• New Pure Planet app designs for homepage and menu - your feedback wanted

Here are some early ideas for a re-design of the Pure Planet app.

The first mock-up below shows what happens when a Member is in a different stage of their monthly cycle.

When it's time to submit a meter reading, the 'Send a meter reading' button appears in the bottom right of the app's homepage.

Name:  Pure Planet app different stages.JPG
Views: 651
Size:  71.3 KB

This second mock-up shows the menu for logged in Members:

Name:  Pure Planet app logged in menu.JPG
Views: 999
Size:  59.1 KB

There's another thread which shows plans for the how to change your Direct Debit details in the app. And here's another which shows a new logged out screen which we think is much clearer.

What do you think so far? Commuinity feedback is really helpful to us

Last edited by Marc; 09-07-18 at 14:59. Reason: Add more mock-ups
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Here are some early ideas for a re-design of the Pure Planet app.

The first mock-up below shows what happens when a Member is in a different stage of their monthly cycle.

When it's time to submit a meter reading, the 'Send a meter reading' button appears in the bottom right of the app's homepage.

Name:  Pure Planet app different stages.JPG
Views: 651
Size:  71.3 KB

This second mock-up shows the menu for logged in Members:

Name:  Pure Planet app logged in menu.JPG
Views: 999
Size:  59.1 KB

There's another thread which shows plans for the how to change your Direct Debit details in the app. And here's another which shows a new logged out screen which we think is much clearer.

What do you think so far? Commuinity feedback is really helpful to us

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Too cluttered Marc, prefer it as it currently is. Sorry. Too much, a little too busy. Just IMO like
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Too cluttered Marc, prefer it as it currently is. Sorry. Too much, a little too busy. Just IMO like

WALT WHITMAN
  • I'm with Bev on this one, I don't like the blobby idea at all, especially if the blobs change function/position.
    It's messy.
    I don't like having to scan around the screen to figure out if I'm in the right place
    I don't like the idea of it all changing during the monthly cycle

Customer may wish to submit readings at any time, but you could make it change colour or flash or similar and change text if PP want a reading (e.g. it's time to submit your monthly reading) and it could reset after reading is submitted.
    Also you could send notifications (customer accepted) if you want a reading.
    I prefer a straightforward list of options that doesn't change unless you're logged/signed out, in which case anything account specific should not be there.
    (I presume all the pages shown are when signed in, only two have names on the top?)
    Where is the sign-out/log out option?
    Last edited by woz; 09-07-18 at 20:40. Reason: correction
  • I'm with Bev on this one, I don't like the blobby idea at all, especially if the blobs change function/position.
    It's messy.
    I don't like having to scan around the screen to figure out if I'm in the right place
    I don't like the idea of it all changing during the monthly cycle

Customer may wish to submit readings at any time, but you could make it change colour or flash or similar and change text if PP want a reading (e.g. it's time to submit your monthly reading) and it could reset after reading is submitted.
    Also you could send notifications (customer accepted) if you want a reading.
    I prefer a straightforward list of options that doesn't change unless you're logged/signed out, in which case anything account specific should not be there.
    (I presume all the pages shown are when signed in, only two have names on the top?)
    Where is the sign-out/log out option?
  • Not sure about the blobs/planets either. My eyes don't know where to look at :P
  • Not sure about the blobs/planets either. My eyes don't know where to look at :P
  • Cheers for the really useful feedback @Bev @woz @Gabolino
    Appreciate it
    Hear what you're saying. We're looking at making the big Pure Planet in the top left smaller, so this will give us more room to make the other icons larger.
    That means the text will be easier to read and it will look a little less busy @Bev

Notifications are coming soon @woz and yes totally agree that they'll be brilliant for reminders to send a meter reading
    Though not everyone will want notifications and some may switch them off

Yes these mock-ups are for Members who are signed into the app.

We really want to get more Members to send us regular meter readings. The screen will only change to show the more prominent 'Send a meter reading' icon when we need one, ie a few days before your monthly statement.

So we don't anticipate the homescreem will change much otherwise. Agree that it would be quite annoying if each time you opened the app the icons had all moved around

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Cheers for the really useful feedback @Bev @woz @Gabolino
    Appreciate it
    Hear what you're saying. We're looking at making the big Pure Planet in the top left smaller, so this will give us more room to make the other icons larger.
    That means the text will be easier to read and it will look a little less busy @Bev

Notifications are coming soon @woz and yes totally agree that they'll be brilliant for reminders to send a meter reading
    Though not everyone will want notifications and some may switch them off

Yes these mock-ups are for Members who are signed into the app.

We really want to get more Members to send us regular meter readings. The screen will only change to show the more prominent 'Send a meter reading' icon when we need one, ie a few days before your monthly statement.

So we don't anticipate the homescreem will change much otherwise. Agree that it would be quite annoying if each time you opened the app the icons had all moved around

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I really love the blue colour! I don't like how the icons/moons move depending on the time of the month. It'd be like moving furniture in a blind person's house: if a user is used to finding an icon in one place, why make it more difficult for them by putting it elsewhere?
  • I really love the blue colour! I don't like how the icons/moons move depending on the time of the month. It'd be like moving furniture in a blind person's house: if a user is used to finding an icon in one place, why make it more difficult for them by putting it elsewhere?
  • I’m with the others posting here.
    New design is too cluttered.
    Whilst there is a lot of wasted screen “real estate” on the current app, the visual simplicity scores high.
    I’d seriously rethink this before rollout because it’s not particularly user friendly. Not everyone is a technologist so think about your average user..
    If you just “tidied up” the current app, by having a meter reading button on the home page, and perhaps ditching the energy use month by month screens for something that showed more data (12?/24)months with the ability to drill down... even a comparison line (year?) so you know if you’re using less or more energy....
    Conclusion. Stick with the great layout you have now - just tweak it and make it better rather than a complete redesign.
  • I’m with the others posting here.
    New design is too cluttered.
    Whilst there is a lot of wasted screen “real estate” on the current app, the visual simplicity scores high.
    I’d seriously rethink this before rollout because it’s not particularly user friendly. Not everyone is a technologist so think about your average user..
    If you just “tidied up” the current app, by having a meter reading button on the home page, and perhaps ditching the energy use month by month screens for something that showed more data (12?/24)months with the ability to drill down... even a comparison line (year?) so you know if you’re using less or more energy....
    Conclusion. Stick with the great layout you have now - just tweak it and make it better rather than a complete redesign.
  • Don’t change to the blobs/planets - they look childish. And it’d probably get me using the app a lot less. I prefer the current sleek look and feel.

Just a small button (Like where currently it has a referral link) saying ‘send meter reading’ would be fine.
  • Don’t change to the blobs/planets - they look childish. And it’d probably get me using the app a lot less. I prefer the current sleek look and feel.

Just a small button (Like where currently it has a referral link) saying ‘send meter reading’ would be fine.
  • Hi @marie8675309 and @Muddy and @SteveNorth
    Thanks for the really good feedback
    Much appreciated.
    We'll have some new designs to show soon. I'll be posting a new thread when we've got some new visuals to share.
    Are there apps which you use which you particularly like in terms of their design and/or functions?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @marie8675309 and @Muddy and @SteveNorth
    Thanks for the really good feedback
    Much appreciated.
    We'll have some new designs to show soon. I'll be posting a new thread when we've got some new visuals to share.
    Are there apps which you use which you particularly like in terms of their design and/or functions?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi Marc, your UI is pretty good..
    Don't fix something that ain't broke.
    Tweak it a bit, but it doesn't need fixing - really.
    Other apps I like using:
    Starling Bank (https://www.starlingbank.com) Good, simple and clear UI.
    [note: If anyone would like to join them, then being cheeky, please use this link: www.starlingbank.com/referral/?token=GVMMFT18 - no real financial reward, but I'd like to see them do well.]
    EE app - for clarity on home screen and three access buttons
    NATS drone assist - powered by Altitude Angel - clear UI, simple menus for what could be a complex reporting and information screen which involves mapping - nicely simplified.
    WebEx - simplicity of application
    Just gentle tweaks to what you have would be fine IMHO..
  • Hi Marc, your UI is pretty good..
    Don't fix something that ain't broke.
    Tweak it a bit, but it doesn't need fixing - really.
    Other apps I like using:
    Starling Bank (https://www.starlingbank.com) Good, simple and clear UI.
    [note: If anyone would like to join them, then being cheeky, please use this link: www.starlingbank.com/referral/?token=GVMMFT18 - no real financial reward, but I'd like to see them do well.]
    EE app - for clarity on home screen and three access buttons
    NATS drone assist - powered by Altitude Angel - clear UI, simple menus for what could be a complex reporting and information screen which involves mapping - nicely simplified.
    WebEx - simplicity of application
    Just gentle tweaks to what you have would be fine IMHO..
  • Have to say, I do like the EE app too. The “My BT” app takes some beating. This PP one is close to brill, just needs tweaks not radical change

WALT WHITMAN
  • Have to say, I do like the EE app too. The “My BT” app takes some beating. This PP one is close to brill, just needs tweaks not radical change

WALT WHITMAN
  • Hi Everyone - thank so much for your feedback, really helpful.

Completely get the cluttered/ messy feedback - we'll work on simplifying and getting something that looks sleeker and easier on the eye.

We'd like the homescreen overall to work a bit harder - right now we're asking Members who aren't familiar with the app to search for (as an example) where to submit a meter reading.

The hamburger menu will be almost as is now, we're just getting it ready for when we can give you more information on your usage, balance and payments - that's coming soon. If you've got any ideas or feedback for that there's a thread here - https://community.purepla.net/thread...ighlight=graph.
    As well as preparing for adding a property - There's a thread here https://community.purepla.net/thread...ighlight=usage for feedback.

Thanks again for your input - keep it coming!
  • Hi Everyone - thank so much for your feedback, really helpful.

Completely get the cluttered/ messy feedback - we'll work on simplifying and getting something that looks sleeker and easier on the eye.

We'd like the homescreen overall to work a bit harder - right now we're asking Members who aren't familiar with the app to search for (as an example) where to submit a meter reading.

The hamburger menu will be almost as is now, we're just getting it ready for when we can give you more information on your usage, balance and payments - that's coming soon. If you've got any ideas or feedback for that there's a thread here - https://community.purepla.net/thread...ighlight=graph.
    As well as preparing for adding a property - There's a thread here https://community.purepla.net/thread...ighlight=usage for feedback.

Thanks again for your input - keep it coming!
  • I referenced “My BT” app Monday as being hard to beat. Well just logged in and it’s had a radical makeover. It reads “We’ve given our app a new user friendly design and layout” then asks for feedback

The thing I’ve loved from start with their app, and it’s such a simple simple thing, but makes life sooooooo much easier, is the simple four digit PIN you simply enter to get logged in. You set that when first get the app, then that’s it. Done. Each time open app, just have to key that PIN in. Sounds so simple, BUT BUT BUT such smooth sailing; no faffing around with email addy and endless passwords that get forgotten.

Now they’ve revamped the entire app, to make for a much user friendlier experience, it’s hard to beat, or find any negatives. Just gonna have play then give em my feedback as requested.

I know banks apps have to be ultra ultra secure of course, but the endless passwords, security questions, then that key device that they send you (banks) or gridcard (Building Societies) is beyond tedious! I often just think I cannot be bothered when considering doing my online banking cos know just getting in is gonna take three weeks!

So think a four digit PIN log in for the PP app, even if everything else stays as it is, would be a massive step forward.
    Last edited by Bev; 19-07-18 at 21:21. Reason: Bank name removed

WALT WHITMAN
  • I referenced “My BT” app Monday as being hard to beat. Well just logged in and it’s had a radical makeover. It reads “We’ve given our app a new user friendly design and layout” then asks for feedback

The thing I’ve loved from start with their app, and it’s such a simple simple thing, but makes life sooooooo much easier, is the simple four digit PIN you simply enter to get logged in. You set that when first get the app, then that’s it. Done. Each time open app, just have to key that PIN in. Sounds so simple, BUT BUT BUT such smooth sailing; no faffing around with email addy and endless passwords that get forgotten.

Now they’ve revamped the entire app, to make for a much user friendlier experience, it’s hard to beat, or find any negatives. Just gonna have play then give em my feedback as requested.

I know banks apps have to be ultra ultra secure of course, but the endless passwords, security questions, then that key device that they send you (banks) or gridcard (Building Societies) is beyond tedious! I often just think I cannot be bothered when considering doing my online banking cos know just getting in is gonna take three weeks!

So think a four digit PIN log in for the PP app, even if everything else stays as it is, would be a massive step forward.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Yeah I agree, I'm not very Techy. I found it hard enuf with current App t switch but if new App is changed people like me will find it so difficult to use new Aop. So please larger font, Current App is Fab, I av got the hang of it after 5 days finding out elwot this n that button does.
    I'm so glad I swotched, wish I'd done it soonee.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Yeah I agree, I'm not very Techy. I found it hard enuf with current App t switch but if new App is changed people like me will find it so difficult to use new Aop. So please larger font, Current App is Fab, I av got the hang of it after 5 days finding out elwot this n that button does.
    I'm so glad I swotched, wish I'd done it soonee.
    Peace and Luve

Yours in Stitches

Ory 🌏🌞
  • Why has your reply had me in absolute stitches (no pun intended btw!) Kniterella?! OMG tears down my cheeks at your typos, even tho they weren’t intentional! Hilarious! Made my evening, soooo funny! But sooooo glad you swotched too!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Why has your reply had me in absolute stitches (no pun intended btw!) Kniterella?! OMG tears down my cheeks at your typos, even tho they weren’t intentional! Hilarious! Made my evening, soooo funny! But sooooo glad you swotched too!

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Kniterella View Post
    please larger font
    You can change font sizes in phones' system settings @Kniterella. What kind of phone do you have? We may be able to find the way!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Kniterella View Post
    please larger font
    You can change font sizes in phones' system settings @Kniterella. What kind of phone do you have? We may be able to find the way!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Bev @woz @Gabolino @marie8675309 @Muddy @SteveNorth @Kniterella
    Thanks for all this great feedback
    Just to let you know that our proposition manager @Georgie has just posted some updated designs in the community
    Take a look over here

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Bev @woz @Gabolino @marie8675309 @Muddy @SteveNorth @Kniterella
    Thanks for all this great feedback
    Just to let you know that our proposition manager @Georgie has just posted some updated designs in the community
    Take a look over here

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Know I mentioned it before here, and for fear of sounding like a stuck record (ask ya olds if you’re under 30😂), the BT app really truly IS good 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

I really love love love love the ease of the four digit PIN log on 👍👍👍, and the actual app itself is lovely.

Only mentioning it again today, as spent a bit of time on it whilst switching to BT for mobile contract now also 👍, and it just reiterated to me what a grand app it is 👏👏👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • Know I mentioned it before here, and for fear of sounding like a stuck record (ask ya olds if you’re under 30😂), the BT app really truly IS good 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

I really love love love love the ease of the four digit PIN log on 👍👍👍, and the actual app itself is lovely.

Only mentioning it again today, as spent a bit of time on it whilst switching to BT for mobile contract now also 👍, and it just reiterated to me what a grand app it is 👏👏👏

WALT WHITMAN
  • I love the new designed website and really loving the nudge as to when I need to send meter readings. 5⭐️
  • I love the new designed website and really loving the nudge as to when I need to send meter readings. 5⭐️
  • @Marc
    an aside but couldn't really decide where to post it,
    thinking...the option to cancel should not appear in the app until the switch is actually cast in stone at the server end.
    The reason is that cancelling before this point in time has caused issues
  • @Marc
    an aside but couldn't really decide where to post it,
    thinking...the option to cancel should not appear in the app until the switch is actually cast in stone at the server end.
    The reason is that cancelling before this point in time has caused issues