• I have already got a smets2 set of meters recently fitted by my previous supplier
    Will they have to be replaced or on the assumption thatst they work, Can these meters be involved in early trials ??
  • I have already got a smets2 set of meters recently fitted by my previous supplier
    Will they have to be replaced or on the assumption thatst they work, Can these meters be involved in early trials ??

• Hi @Aldon
    Welcome to the community!
    Cheers for the post
    Lucky you! Yes these will work, and I'll definitely make a note of this.
    Did you find the SMETS2 meters useful?
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Aldon
    Cheers for the post
    Lucky you! Yes these will work, and I'll definitely make a note of this.
    Did you find the SMETS2 meters useful?

• Hello Marc,

I would also like to take part in the beta test if possible. Fed up having to rummage around for the meter panel key.
  • Hello Marc,

I would also like to take part in the beta test if possible. Fed up having to rummage around for the meter panel key.

• Thanks @Bojangles
    I know the feeling.... It's never where it's supposed to be, is it?
    Nice one for putting yourself forward

• Thanks @Bojangles
    I know the feeling.... It's never where it's supposed to be, is it?
    Nice one for putting yourself forward

• Do we need to register for a smart reader?
  • Do we need to register for a smart reader?

• Hi @Lynk
    Not yet. As soon as there's a update on smart meters I'll be posting it in the community

Quote Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
    Do we need to register for a smart reader?

• Hi @Lynk
    Not yet. As soon as there's a update on smart meters I'll be posting it in the community

Quote Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
    Do we need to register for a smart reader?

• Hi Marc,

Could I be considered for the new meters when they go out for the trials. Like your other customers have pointed out what is the point of using old technology. So glad we swapped to Pure Planet from British Gas.
  • Hi Marc,

Could I be considered for the new meters when they go out for the trials. Like your other customers have pointed out what is the point of using old technology. So glad we swapped to Pure Planet from British Gas.

• Thanks @Boatie70
    Welcome to the community
    Nice one

• Thanks @Boatie70
    Welcome to the community
    Nice one

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @NeilV
    Fantastic feedback
    Thanks very much that's exactly the sort of stuff we're looking for

Last question from me. We think all that smart info belongs in the app, rather than a separate device display which is sat on your kitchen counter. Do you agree?
    Hi Marc, are you considering CADs as well as IHDs? I think I’m right in saying it’s a SMICOP requirement to offer one
    Hi @NeilV
    Fantastic feedback
    Thanks very much that's exactly the sort of stuff we're looking for

Last question from me. We think all that smart info belongs in the app, rather than a separate device display which is sat on your kitchen counter. Do you agree?
    Hi Marc, are you considering CADs as well as IHDs? I think I’m right in saying it’s a SMICOP requirement to offer one

• Hi @Strat fan
    Nice one for getting stuck in

The SMICOP (smart meter installation code of practise, for the benefit of other members reading/following this thread) - link to the code as a PDF here - doesn't cover CADs (consumer access device) as separate to IHDs (in-home display).
    A briefing for the energy industry on CADs suggests, however, that they could be different.

We're thinking that our app will effectively be our members' CADs
    Plus your phone's always with you, so you'd be able to monitor from anywhere.

It's great that you're into this. Out of curiosity, what are your expectations about what a smart meter will give you? Is there anything specific that you want to see?

• Hi @Strat fan

The SMICOP (smart meter installation code of practise, for the benefit of other members reading/following this thread) - link to the code as a PDF here - doesn't cover CADs (consumer access device) as separate to IHDs (in-home display).
    A briefing for the energy industry on CADs suggests, however, that they could be different.

It's great that you're into this. Out of curiosity, what are your expectations about what a smart meter will give you? Is there anything specific that you want to see?

Hi @Strat fan

Hi Marc, I had a smart meter from OVO installed about 2 years ago, the IHD never reset each month and only ever increased, so I put it in a drawer. Being a proud Yorkshireman, I’m inherently tight, so don’t need an IHD to help me save money. I’m mostly indifferent to Smart, I’m not likely to get a zigbee enabled smart fridge anytime soon and imagine the buzz will die down until the 2020 deadline looms and it’s nowhere near hit.
    Hi @Strat fan

Hi Marc, I had a smart meter from OVO installed about 2 years ago, the IHD never reset each month and only ever increased, so I put it in a drawer. Being a proud Yorkshireman, I’m inherently tight, so don’t need an IHD to help me save money. I’m mostly indifferent to Smart, I’m not likely to get a zigbee enabled smart fridge anytime soon and imagine the buzz will die down until the 2020 deadline looms and it’s nowhere near hit.

• Quote Originally Posted by Strat fan View Post
    Being a proud Yorkshireman, I’m inherently tight, so don’t need an IHD to help me save money.

• Quote Originally Posted by Strat fan View Post
    Being a proud Yorkshireman, I’m inherently tight, so don’t need an IHD to help me save money.

• Already have a smart meter from npower. Will it be compatible?
  • Already have a smart meter from npower. Will it be compatible?

• Hi @Cathy2018
    If it's a SMETS1 meter (1st generation) then no, because these only work with the supplier which installs them.
    Here's a thread on how to read it
    Does that help?

• Hi @Cathy2018
    If it's a SMETS1 meter (1st generation) then no, because these only work with the supplier which installs them.
    Here's a thread on how to read it
    Does that help?

• Quote Originally Posted by Cathy2018 View Post
    Already have a smart meter from npower. Will it be compatible?
    That is incredibly difficult to answer accurately as there are so many variables.
    There is a really interesting website HERE, if you have a look you'll see why it's so hard to answer.
    I've asked them if it's possible to identify what type of meter one has by interrogating it. I suspect their reply will be of little practical use but we shall see.

This is an excerpt from that website:
    "Does my SMETS1 meters have to be replaced?

In early 2018 the government and industry agreed to build interfaces which allow the earlier SMETS1 Smart Meters to be moved to the new DCC system supporting SMETS2 meters. This means that, although you may have lost Smart functionally when you changed supplier, when it is enrolled into the new DCC system that functionally will come back, and you’ll be able to change suppliers without technical problems. The process of moving the meters across system is called
    enrolment and adoption.

It seems to me that as things stand at the moment the rollout of smart meters is a mess, it's going to take a good few years to sort it out until it's consumer fit and friendly.
    Last edited by woz; 17-08-18 at 15:08. Reason: mitosis
  • Quote Originally Posted by Cathy2018 View Post
    Already have a smart meter from npower. Will it be compatible?
    That is incredibly difficult to answer accurately as there are so many variables.
    There is a really interesting website HERE, if you have a look you'll see why it's so hard to answer.
    I've asked them if it's possible to identify what type of meter one has by interrogating it. I suspect their reply will be of little practical use but we shall see.

This is an excerpt from that website:
    "Does my SMETS1 meters have to be replaced?

In early 2018 the government and industry agreed to build interfaces which allow the earlier SMETS1 Smart Meters to be moved to the new DCC system supporting SMETS2 meters. This means that, although you may have lost Smart functionally when you changed supplier, when it is enrolled into the new DCC system that functionally will come back, and you’ll be able to change suppliers without technical problems. The process of moving the meters across system is called
    enrolment and adoption.

It seems to me that as things stand at the moment the rollout of smart meters is a mess, it's going to take a good few years to sort it out until it's consumer fit and friendly.

• Hello,
    I have just started a switch from EDF Energy and I have a SMETS2 meter. Will this be smart immediately or will I need to be added to the pilot?
    Thanks
  • Hello,
    I have just started a switch from EDF Energy and I have a SMETS2 meter. Will this be smart immediately or will I need to be added to the pilot?
    Thanks

• Hey fro
    Once PP start using the smart meter readings then it should be smart again. Lucky you.
  • Hey fro
    Once PP start using the smart meter readings then it should be smart again. Lucky you.

• Hello @FRO
    Nice one for switching! Welcome
    The reply you've had from @Jon1 is spot on

• Hello @FRO
    Nice one for switching! Welcome
    The reply you've had from @Jon1 is spot on

• Hi, I'm not yet a customer, but hope to be soon. Will it be possible for customers to read the meter readings electronically, either directly from the meter or via an API, so that the readings can be fed to home automation systems? Also, I already have solar PV, would your meters record the solar output?
  • Hi, I'm not yet a customer, but hope to be soon. Will it be possible for customers to read the meter readings electronically, either directly from the meter or via an API, so that the readings can be fed to home automation systems? Also, I already have solar PV, would your meters record the solar output?

• hello Bernie
    All of that depends on the implementation PP decide upon when SM's are rolled out, also as far as I know PP at present don't support F.I.T's, (although it is possible in theory for SM's to register the energy produced)
    It would be useful to be able to access the meter via an app. (did you mean app or api?)
    I'm sure someone from PP will be along here shortly with more details if there are any to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

hi Marc, I tried (many times) to get this to show as a separate reply to your post but it always ended up as an update in this post (although it is relevant to the post but grrr...

One of the links in the post above doesn't seem to be working (for me) so I've attached what I think is the file to which it refers here.
    (I had to do a bit of guessing so apologies if it's the wrong document - let me know)
    SMART DATA BRIEFING PAPER.pdf
    Last edited by woz; 28-08-18 at 00:58.
  • hello Bernie
    All of that depends on the implementation PP decide upon when SM's are rolled out, also as far as I know PP at present don't support F.I.T's, (although it is possible in theory for SM's to register the energy produced)
    It would be useful to be able to access the meter via an app. (did you mean app or api?)
    I'm sure someone from PP will be along here shortly with more details if there are any to be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

hi Marc, I tried (many times) to get this to show as a separate reply to your post but it always ended up as an update in this post (although it is relevant to the post but grrr...

One of the links in the post above doesn't seem to be working (for me) so I've attached what I think is the file to which it refers here.
    (I had to do a bit of guessing so apologies if it's the wrong document - let me know)
    SMART DATA BRIEFING PAPER.pdf