• Add Pure Planet Community short cut to your mobile

Hola Pure Planet Community!

I hope you guys are having a great summer day. I thought I'd post a mini guide (something very basic) which may be useful for some of you.

Often times when Im roaming around I need to access the community quickly, without having to go through the App, so I found a very easy method to add a community short cut next to my Pure Planet App.

It's easy stuff, even someone like me can get it right

"HOW TO ADD A COMMUNITY SHORTCUT TO YOUR PHONE SCREEN"

1) Simple visit the community url on chrome: community.purepla.net. Once on the site click on the browser's menu (top right). Then click on "Add to Home Screen".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142248__01 (1).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	991

2) A window will appear where you can type the title of the new icon for the community.

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142342 (1).jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	993

3) Automatically a new shortcut icon will be created - I put mine next to the Pure Planet App for convenience

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142202__01.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	995

Et voilà. I now have a Pure Planet Community shortcut right next to the main App.

It's just a direct link to the community, but this way I don't even need to open chrome, I can land here with just one click

Hope it's helpful and sorry for the basic DIY instructions!
  • Hola Pure Planet Community!

I hope you guys are having a great summer day. I thought I'd post a mini guide (something very basic) which may be useful for some of you.

Often times when Im roaming around I need to access the community quickly, without having to go through the App, so I found a very easy method to add a community short cut next to my Pure Planet App.

It's easy stuff, even someone like me can get it right

"HOW TO ADD A COMMUNITY SHORTCUT TO YOUR PHONE SCREEN"

1) Simple visit the community url on chrome: community.purepla.net. Once on the site click on the browser's menu (top right). Then click on "Add to Home Screen".

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142248__01 (1).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	991

2) A window will appear where you can type the title of the new icon for the community.

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142342 (1).jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	337.4 KB 
ID:	993

3) Automatically a new shortcut icon will be created - I put mine next to the Pure Planet App for convenience

Name:	Screenshot_20180709-142202__01.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	160.2 KB 
ID:	995

Et voilà. I now have a Pure Planet Community shortcut right next to the main App.

It's just a direct link to the community, but this way I don't even need to open chrome, I can land here with just one click

Hope it's helpful and sorry for the basic DIY instructions!
  • Thanks @Gabolino this is great, really useful!

For iPhone users out there, I had a bit of difficulty opening the community in Safari when using the Gmail app to verify my account, as the security check kept sending me back to the app instead of Safari.
    But using the default Apple 'Mail' app was fine
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks @Gabolino this is great, really useful!

For iPhone users out there, I had a bit of difficulty opening the community in Safari when using the Gmail app to verify my account, as the security check kept sending me back to the app instead of Safari.
    But using the default Apple 'Mail' app was fine

• Glad it's useful. I wonder if I should state (Android Only) in the tittle, what do you think?

Chrome + Gmail works well for community login via browser, I'm not sure about other browsers though.
  • Glad it's useful. I wonder if I should state (Android Only) in the tittle, what do you think?

Chrome + Gmail works well for community login via browser, I'm not sure about other browsers though.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Glad it's useful. I wonder if I should state (Android Only) in the tittle, what do you think?
    I see what you mean, but I don't think it's necessary, as it does work on iPhone, it's just a little bit fiddly. And most iPhone users will be using the default email app anyway, it won't be an issue.
    Does that make sense?!

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Glad it's useful. I wonder if I should state (Android Only) in the tittle, what do you think?
    I see what you mean, but I don't think it's necessary, as it does work on iPhone, it's just a little bit fiddly. And most iPhone users will be using the default email app anyway, it won't be an issue.
    Does that make sense?!

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Does that make sense?!
    Yes, I underestimated the "log in via browser" step, but it feels king of straightforward on my Android phone. Apple always making things complicated
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Does that make sense?!
    Yes, I underestimated the "log in via browser" step, but it feels king of straightforward on my Android phone. Apple always making things complicated
  • Good tip for Androids (or should that be Androiders?)
    Marc it works fine on iphone/gmail too. (Notwithstanding that the app stays logged in so community is only a click away anyway)

Apple - Think different, sod grammar.
  • Good tip for Androids (or should that be Androiders?)
    Marc it works fine on iphone/gmail too. (Notwithstanding that the app stays logged in so community is only a click away anyway)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

• Did you spill some red paint on your phone @Gabolino.
    Good tip for easy acess.
  • Did you spill some red paint on your phone @Gabolino.
    Good tip for easy acess.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Did you spill some red paint on your phone @Gabolino.
    Good tip for easy acess.
    Haha! My photoshop skills, at best!

Thing is, you would be able to see all my other service providers, didn't want to advertise anyone for free. I could remove the paint for a generous fee
  • Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Did you spill some red paint on your phone @Gabolino.
    Good tip for easy acess.
    Haha! My photoshop skills, at best!

Thing is, you would be able to see all my other service providers, didn't want to advertise anyone for free. I could remove the paint for a generous fee
  • If it helps, on my iOS device I entered this link into Safari;

https://community.purepla.net

Then I "Add to Home Screen"

Press this new icon now on the Home Screen

Press on the login / symbol of head and shoulders, this triggers the email verification loop (but need to be using the default mail app as @Marc mentions above).

Now, every time I press on the new icon created above it goes straight to the community, logged in,
  • If it helps, on my iOS device I entered this link into Safari;

https://community.purepla.net

Then I "Add to Home Screen"

Press this new icon now on the Home Screen

Press on the login / symbol of head and shoulders, this triggers the email verification loop (but need to be using the default mail app as @Marc mentions above).

Now, every time I press on the new icon created above it goes straight to the community, logged in,