• @Marc. It would be great if the app used the Android notification system so that reminders for meter readings etc. appeared in the notification area at the top of the phone. I have an app which replicates the Apple badge icons on Android which makes it even clearer that some action needs to be taken. Thanks!
  • @Marc. It would be great if the app used the Android notification system so that reminders for meter readings etc. appeared in the notification area at the top of the phone. I have an app which replicates the Apple badge icons on Android which makes it even clearer that some action needs to be taken. Thanks!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    @Marc. It would be great if the app used the Android notification system so that reminders for meter readings etc. appeared in the notification area at the top of the phone. I have an app which replicates the Apple badge icons on Android which makes it even clearer that some action needs to be taken. Thanks!
    Good morning @Lenny
    Yes, double yes!
    App notifications are on the roadmap, for iOS as well as Android.
    It makes perfect sense for an app-only energy provider doesn't it?
    Nice one for posting this - it's a reminder that we need to get this done
    Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    @Marc. It would be great if the app used the Android notification system so that reminders for meter readings etc. appeared in the notification area at the top of the phone. I have an app which replicates the Apple badge icons on Android which makes it even clearer that some action needs to be taken. Thanks!
    Good morning @Lenny
    Yes, double yes!
    App notifications are on the roadmap, for iOS as well as Android.
    It makes perfect sense for an app-only energy provider doesn't it?
    Nice one for posting this - it's a reminder that we need to get this done
  • I’ve just done my weekly meter reads; I had to go through the menus to get to submit them. Surely, submitting meter readings is THE most frequently-used function & so should always be on the home screen, and in the same place on it.
  • I’ve just done my weekly meter reads; I had to go through the menus to get to submit them. Surely, submitting meter readings is THE most frequently-used function & so should always be on the home screen, and in the same place on it.
  • Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    I’ve just done my weekly meter reads; I had to go through the menus to get to submit them. Surely, submitting meter readings is THE most frequently-used function & so should always be on the home screen, and in the same place on it.
    Hi @NickP
    Welcome to the community!
    Love the enthusiastic sending of meter readings.
    We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly. And when it's time to send them, the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears on your app's homepage

I’ve just done my weekly meter reads; I had to go through the menus to get to submit them. Surely, submitting meter readings is THE most frequently-used function & so should always be on the home screen, and in the same place on it.
    Hi @NickP
    Welcome to the community!
    Love the enthusiastic sending of meter readings.
    We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly. And when it's time to send them, the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears on your app's homepage
  • > We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly.
    I know.
    > And when it's time to send them, the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears on your app's homepage
    I know.

I choose to read my meters weekly &, as part of the process, I submit readings to PP (are you saying I shouldn't?)
    I expect a consistent experience from software and changes in the UI that I've not chosen are an annoyance. I don't want excitement from my utility-provider's app! I just want it to be predictable. I go karting when I want excitment...
  • > We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly.
    I know.
    > And when it's time to send them, the 'Send a meter reading' moon appears on your app's homepage
    I know.

I choose to read my meters weekly &, as part of the process, I submit readings to PP (are you saying I shouldn't?)
    I expect a consistent experience from software and changes in the UI that I've not chosen are an annoyance. I don't want excitement from my utility-provider's app! I just want it to be predictable. I go karting when I want excitment...
    > We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly.
    I know.
    I know.

That's great @NickP
    No I am mos def not saying you shouldn't send them weekly. If you're happy doing that, that's fantastic!
    I hear what you're saying about meter readings. Having them on the homepage of the app all the time used to be a feature of the app in a previous iteration - unfortunately it confused many Members who believed they were being constantly told to submit a reading, and so they got worried that their previous reading hadn't been submitted properly.

> We ask for them monthly, rather than weekly.
    I know.
    I know.

That's great @NickP
    No I am mos def not saying you shouldn't send them weekly. If you're happy doing that, that's fantastic!
    I hear what you're saying about meter readings. Having them on the homepage of the app all the time used to be a feature of the app in a previous iteration - unfortunately it confused many Members who believed they were being constantly told to submit a reading, and so they got worried that their previous reading hadn't been submitted properly.
  • This is the log in screen for the MY BT app I referenced earlier. Pop your four digit PIN in then get a green ✅ and you’re logged in immediately. It’s soooo simple and a great user friendly app once you’re in too 👍👏

Name:  5E41BC79-6FAF-4B62-B956-D63EE290E156.png
Views: 19
Size:  72.7 KB
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• This is the log in screen for the MY BT app I referenced earlier. Pop your four digit PIN in then get a green ✅ and you’re logged in immediately. It’s soooo simple and a great user friendly app once you’re in too 👍👏

Name:  5E41BC79-6FAF-4B62-B956-D63EE290E156.png
Views: 19
Size:  72.7 KB
  • Beverley!!

Sorry @Bev that made me laugh.....

• Beverley!!

Sorry @Bev that made me laugh.....
  • You bugger Marc! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Mum used to call it me in full if I was really naughty as a child 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Glad it made you larf! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• You bugger Marc! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Mum used to call it me in full if I was really naughty as a child 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Glad it made you larf! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂