New homes could come with in-built chargers for electric vehicles
And if you don’t have a driveway you could use a lampost on the street.
The measures are being announced as the Government looks to increase the number of people switching to EVs, the BBC reports.
New ‘street columns’ with charging points would be for those in older properties or who don’t have off-street parking.
Borrowed Nissan Leaf 2 electric over the weekend and loved it - but sadly stretching an extension cable down our front path not a practical option pic.twitter.com/gnkRgsp1bZ— Rory Cellan-Jones (@ruskin147) July 9, 2018
What does the community think? Will it encourage the adoption of EVs?
Last edited by Marc; 09-07-18 at 09:41. Reason: Adding a tweet
Community Manager - Pure Planet
- New app update - get version 7.32.12 for new features including downloadable statements 😀
- Pure Planet Community latest highlights and rewards leaderboard 😍
- Community tips for an eco-friendly Christmas 🎄
- What's the last movie you watched? A fun new thread from @Jowl 🎦
- Find out more about member @Gray4276 who is our latest community Zero Hero
- Why we're still asking for monthly readings from Members with new smart meters
- November photo challenge - illuminations✨
- POLL: What temperature do you heat your home to?