• Inherited PP- how to change supplier

I’ve recently moved into a house supplied by PP (PurePlanet).

I have tried contacting PP to let them know about my move (including opening readings) to no avail. I am now planning to switch to a more conventional supplier who can be reached via phone/ email.

How do I go about informing PP of my change? I have simply asked my new supplier to arrange this for me, but I am aware my existing supplier really needs to be updated.

Concerned by the lack of correspondence/ means of contacting PP.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • I’ve recently moved into a house supplied by PP (PurePlanet).

I have tried contacting PP to let them know about my move (including opening readings) to no avail. I am now planning to switch to a more conventional supplier who can be reached via phone/ email.

How do I go about informing PP of my change? I have simply asked my new supplier to arrange this for me, but I am aware my existing supplier really needs to be updated.

Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi @AdamTurner5
    Welcome to the community! 😀
    Thanks for posting.
    If you have moved into a new property and would like to keep getting clean energy from Pure Planet then you just have to download the app, get a quote and initiate the switch.

When you contacted the team, was that via the app?
    What you do is go to 'help' in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can.
    It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you within one working day.
    If you choose a different supplier, that's a shame but your call of course! You simply switch to someone else, and they'll let us know.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here 👍
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @AdamTurner5
    Welcome to the community! 😀
    Thanks for posting.
    If you have moved into a new property and would like to keep getting clean energy from Pure Planet then you just have to download the app, get a quote and initiate the switch.

When you contacted the team, was that via the app?
    What you do is go to 'help' in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can.
    It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you within one working day.
    If you choose a different supplier, that's a shame but your call of course! You simply switch to someone else, and they'll let us know.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here 👍

• Quote Originally Posted by AdamTurner5 View Post

Don’t switch too hastily, Adam. You won’t find many providers cheaper than PP, and you’ll also find as you settle in, the treatment you receive from PP is superb. Sounds almost ironic that an app based supplier can offer the personal touch, but they really do truly care about the customer. It’s definitely the way forward IMO. Cannot fault 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by AdamTurner5 View Post

Don’t switch too hastily, Adam. You won’t find many providers cheaper than PP, and you’ll also find as you settle in, the treatment you receive from PP is superb. Sounds almost ironic that an app based supplier can offer the personal touch, but they really do truly care about the customer. It’s definitely the way forward IMO. Cannot fault 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Hi Adam
    I assume the previous owner informed PP that they were ending their arrangement and submitted their final readings?
    Your post raises an interesting issue which I think will have to be addressed by PP in the future; an inheritor of PP wouldn’t know about apps or communities and would quite reasonably expect to find a conventional route of contact. I’m not sure how this will be fixed but I’m sure it will be looked at. Also if the previous owner did inform PP presumably they should communicate with the new owner/tenant/landlord?
    Being a relatively new supplier I’m guessing very few if any customers have inherited PP.
    That said you eventually found your way here and Bev is right, PP do care about their customers and if you’re comfortable with an app and the community and the occasional email from PP, it’s worth persevering. Having spent hours in queues and on hold with other companies I find this works well.
    If not good luck whatever you choose.
  • Hi Adam
    I assume the previous owner informed PP that they were ending their arrangement and submitted their final readings?
    Your post raises an interesting issue which I think will have to be addressed by PP in the future; an inheritor of PP wouldn’t know about apps or communities and would quite reasonably expect to find a conventional route of contact. I’m not sure how this will be fixed but I’m sure it will be looked at. Also if the previous owner did inform PP presumably they should communicate with the new owner/tenant/landlord?
    Being a relatively new supplier I’m guessing very few if any customers have inherited PP.
    That said you eventually found your way here and Bev is right, PP do care about their customers and if you’re comfortable with an app and the community and the occasional email from PP, it’s worth persevering. Having spent hours in queues and on hold with other companies I find this works well.
    If not good luck whatever you choose.

• Hi @woz thanks for jumping in here 😀
    You're right to raise this.
    What already happens is that when someone moves out of a property and they notify us, we then send a letter to the 'New Occupier' to let them know that we're supplying the property, to tell them a little bit about us, what they need to do to keep us as their supplier, and so on.
    Great to hear that you agree we care about our customers! ❤️

• Hi @woz thanks for jumping in here 😀
    You're right to raise this.
    What already happens is that when someone moves out of a property and they notify us, we then send a letter to the 'New Occupier' to let them know that we're supplying the property, to tell them a little bit about us, what they need to do to keep us as their supplier, and so on.
    Great to hear that you agree we care about our customers! ❤️

• I', in a similar situation.
    Moved in on the 20th of April.

Agency said, don't worry, we've already provided the reading with your details and you should be getting a welcome letter.
    I have not received anything in the first couple of weeks, contacted the agency, he couldn't help much.
    Then 2 days ago I received the letter addressed to "The Occupier" and with debt from 8th of April.

The reading given is ok, but it has an estimated value, I'll inform the current one when I manage to get hold of the app and virtual assistance.

What I do not appreciate is that it was chosen for me, I did not know what was happening, told it was going to be switched of, did not have a choice and now I must sign up to be able to switch, if I choose to, I have not decided yet.
    You got to realise that these are not great first impressions.

I feel a victim of the situation and walk in the dark and in order to sort it out I have signed up, I do not want to install an app, and sign up, but I have to. Frustrating.Schedule
  • I', in a similar situation.

Agency said, don't worry, we've already provided the reading with your details and you should be getting a welcome letter.
    I have not received anything in the first couple of weeks, contacted the agency, he couldn't help much.
    Then 2 days ago I received the letter addressed to "The Occupier" and with debt from 8th of April.

The reading given is ok, but it has an estimated value, I'll inform the current one when I manage to get hold of the app and virtual assistance.

What I do not appreciate is that it was chosen for me, I did not know what was happening, told it was going to be switched of, did not have a choice and now I must sign up to be able to switch, if I choose to, I have not decided yet.

I feel a victim of the situation and walk in the dark and in order to sort it out I have signed up, I do not want to install an app, and sign up, but I have to. Frustrating.Schedule

• hi rogeriodasilvadotcom
    hi roger
    You have no control over which energy supplier you inherit when you move into a property. Whichever supplier, you are then a "deemed customer" of that supplier, it's just the way the system works, whether an agency or the previous supplier chose to be with PP makes no difference, but I would have expected an agency to inform you about PP if they chose PP on your behalf. It's hardly something to be annoyed at PP for that they were chosen for you.
    That said as you now know PP is app based only. Of course that may not suit some people, but then you do have the option of switching away which takes about 17 days if the switch is OK'd, bearing in mind you are responsible for any energy used up until any switch out occurs.

Your first impressions are partially justified. PP know that it's a little bit more difficult for deemed customers and they are working on improving that journey, but whoever the supplier you feel you were "forced" to be with there would still be the process of waiting for a bill to drop through the door if the supplier didn't have your personal details (and perhaps even if they did).
    The only difference here is that communication with PP is not by the old conventional method as others use, but you can communicate via help in the app (the easiest way by far) or if you don't want to you can use the community.

I think your unsatisfactory first impressions are only justified for the small part of the journey where you weren't sure how to communicate with PP, and that's the part that needs to be improved because it's not what customers are expecting. Other than that the rest is the same whichever supplier you use.

Take photos of the meters and readings in case of any dispute late on.
    I think if you choose to stay you won't regret it, but obviously you'll choose whatever you're most comfortable with.

Good luck in your new property.

(If you don't want to use the app there is a route to make a one-off payment but if you can use the app it's by far the easiest route.)

Quote Originally Posted by rogeriodasilvadotcom View Post
    I', in a similar situation.

• hi rogeriodasilvadotcom
    hi roger
    You have no control over which energy supplier you inherit when you move into a property. Whichever supplier, you are then a "deemed customer" of that supplier, it's just the way the system works, whether an agency or the previous supplier chose to be with PP makes no difference, but I would have expected an agency to inform you about PP if they chose PP on your behalf. It's hardly something to be annoyed at PP for that they were chosen for you.
    That said as you now know PP is app based only. Of course that may not suit some people, but then you do have the option of switching away which takes about 17 days if the switch is OK'd, bearing in mind you are responsible for any energy used up until any switch out occurs.

Your first impressions are partially justified. PP know that it's a little bit more difficult for deemed customers and they are working on improving that journey, but whoever the supplier you feel you were "forced" to be with there would still be the process of waiting for a bill to drop through the door if the supplier didn't have your personal details (and perhaps even if they did).
    The only difference here is that communication with PP is not by the old conventional method as others use, but you can communicate via help in the app (the easiest way by far) or if you don't want to you can use the community.

I think your unsatisfactory first impressions are only justified for the small part of the journey where you weren't sure how to communicate with PP, and that's the part that needs to be improved because it's not what customers are expecting. Other than that the rest is the same whichever supplier you use.

Take photos of the meters and readings in case of any dispute late on.
    I think if you choose to stay you won't regret it, but obviously you'll choose whatever you're most comfortable with.

Good luck in your new property.

(If you don't want to use the app there is a route to make a one-off payment but if you can use the app it's by far the easiest route.)

Quote Originally Posted by rogeriodasilvadotcom View Post
    I', in a similar situation.