• Choosing your user name for the community.

As this is a publicly readable forum, when choosing your user name in my opinion it's advisable not to use your actual name, or a name which makes it easy to identify you personally.

Of course in the end it's down to personal choice.

(I may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get me....)
  • As this is a publicly readable forum, when choosing your user name in my opinion it's advisable not to use your actual name, or a name which makes it easy to identify you personally.

• I think it’s ok re first names, but deffo not full names, and certainly not addresses or holiday details IMO, astounds me how many people do that!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • I think it’s ok re first names, but deffo not full names, and certainly not addresses or holiday details IMO, astounds me how many people do that!

WALT WHITMAN
  • My names not jon....honest...
  • My names not jon....honest...
  • What about a photo @woz ?!
    Members don't have to use one, of course. But they're good fun and make the place more colourful

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    As this is a publicly readable forum, when choosing your user name in my opinion it's advisable not to use your actual name, or a name which makes it easy to identify you personally.

Community Manager - Pure Planet

• What about a photo @woz ?!
    Members don't have to use one, of course. But they're good fun and make the place more colourful

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    I think it’s ok re first names, but deffo not full names, and certainly not addresses or holiday details IMO, astounds me how many people do that!
    Thank you for your message, I will be out of the country with my family for the next two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    What about a photo @woz ?!
    Colourful I can do, aesthetically pleasing however is more of a challenge.
    I think it’s ok re first names, but deffo not full names, and certainly not addresses or holiday details IMO, astounds me how many people do that!
    Thank you for your message, I will be out of the country with my family for the next two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    What about a photo @woz ?!
    Colourful I can do, aesthetically pleasing however is more of a challenge.
  • I think full/real names are useful only in professional communities (university forums for instance) but for this type of community I'd always use an alias - just in case I want to throw they toys out of the pram and don't want you to know who I really am :P
  • I think full/real names are useful only in professional communities (university forums for instance) but for this type of community I'd always use an alias - just in case I want to throw they toys out of the pram and don't want you to know who I really am :P
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    I think full/real names are useful only in professional communities (university forums for instance) but for this type of community I'd always use an alias - just in case I want to throw they toys out of the pram and don't want you to know who I really am :P
    I agree @Gabolino
    Not about throwing toys around.... but ability to choose real (ish) names or totally made-up ones, so that Members feel comfortable being open/honest about whatever they want to chat about.

Can you guys guess my real name?!

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    I think full/real names are useful only in professional communities (university forums for instance) but for this type of community I'd always use an alias - just in case I want to throw they toys out of the pram and don't want you to know who I really am :P
    I agree @Gabolino
    Not about throwing toys around.... but ability to choose real (ish) names or totally made-up ones, so that Members feel comfortable being open/honest about whatever they want to chat about.

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I agree @Gabolino

Marcus ?
    I agree @Gabolino

Marcus ?
  • Marcel?
    give us a clue, what does your wife call call you when she's annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Marcus ?
    Last edited by woz; 12-01-19 at 02:33.
  • Marcel?
    give us a clue, what does your wife call call you when she's annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Marcus ?
  • 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • I'm undercover working for the Gremlin so it's a must
  • I'm undercover working for the Gremlin so it's a must
  • I made a typo when I was creating my user name on this forum! I can't seem to see a way to alter it... is it possible to change my user name? Or should I just re-register? I don't even know if that's possible either...
  • I made a typo when I was creating my user name on this forum! I can't seem to see a way to alter it... is it possible to change my user name? Or should I just re-register? I don't even know if that's possible either...
  • hi jvevtor (for the moment)
    I'm editing this post because I'm led to believe by someone else that it could be made clearer (I agree it could have been)
    ​There is no way for you to alter your community user name but it's easily rectified by the PP staff ,click on little envelope top right I forgot to add that if using the app on a phone the little envelope top right is not visible in portrait mode, only in landscape. (as are several other things like "latest posts" etc.
    ​Don't re-register you won't be able to using the same email address anyway and it'll cause you all sorts of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jvevtor View Post
    I made a typo when I was creating my user name on this forum! I can't seem to see a way to alter it... is it possible to change my user name? Or should I just re-register? I don't even know if that's possible either...
    Last edited by woz; 08-08-19 at 00:28. Reason: clarification
  • hi jvevtor (for the moment)
    I'm editing this post because I'm led to believe by someone else that it could be made clearer (I agree it could have been)
    ​There is no way for you to alter your community user name but it's easily rectified by the PP staff ,click on little envelope top right I forgot to add that if using the app on a phone the little envelope top right is not visible in portrait mode, only in landscape. (as are several other things like "latest posts" etc.
    ​Don't re-register you won't be able to using the same email address anyway and it'll cause you all sorts of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jvevtor View Post
    I made a typo when I was creating my user name on this forum! I can't seem to see a way to alter it... is it possible to change my user name? Or should I just re-register? I don't even know if that's possible either...
  • Quote Originally Posted by jvevtor View Post
    Good morning @jvevtor
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    If you want you can send me a DM and let me know what you'd like your username to be, I'll change it for you (as long as it's not already taken, of course).

• Quote Originally Posted by jvevtor View Post
    Good morning @jvevtor
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    If you want you can send me a DM and let me know what you'd like your username to be, I'll change it for you (as long as it's not already taken, of course).

• It’d be funny if we all changed our user names for one day, hypothetically of course, would never be possible in reality, so no one knew who was posting what 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • It’d be funny if we all changed our user names for one day, hypothetically of course, would never be possible in reality, so no one knew who was posting what 😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
    It’d be funny if we all changed our user names for one day, hypothetically of course, would never be possible in reality, so no one knew who was posting what
    Now there's an idea @Bev
    That would be.... interesting. Who would you like to be?

It’d be funny if we all changed our user names for one day, hypothetically of course, would never be possible in reality, so no one knew who was posting what
    Now there's an idea @Bev

Now there's an idea @Bev
    Careful Marc,you could be opening the floodgates for extra work
    Now there's an idea @Bev
  • Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    It was definitely a hypothetical question @Duppy

• Quote Originally Posted by Duppy View Post
    It was definitely a hypothetical question @Duppy

• And rhetorical, as to not to open those floodgates indeed!

WALT WHITMAN
  • And rhetorical, as to not to open those floodgates indeed!

WALT WHITMAN