• Oh jeez Jonny, that’s a nightmare we can all do without thank you very much!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oh jeez Jonny, that’s a nightmare we can all do without thank you very much!
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • yes, finally gave in and cross posted it there, like I said don’t make me angry... haha just goes to show there’s a bit of the Hulk in us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Have you seen this new thread in our Off-Topic section @woz
    Great minds and all that
    Last edited by woz; 16-01-19 at 22:09.
  • yes, finally gave in and cross posted it there, like I said don’t make me angry... haha just goes to show there’s a bit of the Hulk in us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Have you seen this new thread in our Off-Topic section @woz
    Great minds and all that
  • You’ve spoilt it now with the C word. Is treason still a hangable offence? (not you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Does anyone remember the story from DALLAS where bobby didnt really die he was just asleep in the shower.

Well the same story is the next idea on brexit. We will all wake up and cameron will be PM again and all will be forgotten
  • You’ve spoilt it now with the C word. Is treason still a hangable offence? (not you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Does anyone remember the story from DALLAS where bobby didnt really die he was just asleep in the shower.

Well the same story is the next idea on brexit. We will all wake up and cameron will be PM again and all will be forgotten
  • On the original topic of reporting dodgy posts......why is the icon for this under the Users details section?

If it relates only to 1 post and not the user as a whole, would it not be better to be located on the actual post itself? Possible midway between Reply and Thumbs Up?
  • On the original topic of reporting dodgy posts......why is the icon for this under the Users details section?

If it relates only to 1 post and not the user as a whole, would it not be better to be located on the actual post itself? Possible midway between Reply and Thumbs Up?
  • hi jenam
    it is on each post, if you look in landscape if on phone) go down from the name on lhs there’s a list of stuff given and received etc and under that is a little triangle on each post.
    Name:  0032F299-A807-4D51-8B84-6ADFD3D11304.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  152.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post
    On the original topic of reporting dodgy posts......why is the icon for this under the Users details section?

• hi jenam
    it is on each post, if you look in landscape if on phone) go down from the name on lhs there’s a list of stuff given and received etc and under that is a little triangle on each post.
    Name:  0032F299-A807-4D51-8B84-6ADFD3D11304.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  152.2 KB
    On the original topic of reporting dodgy posts......why is the icon for this under the Users details section?

• Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post

Hey @Jenam93
    You can report both. For the profile it's there for, say, impersonation, or if someone has eluded the profanity filter and created a username with an offensive word in it. Or if the user is trolling or abusing others. (Though I've got to say that this is a very safe and positive community that anyone being rude or overly negative either leaves or is 'turned' by other members! )

The icon also appears next to posts, if you only need to report one post. Say if someone's added some personal info which you think might be a bit too confidential for a public forum.
    On desktop the report icon is, as @woz says, under the thumbs up received/given count.
    On mobile the report icon is on the right.

Name:  Pure Planet Community report post on mobile.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  90.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Jenam93 View Post

Hey @Jenam93
    You can report both. For the profile it's there for, say, impersonation, or if someone has eluded the profanity filter and created a username with an offensive word in it. Or if the user is trolling or abusing others. (Though I've got to say that this is a very safe and positive community that anyone being rude or overly negative either leaves or is 'turned' by other members! )

The icon also appears next to posts, if you only need to report one post. Say if someone's added some personal info which you think might be a bit too confidential for a public forum.
    On desktop the report icon is, as @woz says, under the thumbs up received/given count.
    On mobile the report icon is on the right.

Name:  Pure Planet Community report post on mobile.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  90.3 KB
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Thanks @woz @Marc, I knew it was there, it was the placement of it I was questioning. It's a report the post icon, but under the users details rather than for each unique post.

For me the icon is not obvious what it is for. You would have to hover over it to know what it relates to, or come and read this thread.

I was trying to suggest it might be better to just have the Report button (with text) at the same level as Quote, Reply, Edit, Thumbs Up so it is crystal clear and obvious should it be required (Hopefully not!)
  • Thanks @woz @Marc, I knew it was there, it was the placement of it I was questioning. It's a report the post icon, but under the users details rather than for each unique post.

For me the icon is not obvious what it is for. You would have to hover over it to know what it relates to, or come and read this thread.

I was trying to suggest it might be better to just have the Report button (with text) at the same level as Quote, Reply, Edit, Thumbs Up so it is crystal clear and obvious should it be required (Hopefully not!)
  • hmmm not a bad idea.but..the only issue I have, and I think it's probably along the same lines as PP is it sort of puts it in the forefront when in reality it's used (thank goodness) extremely rarely when compared to the other buttons.
    What I think might be the best compromise is a bigger better more explanatory/obvious icon like this?>Name:  reportpost-r.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  801 Bytes
    Thanks @woz @Marc, I knew it was there, it was the placement of it I was questioning. It's a report the post icon, but under the users details rather than for each unique post.

Last edited by woz; 29-01-19 at 18:31.
  • hmmm not a bad idea.but..the only issue I have, and I think it's probably along the same lines as PP is it sort of puts it in the forefront when in reality it's used (thank goodness) extremely rarely when compared to the other buttons.
    What I think might be the best compromise is a bigger better more explanatory/obvious icon like this?>Name:  reportpost-r.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  801 Bytes
    Thanks @woz @Marc, I knew it was there, it was the placement of it I was questioning. It's a report the post icon, but under the users details rather than for each unique post.