• GDPR email "ACTION: Want to stay in the loop?" A Query

When I clicked on the "Keep Me In The Loop" I expected some sort of confirmation that my response was successful.
    What I got was a blank window with a long url popping up and nothing else apparently happening, so I'm not convinced my response has been logged at the PP end. It could be my computer but I haven't had this happen with any of the other GDPR mails.

Could someone tell me what's supposed to happen when you click it, and has it worked OK for others?
    I would imagine from PP's perspective it's fairly important to know the process is working OK

I've attached a screenshot of mine.
    Name:  purepla- gdpr.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  30.1 KB
    As an aside I'm not really sure that I want to stay in a loop..I might disappear up my own whatsit...
  • When I clicked on the "Keep Me In The Loop" I expected some sort of confirmation that my response was successful.
    What I got was a blank window with a long url popping up and nothing else apparently happening, so I'm not convinced my response has been logged at the PP end. It could be my computer but I haven't had this happen with any of the other GDPR mails.

Could someone tell me what's supposed to happen when you click it, and has it worked OK for others?
    I would imagine from PP's perspective it's fairly important to know the process is working OK

I've attached a screenshot of mine.
    Name:  purepla- gdpr.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  30.1 KB
    As an aside I'm not really sure that I want to stay in a loop..I might disappear up my own whatsit...

• Hi @woz.
    That did not happen to me it simply sent an email to the help@puteplanet email. Might be worth checking your out box for confirmation or failure.
  • Hi @woz.
    That did not happen to me it simply sent an email to the help@puteplanet email. Might be worth checking your out box for confirmation or failure.

• Thanks Jon, that's helpful, although gmail doesn't have an outbox as such. I'll try to send it manually.
    hmmm...if it's happened to me it may well have happened to others.
  • Thanks Jon, that's helpful, although gmail doesn't have an outbox as such. I'll try to send it manually.
    hmmm...if it's happened to me it may well have happened to others.

• Hi @woz
    That's interesting. A bit weird, but interesting. We're taking a look.
    Could you try doing it on mobile instead of desktop?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @woz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @woz
    Worked fine for me from an iPhone-but on a related note sometimes it would be useful for a more positive acknowledgment message when entering responses. E.G.recently when changing direct debit date for payment it wasn’t clear whether this had been actioned or not. Next payment date was showing as one month from the original date and when trying to enter again, message indicated less than 30 days elapsed since last change so too soon to try again. So I’m still unsure whether anything has happend or not.
    Hi @woz
    Worked fine for me from an iPhone-but on a related note sometimes it would be useful for a more positive acknowledgment message when entering responses. E.G.recently when changing direct debit date for payment it wasn’t clear whether this had been actioned or not. Next payment date was showing as one month from the original date and when trying to enter again, message indicated less than 30 days elapsed since last change so too soon to try again. So I’m still unsure whether anything has happend or not.

Hi @woz
    Hi Marc, OK, it opened a correctly populated email window on the iphone, for which I then clicked send. - A bit of feedback needed here I think, the original email did not make it clear what should have happened when the graphic was clicked. It really ought to have had an explanation stating it would prepare an email which would then need to be sent. I originally (perhaps stupidly) assumed that clicking it would automatically send the appropriate OK to PP and a web page with a dialogue saying (e.g.)'thank you for submitting your preferences' would appear.

(Putting to one side for the moment, the issue of my c**p computer, was the email tested on multiple platforms?
    I did say being kept in a loop would cause me to disappear up my own wotsit....)
    Hi @woz
    Hi Marc, OK, it opened a correctly populated email window on the iphone, for which I then clicked send. - A bit of feedback needed here I think, the original email did not make it clear what should have happened when the graphic was clicked. It really ought to have had an explanation stating it would prepare an email which would then need to be sent. I originally (perhaps stupidly) assumed that clicking it would automatically send the appropriate OK to PP and a web page with a dialogue saying (e.g.)'thank you for submitting your preferences' would appear.

(Putting to one side for the moment, the issue of my c**p computer, was the email tested on multiple platforms?
    I did say being kept in a loop would cause me to disappear up my own wotsit....)

• Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    haha...too late...
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    haha...too late...