• Incomplete switch

    Help! I switched supplier over 6 months ago. pure Planet said they would take care of everything so once I started paying then I cancelled my direct debit with my previous supplier Solarplicity.

    Then a few weeks later solarplicity sent me a bill.

    I approached pure Planet help service they asked me for meter readings to send to Solarplicity which I sent. they also said they would ask me for photographs of my meter in 7 days but they never did this

    and I'm afraid I forgot all about it after that
    another few weeks passed and on Wednesday I got a letter from my old supplier saying I owe them £504 and I must pay it quickly or they will take legal action then on Saturday I got another letter saying that they are taking legal action and I am responsible for the costs and they're sending somebody around to put in a smart meter but how can they? they are not even my supplier anymore!!
    I have been on hold to solarplicity phone number which is only open from 9 to 5 (and very difficult because I work) and they do not answer the phone and I have tried pure Planet help but they do not respond now - what on earth can I do?
    Tap below to see the best answer
    Last edited by Susi; 21-05-18 at 19:29. Reason: Missing sentence
    0
  • Help! I switched supplier over 6 months ago. pure Planet said they would take care of everything so once I started paying then I cancelled my direct debit with my previous supplier Solarplicity.

    Then a few weeks later solarplicity sent me a bill.

    I approached pure Planet help service they asked me for meter readings to send to Solarplicity which I sent. they also said they would ask me for photographs of my meter in 7 days but they never did this

    and I'm afraid I forgot all about it after that
    another few weeks passed and on Wednesday I got a letter from my old supplier saying I owe them £504 and I must pay it quickly or they will take legal action then on Saturday I got another letter saying that they are taking legal action and I am responsible for the costs and they're sending somebody around to put in a smart meter but how can they? they are not even my supplier anymore!!
    I have been on hold to solarplicity phone number which is only open from 9 to 5 (and very difficult because I work) and they do not answer the phone and I have tried pure Planet help but they do not respond now - what on earth can I do?
    Tap below to see the best answer


  • Best Answer

    Hi Susi,

    You are under no obligation to take a smart meter from them or anyone, or a prepayment meter. If they turn up to install one just ask them to leave. Regarding the switch hopefully one of the community managers will pick up this thread and get the readings sorted, if they have already send them to Solarplicity then it’s solarplicitys problem and not yours.
    Regarding the legal action and responsibility for costs, costs would have to be awarded by the court if they won the case. I have to say it’s pretty awful, nasty letter on Wednesday and a court threat on Saturday. I would probably look for help from the energy ombudsman ?
    Tim
    2
  • Hi Susi,

    You are under no obligation to take a smart meter from them or anyone, or a prepayment meter. If they turn up to install one just ask them to leave. Regarding the switch hopefully one of the community managers will pick up this thread and get the readings sorted, if they have already send them to Solarplicity then it’s solarplicitys problem and not yours.
    Regarding the legal action and responsibility for costs, costs would have to be awarded by the court if they won the case. I have to say it’s pretty awful, nasty letter on Wednesday and a court threat on Saturday. I would probably look for help from the energy ombudsman ?
    Tim


  • Best Answer

    Hi Susi
    Timco is correct, you're under no obligation to have a smart meter in fact E.on have just been made to change the wording on their communications to reflect this.

    I assume you've had bills from PP with your meter readings on etc from the start (or at least from a month after the start). This and print-outs of any emails from PP will be your proof that you've changed suppliers.
    DID YOU GET A FINAL BILL FROM SOLARPLICITY WHEN YOU SWITCHED? DID YOU GET ANY CORRESPONDENCE (e.g. we're sorry to see you go etc.) from Solarplicity when you left them? If you didn't it is possible that you still owe them a small amount or they may similarly owe you. I believe most places won't allow a switch to go ahead if you still owe a large amount (anyone like to confirm this?)
    You now need to get all your evidence together in case this goes to court, and don't ignore it!! read on..
    What I would do as soon as you are able to is to write a letter SEND IT RECORDED DELIVERY to Solarplicity (see below) and also send it by email (with a note on the letter to say it's been sent by email, and a note in the email to say also sent by recorded delivery Royal Mail)
    The letter needs to detail the date of your switch, the meter figures that were used at the point of your switch, (these should be on your first PP bill, if not I'm sure PP will oblige with this info.) and you should if you can include copies of any PP bills and emails.
    For the email you should be able to screenshot the PP stuff and attach it to the email (get someone to show you if you don't know how or ask on here) and you'll need printed copies for the letter.
    You also need to tell them that their action has caused you immense stress (because it obviously has) and that you intend to counter-claim for this and harassment if they don't immediately write to you withdrawing the legal action.
    All the above is predicated on the fact that your switch went ahead as normal, and that you don't really owe them all that money. I can't help with that but I'm sure the team at PP will. Best to check all the facts before you send the letter/email though.
    In the unlikely event it transpires that you do owe them (a lot of) money you will need to write and or email to them offering to pay at least part of it or ask for a payment plan. I mention this because the courts don't take kindly to claims where the person being claimed against has offered to pay. The worst outcome for you will be if you don't take any action, and if it does end up in court you would have to attend or they'll find against you by default
    Solarplcity's details are
    email: theteam@solarplicity.com, there's a complaints procedure document for them HERE Please read it it has other contact info which may be of use.
    It has their postal address on, (and their registered address), the address to write to is Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth WD3 1JE
    Whatever you do don't panic (mr mannering) and don't ignore the threat of legal action. If it turns out to be their error I'd have no hesitation in submitting a formal complaint asking for compensation, but first you need to sort out what's happened and write to them as soon as possible.
    It might also be an idea to seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau.
    I realise all the above seems daunting, sorry!
    All the above is purely my opinion, all contributions welcome!
    4
  • Hi Susi
    Timco is correct, you're under no obligation to have a smart meter in fact E.on have just been made to change the wording on their communications to reflect this.

    I assume you've had bills from PP with your meter readings on etc from the start (or at least from a month after the start). This and print-outs of any emails from PP will be your proof that you've changed suppliers.
    DID YOU GET A FINAL BILL FROM SOLARPLICITY WHEN YOU SWITCHED? DID YOU GET ANY CORRESPONDENCE (e.g. we're sorry to see you go etc.) from Solarplicity when you left them? If you didn't it is possible that you still owe them a small amount or they may similarly owe you. I believe most places won't allow a switch to go ahead if you still owe a large amount (anyone like to confirm this?)
    You now need to get all your evidence together in case this goes to court, and don't ignore it!! read on..
    What I would do as soon as you are able to is to write a letter SEND IT RECORDED DELIVERY to Solarplicity (see below) and also send it by email (with a note on the letter to say it's been sent by email, and a note in the email to say also sent by recorded delivery Royal Mail)
    The letter needs to detail the date of your switch, the meter figures that were used at the point of your switch, (these should be on your first PP bill, if not I'm sure PP will oblige with this info.) and you should if you can include copies of any PP bills and emails.
    For the email you should be able to screenshot the PP stuff and attach it to the email (get someone to show you if you don't know how or ask on here) and you'll need printed copies for the letter.
    You also need to tell them that their action has caused you immense stress (because it obviously has) and that you intend to counter-claim for this and harassment if they don't immediately write to you withdrawing the legal action.
    All the above is predicated on the fact that your switch went ahead as normal, and that you don't really owe them all that money. I can't help with that but I'm sure the team at PP will. Best to check all the facts before you send the letter/email though.
    In the unlikely event it transpires that you do owe them (a lot of) money you will need to write and or email to them offering to pay at least part of it or ask for a payment plan. I mention this because the courts don't take kindly to claims where the person being claimed against has offered to pay. The worst outcome for you will be if you don't take any action, and if it does end up in court you would have to attend or they'll find against you by default
    Solarplcity's details are
    email: theteam@solarplicity.com, there's a complaints procedure document for them HERE Please read it it has other contact info which may be of use.
    It has their postal address on, (and their registered address), the address to write to is Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth WD3 1JE
    Whatever you do don't panic (mr mannering) and don't ignore the threat of legal action. If it turns out to be their error I'd have no hesitation in submitting a formal complaint asking for compensation, but first you need to sort out what's happened and write to them as soon as possible.
    It might also be an idea to seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau.
    I realise all the above seems daunting, sorry!
    All the above is purely my opinion, all contributions welcome!


  • Good reply Woz, all covered there
    1
  • Good reply Woz, all covered there


  • This is really helpful thank you Woz. I will do all you say but how do I get anything out of Pure Planet their Wattbott is silent! I have tried tweeting, and I have sent a personal message to someone called Marco who contacted me after a previous posting and said welcome and I could send him a personal message anytime. Hopefully some human from PP will eventually see this!
    I answer to your question no I don't think I did get a final 'Sorry to see you go' letter from Solarplicity. Originally my supplier was LoCO2 Energy but I have a letter dated 4/5/17 saying Solarplicity had acquired LoCO2 and in very small writing at the bottom that my Direct Debit Payment would soon change from LoCO2 to Solarpicity. But that never happened LoCO2 continued to get their direct debits until their last regular payment 1 day after I had joined PurePlanet. so I honestly don't think I owe them any money at all! I will write to them now and try to phone in the morning - if no joy I will contact ombudsman, Many thanks again, Susi
    0
  • This is really helpful thank you Woz. I will do all you say but how do I get anything out of Pure Planet their Wattbott is silent! I have tried tweeting, and I have sent a personal message to someone called Marco who contacted me after a previous posting and said welcome and I could send him a personal message anytime. Hopefully some human from PP will eventually see this!
    I answer to your question no I don't think I did get a final 'Sorry to see you go' letter from Solarplicity. Originally my supplier was LoCO2 Energy but I have a letter dated 4/5/17 saying Solarplicity had acquired LoCO2 and in very small writing at the bottom that my Direct Debit Payment would soon change from LoCO2 to Solarpicity. But that never happened LoCO2 continued to get their direct debits until their last regular payment 1 day after I had joined PurePlanet. so I honestly don't think I owe them any money at all! I will write to them now and try to phone in the morning - if no joy I will contact ombudsman, Many thanks again, Susi


  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Whatever you do don't panic (mr mannering)
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN
    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Whatever you do don't panic (mr mannering)
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN


  • One more thing - how do you get to see your bill? I don't get paper ones, I have searched 'my account' in the app but I can't work it out!
    0
  • One more thing - how do you get to see your bill? I don't get paper ones, I have searched 'my account' in the app but I can't work it out!


  • Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    This is really helpful thank you Woz. I will do all you say but how do I get anything out of Pure Planet their Wattbott is silent! I have tried tweeting, and I have sent a personal message to someone called Marco who contacted me after a previous posting and said welcome and I could send him a personal message anytime. Hopefully some human from PP will eventually see this!
    Susi Did you send a message to the team on wattbot? In any event I'm sure PP will pick this up and contact you; have you checked your personal messages and emails (make sure there aren't any replies in your junk/spam folders).
    It's also getting much more complicated regarding any contract or agreement with with Solarplicity, if there is one? Were LoCO2 taken over before or after you switched, and if it was before do you have all the correspondence they sent you when they were taken over?
    Also (thanks Timco) Have a look HERE

    - - - Updated - - -

    As far as I know you can't see your bills on the app, maybe that will come with a later update.
    You should have received bills by email with the subject line "Your monthly statement is ready" from "no-reply@purepla.net"
    There is a pdf bill attached to the email.
    Have you had no email bills for 5 months?
    Also I've just given this more thought, (my brain works slowly), is it possible that the Direct Debits you continued to pay to LoCO2 never made it through to Solarplicity and ended up in some black hole? Any DD's taken by LoCO2 presumably should have gone to Solarplicity, it wasn't a takeover it was effectively a rebranding/name change of LoCo2 to Solarplicity I think??? You said Solar should have taken over the DD's but didn't? If that's the case you may well (as far as Solar 's perspective is concerned, but not that it's necessarily your fault) owe them some relatively large sum. Did you ever agree to a DD with Solar? I'm not sure how to unravel this, you may well end up reclaiming any DD's which were claimed by LoCO2, (but which should have been paid to Solar), from your bank. This is something you also need to cover in your letter to Solarplicity before you take any action.I would have thought that as it wasn't a takeover as far as I can tall, Solar should have your payments. I hope this extra thought hasn't overcomplicated things.
    Last edited by woz; 22-05-18 at 01:54.
    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by Susi View Post
    This is really helpful thank you Woz. I will do all you say but how do I get anything out of Pure Planet their Wattbott is silent! I have tried tweeting, and I have sent a personal message to someone called Marco who contacted me after a previous posting and said welcome and I could send him a personal message anytime. Hopefully some human from PP will eventually see this!
    Susi Did you send a message to the team on wattbot? In any event I'm sure PP will pick this up and contact you; have you checked your personal messages and emails (make sure there aren't any replies in your junk/spam folders).
    It's also getting much more complicated regarding any contract or agreement with with Solarplicity, if there is one? Were LoCO2 taken over before or after you switched, and if it was before do you have all the correspondence they sent you when they were taken over?
    Also (thanks Timco) Have a look HERE

    - - - Updated - - -

    As far as I know you can't see your bills on the app, maybe that will come with a later update.
    You should have received bills by email with the subject line "Your monthly statement is ready" from "no-reply@purepla.net"
    There is a pdf bill attached to the email.
    Have you had no email bills for 5 months?
    Also I've just given this more thought, (my brain works slowly), is it possible that the Direct Debits you continued to pay to LoCO2 never made it through to Solarplicity and ended up in some black hole? Any DD's taken by LoCO2 presumably should have gone to Solarplicity, it wasn't a takeover it was effectively a rebranding/name change of LoCo2 to Solarplicity I think??? You said Solar should have taken over the DD's but didn't? If that's the case you may well (as far as Solar 's perspective is concerned, but not that it's necessarily your fault) owe them some relatively large sum. Did you ever agree to a DD with Solar? I'm not sure how to unravel this, you may well end up reclaiming any DD's which were claimed by LoCO2, (but which should have been paid to Solar), from your bank. This is something you also need to cover in your letter to Solarplicity before you take any action.I would have thought that as it wasn't a takeover as far as I can tall, Solar should have your payments. I hope this extra thought hasn't overcomplicated things.


  • Hi @Susi
    Just to say I'm flagging this up with our services team and it will get sorted.
    You have indeed been with us since January. Your monthly statements are sent by email. The first one will have arrived a day after your first month anniversary - a month after your switch date. And then on the same date every month.
    WattBot isn't a live-chat, but the service team will have received it. They answer within a working day.
    But what I'll do is ask them to take a look first thing.

    I think it's likely that your previous supplier is disputing your opening reading.
    Can you please check your email inbox to see if you have anything from us asking you for a new meter reading? (the email may be in a 'spam' or 'promotions' folder.
    Also - have you been sending us meter readings every month? Because those will help.
    Anyway please don't worry - someone from the service team will explain this (and they'll also have access to your account so they'll be able to see exactly what's happening).
    Thanks @woz and @Timco for helping out. You guys are completely right about not having to accept the smart meter 👍
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

    1
  • Hi @Susi
    Just to say I'm flagging this up with our services team and it will get sorted.
    You have indeed been with us since January. Your monthly statements are sent by email. The first one will have arrived a day after your first month anniversary - a month after your switch date. And then on the same date every month.
    WattBot isn't a live-chat, but the service team will have received it. They answer within a working day.
    But what I'll do is ask them to take a look first thing.

    I think it's likely that your previous supplier is disputing your opening reading.
    Can you please check your email inbox to see if you have anything from us asking you for a new meter reading? (the email may be in a 'spam' or 'promotions' folder.
    Also - have you been sending us meter readings every month? Because those will help.
    Anyway please don't worry - someone from the service team will explain this (and they'll also have access to your account so they'll be able to see exactly what's happening).
    Thanks @woz and @Timco for helping out. You guys are completely right about not having to accept the smart meter 👍
    Community Manager - Pure Planet



  • I'm currently in the process of switching from Solarplicity to Pure Planet. I fully expect it to go t*ts up, as Solarplicity are so relentlessly incompetant I began to suspect they are an online scam, although the Energy Ombudsman assures me they do have an Ofgem supply license.
    When I initially switched *to* Solarplicity, they didn't meter or bill me for 7 months, and my previous supplier wasn't able to process my leaving for 6 months because Solarplicity didn't do their side of the admin.
    I wouldn't sweat it: just send a complaint email to Solarplicity (they won't reply), then complain to the Ombudsman who will likely award you some cash.
    0
  • I'm currently in the process of switching from Solarplicity to Pure Planet. I fully expect it to go t*ts up, as Solarplicity are so relentlessly incompetant I began to suspect they are an online scam, although the Energy Ombudsman assures me they do have an Ofgem supply license.
    When I initially switched *to* Solarplicity, they didn't meter or bill me for 7 months, and my previous supplier wasn't able to process my leaving for 6 months because Solarplicity didn't do their side of the admin.
    I wouldn't sweat it: just send a complaint email to Solarplicity (they won't reply), then complain to the Ombudsman who will likely award you some cash.


  • Quote Originally Posted by feline1 View Post
    I fully expect it to go t*ts up
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN
    0
  • Quote Originally Posted by feline1 View Post
    I fully expect it to go t*ts up
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN


  • haha behave! did you know it was military slang for "Total Inability To Support Usual Performance" and has absolutely nothing to do with small birds of the genus Cyanistes caeruleus.
    Talking of which it was bl**dy cold this morning...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    ���������������� ���������������� ��������
    1
  • haha behave! did you know it was military slang for "Total Inability To Support Usual Performance" and has absolutely nothing to do with small birds of the genus Cyanistes caeruleus.
    Talking of which it was bl**dy cold this morning...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    ���������������� ���������������� ��������


  • Absolute Tundra our Woz ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🙀, and you learn something new every day! 🙀👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN
    0
  • Absolute Tundra our Woz ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️🙀, and you learn something new every day! 🙀👍
    Peace is always beautiful.

    WALT WHITMAN