Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

• How would you like to be rewarded for referring family and friends?

Hi everyone

We’re taking a look at how we reward Pure Planet members for referring family and friends who join us.

As you know we currently give you - and the person you referred - Amazon vouchers worth Β£25 each when they switch.

There’s no limit on the number of people you can refer, and members have been sharing ideas on some great sustainable items you can buy for Β£25.

But would you prefer another type of reward?

Ideally we’d like to include lots of different options, so members can choose. For now, though, we want to keep it simple and build from there.

Please give your feedback letting us know in the replies.

Much appreciated βœ‹

Update - 16th October 2019

A quick update on this. We haven't forgotten (or ignored!) those who have asked for alternatives to Amazon vouchers.

We've recently finished some tech work to improve the 'platform' we used to send rewards for referring family and friends to PP. This means we will soon be able to offer alternative brands, including For Good Causes which partners with lots of charities.

And today we've gone live with a new promotion for people who've moved into a home already on supply with Pure Planet - a Β£25 credit to their account.

So this really opens up some options for our rewards for referring friends. We're working hard to introduce more options soon. Of course as soon as there's a date for go-live, the community will be the first to know
    Last edited by Marc; 16-10-19 at 09:06. Reason: Fixing links
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi everyone

We’re taking a look at how we reward Pure Planet members for referring family and friends who join us.

As you know we currently give you - and the person you referred - Amazon vouchers worth Β£25 each when they switch.

There’s no limit on the number of people you can refer, and members have been sharing ideas on some great sustainable items you can buy for Β£25.

But would you prefer another type of reward?

Ideally we’d like to include lots of different options, so members can choose. For now, though, we want to keep it simple and build from there.

Please give your feedback letting us know in the replies.

Much appreciated βœ‹

Update - 16th October 2019

A quick update on this. We haven't forgotten (or ignored!) those who have asked for alternatives to Amazon vouchers.

We've recently finished some tech work to improve the 'platform' we used to send rewards for referring family and friends to PP. This means we will soon be able to offer alternative brands, including For Good Causes which partners with lots of charities.

And today we've gone live with a new promotion for people who've moved into a home already on supply with Pure Planet - a Β£25 credit to their account.

So this really opens up some options for our rewards for referring friends. We're working hard to introduce more options soon. Of course as soon as there's a date for go-live, the community will be the first to know

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Great idea Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘

The 25 notes Amazon voucher is fab, but you could also add other options like you say, then peeps could select whatever suits them best.

A few suggestions :

1. Β£25 off your next PP bill.

2. A Β£25 donation to a charity of your choice.

3. Β£25 gift card with option of different high street stores listed, for customer to choose from (or a gift card that covers all stores anyway).

Just little ideas, Marc
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Great idea Marc πŸ‘πŸ‘

The 25 notes Amazon voucher is fab, but you could also add other options like you say, then peeps could select whatever suits them best.

A few suggestions :

1. Β£25 off your next PP bill.

2. A Β£25 donation to a charity of your choice.

3. Β£25 gift card with option of different high street stores listed, for customer to choose from (or a gift card that covers all stores anyway).

Just little ideas, Marc

WALT WHITMAN

• Thanks @Bev these are all great ideas.
    Your suggestion of donating to a charity is interesting.
    There are also some similar replies about charitable donations on this thread about our community rewards beta programme.

When you say a charity of your choice. Do you mean an individual choice, of the choice of Pure Planet? (Or, even, the choice of the community?!)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Thanks @Bev these are all great ideas.
    Your suggestion of donating to a charity is interesting.
    There are also some similar replies about charitable donations on this thread about our community rewards beta programme.

When you say a charity of your choice. Do you mean an individual choice, of the choice of Pure Planet? (Or, even, the choice of the community?!)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Thanks for liking πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Yes, I guess I meant charity of individual members choice when typed reply, Marc, BUT it doesn’t have to be that way, of course. I was thinking, as it was a personal gift, being as it was to a member who had made a referral, it was more an individual gift.

With the beta rewards thingy, that’s more a community bonus kinda scheme, and more of a fun element, and think a poll or whatever to decide a nominated charity winner etc, would be a hitπŸ‘.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Thanks for liking πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Yes, I guess I meant charity of individual members choice when typed reply, Marc, BUT it doesn’t have to be that way, of course. I was thinking, as it was a personal gift, being as it was to a member who had made a referral, it was more an individual gift.

With the beta rewards thingy, that’s more a community bonus kinda scheme, and more of a fun element, and think a poll or whatever to decide a nominated charity winner etc, would be a hitπŸ‘.

WALT WHITMAN

• A massive thank you to Pure Planet for my Β£25 Amazon voucher, after I referred my parents to PP. Their switch was as smooth as silk, and they too have received said voucher . Fantastic service. Cannot fault. Thank you.

WALT WHITMAN
  • A massive thank you to Pure Planet for my Β£25 Amazon voucher, after I referred my parents to PP. Their switch was as smooth as silk, and they too have received said voucher . Fantastic service. Cannot fault. Thank you.

WALT WHITMAN

• Just to add, ordered a new backpack today from Amazon with said voucher, for my daily walks to from work. Mines on last legs so this gift was very much appreciated. Thank you PP

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just to add, ordered a new backpack today from Amazon with said voucher, for my daily walks to from work. Mines on last legs so this gift was very much appreciated. Thank you PP

WALT WHITMAN

• Which model of backpack did you get? Also - when did we stop saying 'rucksack' ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Just to add, ordered a new backpack today from Amazon with said voucher, for my daily walks to from work. Mines on last legs so this gift was very much appreciated. Thank you PP

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Which model of backpack did you get? Also - when did we stop saying 'rucksack' ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Just to add, ordered a new backpack today from Amazon with said voucher, for my daily walks to from work. Mines on last legs so this gift was very much appreciated. Thank you PP

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• I think I last used a rucksack in 1986 for my A levels! It was sooooo trendy to have a β€œrucksack” back then, wasn’t it!

This is a picnic backpack, it’s my 5th one of this particular one now Marc cos I sooooo LOVE them! No backpack comes close IMO for the space, and the side drinks cooler for my Lucozade! Fab.

Sooo wish my photos would upload or that I could successfully apply links here to Amazon, BUT it’s called La Roca 4 Person Deluxe Picnic Backpack

WALT WHITMAN
  • I think I last used a rucksack in 1986 for my A levels! It was sooooo trendy to have a β€œrucksack” back then, wasn’t it!

This is a picnic backpack, it’s my 5th one of this particular one now Marc cos I sooooo LOVE them! No backpack comes close IMO for the space, and the side drinks cooler for my Lucozade! Fab.

Sooo wish my photos would upload or that I could successfully apply links here to Amazon, BUT it’s called La Roca 4 Person Deluxe Picnic Backpack

WALT WHITMAN

• Just to say, with my other PP Amazon gift, I bought a mean wok, as my last one has just started leaking after over ten years. This new one is a right Bobby Dazzler! Love it

WALT WHITMAN
  • Just to say, with my other PP Amazon gift, I bought a mean wok, as my last one has just started leaking after over ten years. This new one is a right Bobby Dazzler! Love it

WALT WHITMAN

• Like Bulb, credit account...
  • Like Bulb, credit account...

• Does it have to be amazon,the modern form of Victorian workforce slavemaster? And tax evaders. Or maybe they own Pure Planet?
  • Does it have to be amazon,the modern form of Victorian workforce slavemaster? And tax evaders. Or maybe they own Pure Planet?

• Hi @ducatidemon100
    Nope, we're not owned by Amazon
    What other kind of 'reward' did you have in mind?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @ducatidemon100
    Nope, we're not owned by Amazon
    What other kind of 'reward' did you have in mind?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Hi Marc - I agree with this. I've chosen to switch to Pure Planet as I feel it's a more ethical choice - but recommending and referring for Amazon vouchers makes me more than a little uncomfortable as Amazon are just SO unethical as a company. Please could you give a choice for bill credit or amazon vouchers? Thanks, Mary
  • Hi Marc - I agree with this. I've chosen to switch to Pure Planet as I feel it's a more ethical choice - but recommending and referring for Amazon vouchers makes me more than a little uncomfortable as Amazon are just SO unethical as a company. Please could you give a choice for bill credit or amazon vouchers? Thanks, Mary

• Quote Originally Posted by emjayco View Post
    Hi Marc - I agree with this. I've chosen to switch to Pure Planet as I feel it's a more ethical choice - but recommending and referring for Amazon vouchers makes me more than a little uncomfortable as Amazon are just SO unethical as a company. Please could you give a choice for bill credit or amazon vouchers? Thanks, Mary
    Hi @emjayco
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    This is being worked on. More choices are coming soon!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by emjayco View Post
    Hi Marc - I agree with this. I've chosen to switch to Pure Planet as I feel it's a more ethical choice - but recommending and referring for Amazon vouchers makes me more than a little uncomfortable as Amazon are just SO unethical as a company. Please could you give a choice for bill credit or amazon vouchers? Thanks, Mary
    Hi @emjayco
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    This is being worked on. More choices are coming soon!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• Used my referral vouchers to buy a new iron. Thanks PP πŸ‘β˜Ί
  • Used my referral vouchers to buy a new iron. Thanks PP πŸ‘β˜Ί

• Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Used my referral vouchers to buy a new iron. Thanks PP ☺
    Nice one @Scubaseahorse
    That sounds like a sensible investment!
    Refer a few more people and the Christmas shopping could get a lot kinder!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Scubaseahorse View Post
    Used my referral vouchers to buy a new iron. Thanks PP ☺
    Nice one @Scubaseahorse
    That sounds like a sensible investment!
    Refer a few more people and the Christmas shopping could get a lot kinder!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• hi Mary, welcome to the community.
    This has been the subject of much discussion and there are changes to the PP reward system planned.
    Also if you switch via MSE you can get credits to your bill, although not sure if that's an ongoing offer, it was there last time I looked.
    In the interests of fairness and balance, have you seen THIS (Although it may not do much for the tax situation...)
  • hi Mary, welcome to the community.
    This has been the subject of much discussion and there are changes to the PP reward system planned.
    Also if you switch via MSE you can get credits to your bill, although not sure if that's an ongoing offer, it was there last time I looked.
    In the interests of fairness and balance, have you seen THIS (Although it may not do much for the tax situation...)

• Hi Marc, I’d prefer my rewards without having to agree to your new 3rd party rewards company having the right to market to me.
  • Hi Marc, I’d prefer my rewards without having to agree to your new 3rd party rewards company having the right to market to me.

• to https://www.giftcloud.com/us/terms
    then to https://www.giftcloud.com/uk/privacy
    Apologies for the formatting I couldn't be a'd correcting it, but it matters not..

Your rights to object:
    You have various rights in respect of our use of your personal information as set out in section 6. Two of the fundamental rights to be aware of are that:
    1. you may ask us to stop using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
    2. you may ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our, or another person's, legitimate interest.

You can find out more information in section 6.

​Section 6

1. Your rights

6.1 You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at hello@giftcloud.com at any time. You have the following rights:(a) Right of accessYou have a right of access to any personal information we hold about you.

You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation as to whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA").
    (b) Right to update your informationYou have a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.(c) Right delete your informationYou have a right to ask us to delete any personal information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances, unless required to be kept by law. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details in section 12.We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are, using the contact details in section 12.(d) Right to restrict use of your informationYou have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information in certain specific circumstances.

​You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details in section 12.
    We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are using the contact details in section 12.(e) Right to stop marketingYou have a right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.(f) Right to data portabilityYou have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
    This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
    (g) Right to objectYou have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest.

6.2 We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, for example if we need to keep using the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.6.3 If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 quid View Post
    Hi Marc, I’d prefer my rewards without having to agree to your new 3rd party rewards company having the right to market to me.
    Last edited by woz; 28-09-19 at 15:23. Reason: format ducked
  • to https://www.giftcloud.com/us/terms
    then to https://www.giftcloud.com/uk/privacy
    Apologies for the formatting I couldn't be a'd correcting it, but it matters not..

Your rights to object:
    You have various rights in respect of our use of your personal information as set out in section 6. Two of the fundamental rights to be aware of are that:
    1. you may ask us to stop using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
    2. you may ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our, or another person's, legitimate interest.

You can find out more information in section 6.

​Section 6

1. Your rights

6.1 You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email at hello@giftcloud.com at any time. You have the following rights:(a) Right of accessYou have a right of access to any personal information we hold about you.

You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation as to whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer your information outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA").
    (b) Right to update your informationYou have a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.(c) Right delete your informationYou have a right to ask us to delete any personal information which we are holding about you in certain specific circumstances, unless required to be kept by law. You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details in section 12.We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are, using the contact details in section 12.(d) Right to restrict use of your informationYou have a right to ask us to restrict the way that we process your personal information in certain specific circumstances.

​You can ask us for further information on these specific circumstances by contacting us using the details in section 12.
    We will pass your request onto other recipients of your personal information unless that is impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You can ask us who the recipients are using the contact details in section 12.(e) Right to stop marketingYou have a right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.(f) Right to data portabilityYou have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services.
    This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
    (g) Right to objectYou have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest.

6.2 We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, for example if we need to keep using the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.6.3 If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 quid View Post
    Hi Marc, I’d prefer my rewards without having to agree to your new 3rd party rewards company having the right to market to me.

• Yes indeed woz. The cynic in me prefers to avoid giving information rather then to trust it isn’t abused.
  • Yes indeed woz. The cynic in me prefers to avoid giving information rather then to trust it isn’t abused.