be used to.

I love my little Zoe so much but it pains me to say I think it probably isn't ideal design wise for your needs. 😞
  • Hi @PeterSeaman I can't tell you exactly how wide my Renault Zoe door is at the mo, but I'm about 99.99% sure it wouldn't do the job for you unfortunately. It's a quite angular shape apart from anything else so I imagine the logistics would be a bit tricky.
    I don't know if it's the same for all EVs but the zoe stores its battery down with the chassis, so everything inside the car is raised up, so the other thing that occurs to me is how much higher up it is than other cars you may be used to.

I love my little Zoe so much but it pains me to say I think it probably isn't ideal design wise for your needs. 😞

• Good shout @UncleScooby
    Does that look like it might work @PeterSeaman ?

• Good shout @UncleScooby
    Does that look like it might work @PeterSeaman ?