New homes could come with in-built chargers for electric vehicles
And if you don’t have a driveway you could use a lampost on the street.
The measures are being announced as the Government looks to increase the number of people switching to EVs, the BBC reports.
New ‘street columns’ with charging points would be for those in older properties or who don’t have off-street parking.
Borrowed Nissan Leaf 2 electric over the weekend and loved it - but sadly stretching an extension cable down our front path not a practical option pic.twitter.com/gnkRgsp1bZ— Rory Cellan-Jones (@ruskin147) July 9, 2018
What does the community think? Will it encourage the adoption of EVs?
Last edited by Marc; 09-07-18 at 10:41. Reason: Adding a tweet
Community Manager - Pure Planet
- Exciting news! We've doubled our rewards - share £100 when you refer someone to Pure Planet
- We're working on making improvements to our Direct Debit reviews - we'd love your feedback on this
- Find out more about member @Duppy in the Pure Planet commmunity spotlight
- Pure Planet press release in response to Ofgem's price cap announcement
- July community round-up and points leaderboard - how many did you get?
- New update about smart meters' IHD issues
- Check out the August photo challenge
- We're planning new features to help landlords and estate agents - check it out here