• Gas Meter Reading

Could I just check, what format do you want the gas meter reading in? kWh or cubic metres? my meter gives me both. I assume it is kWh but I want to check.

You could do to make this clear on the app.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Could I just check, what format do you want the gas meter reading in? kWh or cubic metres? my meter gives me both. I assume it is kWh but I want to check.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by mcd85 View Post
    Could I just check, what format do you want the gas meter reading in? kWh or cubic metres? my meter gives me both. I assume it is kWh but I want to check.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Hi @mcd85

Cubic metres please.
    We then convert that to kWh for billing purposes.
    Nice one for checking! πŸ‘
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by mcd85 View Post

Thanks,
    Nick
    Hi @mcd85

Cubic metres please.
    We then convert that to kWh for billing purposes.
    Nice one for checking! πŸ‘
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Oh my word. Maybe i need to get out more as i have never come across a meter that gave both of these readings. Its a shame no picture is attached so i could have a look (im a little sad like that)
    Have a look on a bill from your old supplier for the reading they used and then use the same one.
  • Oh my word. Maybe i need to get out more as i have never come across a meter that gave both of these readings. Its a shame no picture is attached so i could have a look (im a little sad like that)
    Have a look on a bill from your old supplier for the reading they used and then use the same one.

• Quote Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
    Oh my word. Maybe i need to get out more as i have never come across a meter that gave both of these readings. Its a shame no picture is attached so i could have a look (im a little sad like that)
    Hi Jon, some photo's attached. I assume the meter just calculates a kWh.It was a smart meter, but as only Gen1 it is now reverted to standard meter which needs me to manually read. Roll on generation 2 meters.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oh my word. Maybe i need to get out more as i have never come across a meter that gave both of these readings. Its a shame no picture is attached so i could have a look (im a little sad like that)
    Hi Jon, some photo's attached. I assume the meter just calculates a kWh.It was a smart meter, but as only Gen1 it is now reverted to standard meter which needs me to manually read. Roll on generation 2 meters.

Yes clearly i am a hobbit. Where i live they would/could not install smart meters as we barely get 3G and 4G is just a wish even the wifi comes in via a bloody great satellite dish on the roof.hopefully the 2nd gen smart meters will be able to cope with this.
    Welcome to the community.
    Yes clearly i am a hobbit. Where i live they would/could not install smart meters as we barely get 3G and 4G is just a wish even the wifi comes in via a bloody great satellite dish on the roof.hopefully the 2nd gen smart meters will be able to cope with this.
    Welcome to the community.

.....even the wifi comes in via a bloody great satellite dish on the roof.
    This did make me LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
    .....even the wifi comes in via a bloody great satellite dish on the roof.
    This did make me LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN

• I know this is nerdy of me to mention but to clarify, the kWh reading is worked out from the number of cubic metres, and the calorific value of the gas specified by the supplier. The calorific value varies and any smart meter would have to know exactly what figure is being used by the supplier before it could work out the kWh that you would be charged for.
    and Wi-fi by Satellite dish !!That sounds horribly expensive! (and presumably slow?)
  • I know this is nerdy of me to mention but to clarify, the kWh reading is worked out from the number of cubic metres, and the calorific value of the gas specified by the supplier. The calorific value varies and any smart meter would have to know exactly what figure is being used by the supplier before it could work out the kWh that you would be charged for.
    and Wi-fi by Satellite dish !!That sounds horribly expensive! (and presumably slow?)

• I would post a photo of said satellite dish but the wifi is so bad it wont upload. Or im doing something wrong !!
    And yes @woz the bill is HUGE proberly bigger than the dish itself.
  • I would post a photo of said satellite dish but the wifi is so bad it wont upload. Or im doing something wrong !!
    And yes @woz the bill is HUGE proberly bigger than the dish itself.

• Now my failing brain cells have remembered how to communicate with each other i can now post this picture.
    Wifi berkshire style.
  • Now my failing brain cells have remembered how to communicate with each other i can now post this picture.
    Wifi berkshire style.

Now my failing brain cells have remembered how to communicate with each other i can now post this picture.
    Wifi berkshire style.
    🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

WALT WHITMAN
    Now my failing brain cells have remembered how to communicate with each other i can now post this picture.
    Wifi berkshire style.
    🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

WALT WHITMAN

• Jon I'm curious, how do you deal with all that send/receive latency?

While we're on the subject here's a picture of my wifi setup, Manchester style
    Name:  satdish.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  15.1 KB

sorry couldn't resist..
  • Jon I'm curious, how do you deal with all that send/receive latency?

While we're on the subject here's a picture of my wifi setup, Manchester style
    Name:  satdish.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  15.1 KB

sorry couldn't resist..

• Well woz basically i send it on monday and receive it on friday. Rest of the week i spend cutting the grass. Its ok really bit like royal mail you get used to it and plan accordingly.
    Now i always thought that dish was so the owners of the local football teams can watch a home game.
  • Well woz basically i send it on monday and receive it on friday. Rest of the week i spend cutting the grass. Its ok really bit like royal mail you get used to it and plan accordingly.
    Now i always thought that dish was so the owners of the local football teams can watch a home game.

No need, they can all afford private jets.
    Of course if it was further South (Chelsea) they'd send the plane back without letting the owner into the UK.....

(btw send/receive latency is less than I thought, typically just over 1/2 sec, I was surprised - I thought it was longer but never had the 'luxury' of Sat. Wifi to see for myself)
    No need, they can all afford private jets.
    Of course if it was further South (Chelsea) they'd send the plane back without letting the owner into the UK.....

(btw send/receive latency is less than I thought, typically just over 1/2 sec, I was surprised - I thought it was longer but never had the 'luxury' of Sat. Wifi to see for myself)