• Quote Originally Posted by Kniterella View Post
    Are you gonna try driving abroad? What if France or other countries don’t have an electric port thingy? I hope you will be very happy with your new car, yep EV are the best thing out, next new invention, flying cars in the air by levitating, like in SciFi film.

Beam me up Scottie!!!
    Hi @Kniterella
    Good shout. I'm not going abroad in it, as I've only got the Leaf for a week
    I imagine it would take a lot of planning. Pretty sure @Brunel has just come back from a trip around Europe in his Tesla. Here's his post
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Kniterella View Post
    Are you gonna try driving abroad? What if France or other countries don’t have an electric port thingy? I hope you will be very happy with your new car, yep EV are the best thing out, next new invention, flying cars in the air by levitating, like in SciFi film.

Beam me up Scottie!!!
    Hi @Kniterella
    Good shout. I'm not going abroad in it, as I've only got the Leaf for a week
    I imagine it would take a lot of planning. Pretty sure @Brunel has just come back from a trip around Europe in his Tesla. Here's his post

• Whilst many EVs could tow the only one that has type approval is the Tesla Model X AFAIK. The Tesla Model 3 should also have it when it comes over here and I think the Jaguar i-pace is supposed to have it.

The EV bug is trickling through my family now - I have the Leaf & Model S, my Dad has the 30kWh Leaf and my sister has just put a deposit down for the Leaf40.

When charging on 3-pin plug then it really should be safe from a wall-socket...the EVSE (fat clever bit of the cable) constantly checks earth and current plus usually only allows 10 amp as a steady rate. The wall socket should also be well-protected by the RCD in the consumer unit...it is just wound-up skinny extension cables that can melt before the other things have triggered. The 7 kW wall-chargers are basically static EVSEs doing all the clever safety stuff.
  • Whilst many EVs could tow the only one that has type approval is the Tesla Model X AFAIK. The Tesla Model 3 should also have it when it comes over here and I think the Jaguar i-pace is supposed to have it.

The EV bug is trickling through my family now - I have the Leaf & Model S, my Dad has the 30kWh Leaf and my sister has just put a deposit down for the Leaf40.

When charging on 3-pin plug then it really should be safe from a wall-socket...the EVSE (fat clever bit of the cable) constantly checks earth and current plus usually only allows 10 amp as a steady rate. The wall socket should also be well-protected by the RCD in the consumer unit...it is just wound-up skinny extension cables that can melt before the other things have triggered. The 7 kW wall-chargers are basically static EVSEs doing all the clever safety stuff.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
    Nice! We've crunched the numbers on how much it costs Pure Planet members to charge a Leaf for a year. If you do 12k miles it will cost £468.
    That makes us cheaper than other energy suppliers with "special" EV charging tariffs - full breakdown on our blog here
    And it is also what I currently spend every six weeks or so for petrol.....
    So my final post in testing the Leaf is whether I will get one.
    I think you know the answer!

• Quote Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
    Nice! We've crunched the numbers on how much it costs Pure Planet members to charge a Leaf for a year. If you do 12k miles it will cost £468.
    That makes us cheaper than other energy suppliers with "special" EV charging tariffs - full breakdown on our blog here
    And it is also what I currently spend every six weeks or so for petrol.....
    So my final post in testing the Leaf is whether I will get one.
    I think you know the answer!