• The Last movie you watched

Similar to the TV bingeing thread, what was the last movie you saw?

We don't go to the cinema much these days and any films are watched in house (usually over two days as er-indoors falls asleep!!). But I watched Threads last night on my own. A Documentry style film from 1984, set in Sheffield and the effects of a nuclear attack. It's grim and quote scary - but makes you think!

I'm now researching "do I need planning permission for a nuclear bunker". Perhaps I should head back to the DIY Thread?

Name:  250px-Threadsmoviecover.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  20.9 KB
  • Similar to the TV bingeing thread, what was the last movie you saw?

We don't go to the cinema much these days and any films are watched in house (usually over two days as er-indoors falls asleep!!). But I watched Threads last night on my own. A Documentry style film from 1984, set in Sheffield and the effects of a nuclear attack. It's grim and quote scary - but makes you think!

I'm now researching "do I need planning permission for a nuclear bunker". Perhaps I should head back to the DIY Thread?

Name:  250px-Threadsmoviecover.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  20.9 KB
  • Spooky Jowl, cos just noticed my favourite scary film, The Hand that rocks the cradle, is on channel five tonight. I came on here and was gonna post it in TV thread, then bugger me, you’ve started this πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, so altho a tad premature, the last movie I watched (is about to be πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚), The Hand that rocks the cradle! Such a scary film, but soooooo superb!

​​​​​​​Name:  620E4E52-0E88-419C-98C0-62F50DF478FE.gif
Views: 16
Size:  1.55 MB
    But, my honest answer, is The Shallows, with Blake Lively. What a terrific awesome film! She is beyond superb in that πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spooky Jowl, cos just noticed my favourite scary film, The Hand that rocks the cradle, is on channel five tonight. I came on here and was gonna post it in TV thread, then bugger me, you’ve started this πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘, so altho a tad premature, the last movie I watched (is about to be πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚), The Hand that rocks the cradle! Such a scary film, but soooooo superb!

​​​​​​​Name:  620E4E52-0E88-419C-98C0-62F50DF478FE.gif
Views: 16
Size:  1.55 MB
    But, my honest answer, is The Shallows, with Blake Lively. What a terrific awesome film! She is beyond superb in that πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Nice thread @Jowl 😁
    The last movie I watched is Rocketman (Elton John bio). It was, meh, okay.... Felt it was a bit of a copy of the Freddie Mercury bio Bohemian Rhapsody, which is brilliant.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Nice thread @Jowl 😁
    The last movie I watched is Rocketman (Elton John bio). It was, meh, okay.... Felt it was a bit of a copy of the Freddie Mercury bio Bohemian Rhapsody, which is brilliant.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I finally got round to watching The Last Jedi this weekend, to make sure I can see The Rise of Skywalker when it comes out at Christmas!

Now I can watch the latest trailers, too 😎

It was better than I expected it to be! I thought they've added a lot more humour than the classic Star Wars films had (I guess due to Disney's influence?) and maybe trying to appeal to young kids a bit more?

Definitely doesn't have the same feel as the originals. But still, something about when that soundtrack kicks in is unbeatable πŸ˜ƒ

(Personally, of the new era in Star Wars I actually think Rogue One has been the best so far) πŸ’«
  • I finally got round to watching The Last Jedi this weekend, to make sure I can see The Rise of Skywalker when it comes out at Christmas!

Now I can watch the latest trailers, too 😎

It was better than I expected it to be! I thought they've added a lot more humour than the classic Star Wars films had (I guess due to Disney's influence?) and maybe trying to appeal to young kids a bit more?

Definitely doesn't have the same feel as the originals. But still, something about when that soundtrack kicks in is unbeatable πŸ˜ƒ

(Personally, of the new era in Star Wars I actually think Rogue One has been the best so far) πŸ’«
  • Agreed on Rogue One Nataly. I think the Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars film ever. I dunno whether it's the killing off my childhood that gets to me. I enjoyed the Force awakens though.
  • Agreed on Rogue One Nataly. I think the Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars film ever. I dunno whether it's the killing off my childhood that gets to me. I enjoyed the Force awakens though.