Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • How to report abusive posts or profanity in the Pure Planet Community

The Community is a place to post questions, support each other, get involved and share views about Pure Planet, renewable energy, sustainability and environment issues, or anything else you want.

So we all get the most out of the community, and enjoy being part of it, the most important thing is that we treat all other members as we like to be treated. See the Pure Planet Community guidelines for more info on that.

Put simply that means: show respect, have patience, be helpful and stay friendly, even if you completely disagree with someone.

We've all got our views and we're all entitled to them, as long as we respect each other.

But if you spot something, like a thread or a reply, which you think may break these guidelines, you can flag it up for the community admins to take a look. For example, swearing or aggressive behaviour.

How do I flag content which I believe may be breaking the community guidelines?

Next to every post and reply there is an exclamation mark inside a triangle.

Name:  report post icon.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  7.8 KB

Only Members who are logged in to the community will see it.

If you tap/click on the triangle you will go to a ‘report post’ page, and a space where you can type in your reasons for reporting it. It looks like this:

Name:  report post.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  32.4 KB

Reporting a post does not automatically remove it. What you’re doing is only ‘flagging’ it to a community admin, who will decide whether the post needs to be taken offline or not. He/she will get back to you, to let you know what action was taken.

Got any questions? Let's talk about them in the replies.
    Last edited by Marc; 19-09-18 at 17:26.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• The Community is a place to post questions, support each other, get involved and share views about Pure Planet, renewable energy, sustainability and environment issues, or anything else you want.

So we all get the most out of the community, and enjoy being part of it, the most important thing is that we treat all other members as we like to be treated. See the Pure Planet Community guidelines for more info on that.

Put simply that means: show respect, have patience, be helpful and stay friendly, even if you completely disagree with someone.

We've all got our views and we're all entitled to them, as long as we respect each other.

But if you spot something, like a thread or a reply, which you think may break these guidelines, you can flag it up for the community admins to take a look. For example, swearing or aggressive behaviour.

How do I flag content which I believe may be breaking the community guidelines?

Next to every post and reply there is an exclamation mark inside a triangle.

Name:  report post icon.JPG
Views: 207
Size:  7.8 KB

Only Members who are logged in to the community will see it.

If you tap/click on the triangle you will go to a ‘report post’ page, and a space where you can type in your reasons for reporting it. It looks like this:

Name:  report post.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  32.4 KB

Reporting a post does not automatically remove it. What you’re doing is only ‘flagging’ it to a community admin, who will decide whether the post needs to be taken offline or not. He/she will get back to you, to let you know what action was taken.

Got any questions? Let's talk about them in the replies.

• Good to see this marc. As the size of the community grows then i suppose it's inevitable that the odd post by a confused,frustrated or even irate member will post something they proberly dont mean.
  • Good to see this marc. As the size of the community grows then i suppose it's inevitable that the odd post by a confused,frustrated or even irate member will post something they proberly dont mean.
  • I'm a member on a couple of fora which have 'community moderators'. They have access privileges enabling them to delete posts, lock threads and give members a few days in the cooler (but not outright bans).
    I don't know if this forum software supports something similar, but it might be worth looking into.
  • I'm a member on a couple of fora which have 'community moderators'. They have access privileges enabling them to delete posts, lock threads and give members a few days in the cooler (but not outright bans).
    I don't know if this forum software supports something similar, but it might be worth looking into.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Oakbank View Post
    I'm a member on a couple of fora which have 'community moderators'. They have access privileges enabling them to delete posts, lock threads and give members a few days in the cooler (but not outright bans).
    Hey @Oakbank
    Yep, that's something we're keen to do in this community too. The software does support it.
    I was planning to ask some Members in the New Year if they were up for it.
    Are you volunteering?!!

I'm a member on a couple of fora which have 'community moderators'. They have access privileges enabling them to delete posts, lock threads and give members a few days in the cooler (but not outright bans).
    Hey @Oakbank
    Yep, that's something we're keen to do in this community too. The software does support it.
    I was planning to ask some Members in the New Year if they were up for it.
    Are you volunteering?!!

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey Oakbank[/MENTION
    Are you volunteering?!!
    What, and make myself a target for abuse? 🤓
    Hey Oakbank[/MENTION
    Are you volunteering?!!
    What, and make myself a target for abuse? 🤓
    What, and make myself a target for abuse?
    Ha, not here @Oakbank
    This is a super-friendly community

What, and make myself a target for abuse?
    Ha, not here @Oakbank
    This is a super-friendly community

• Duly noted. Good tool to keep the community safe
  • Duly noted. Good tool to keep the community safe
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Duly noted. Good tool to keep the community safe
    It does work well @Gabolino. If you tap/click on 'report post' it'll send an email to several PP staff. So if I happen to be sipping drinks in a hammock on a sun-dappled beach at the time..... Someone else can take a look at it
    Though thankfully we don't get much. The few we do it's because someone's included some personal info in their post, like their email address or phone number.

• Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Duly noted. Good tool to keep the community safe
    It does work well @Gabolino. If you tap/click on 'report post' it'll send an email to several PP staff. So if I happen to be sipping drinks in a hammock on a sun-dappled beach at the time..... Someone else can take a look at it
    Though thankfully we don't get much. The few we do it's because someone's included some personal info in their post, like their email address or phone number.

• C'mon Marc, we need a way to contact you while at the beach... can we add a "contact Marc wherever he's at" button?

Like the Batman eclipse light
  • C'mon Marc, we need a way to contact you while at the beach... can we add a "contact Marc wherever he's at" button?

Like the Batman eclipse light
  • Even superheroes need holidays @Gabolino
    And Batman was never my favourite. I feel a new thread coming!

• Even superheroes need holidays @Gabolino

Even superheroes need holidays @Gabolino
    Yeah, good topic....I mean how can Batman be a "Superhero" when he has no super powers?
    Ok he is a hero that is super.....but not a Superhero
    Even superheroes need holidays @Gabolino
    Yeah, good topic....I mean how can Batman be a "Superhero" when he has no super powers?
  • I can feel a whole new thread coming on...
    MUST A SUPERHERO HAVE SUPER POWERS TO BE CALLED A SUPERHERO.
    I don't know but Iron man just doesn't cut the mustard...
    (well it certainly beats Brexit as far as discussion goes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post
  • I can feel a whole new thread coming on...
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    I can feel a whole new thread coming on...
    Haha, well Iron Man has no super powers either....just a(nother) bloke with a ton of money and cool gadgets

So are they Superhero's or just super Hero's?
    Haha, well Iron Man has no super powers either....just a(nother) bloke with a ton of money and cool gadgets

• I agree, not a real super hero, but don’t make me angry, you won’t like me when I’m angry...

• I agree, not a real super hero, but don’t make me angry, you won’t like me when I’m angry...

hey I’m enjoying the whole Brexit vote Wozeeta 👍😀, gripped to sky news
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
    hey I’m enjoying the whole Brexit vote Wozeeta 👍😀, gripped to sky news
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • don't say I didn't warn you (and the image is deliberately politically ambiguous)
    Name:  brexulk.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  113.0 KB
    Last edited by woz; 15-01-19 at 23:07.
  • don't say I didn't warn you (and the image is deliberately politically ambiguous)
    don't say I didn't warn you (and the image is deliberately politically ambiguous)
    Have you seen this new thread in our Off-Topic section @woz
    Great minds and all that

don't say I didn't warn you (and the image is deliberately politically ambiguous)
    Great minds and all that

• yes, finally gave in and cross posted it there, like I said don’t make me angry... haha just goes to show there’s a bit of the Hulk in us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Great minds and all that
    Last edited by woz; 16-01-19 at 22:09.
  • yes, finally gave in and cross posted it there, like I said don’t make me angry... haha just goes to show there’s a bit of the Hulk in us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Great minds and all that
  • Well thats brexit cancelled..

Lets face it the house of commons would not be able to vote on whuch flavour pringles to have for lunch.
  • Well thats brexit cancelled..

Lets face it the house of commons would not be able to vote on whuch flavour pringles to have for lunch.
  • There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.
    It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity.
    Th Twilight Zone
  • There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.
    It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity.
    Th Twilight Zone