Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  • How to change your Pure Planet Community editing preferences

Nice one for getting stuck in to the Pure Planet community.

There are several features you can switch on, or off, to make your experience just how you want it.

This will allow you to add photos, emojis and choose a profile photo, and even get my secret link to see a stream of the latest threads and replies posted by community members.

How do I add extra profile info and a photo?

Ensure you’re logged in!

On mobile tap on the small envelope icon in the top right, as circled in red here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile envelope.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	635

This opens your direct messages but also gives you access to your settings. Tap on settings, and then scroll down to ‘profile’ - this is where you can tell the community a bit more about yourself, such as your interests, and hometown.
    And if you keep scrolling down you’ll also see ‘edit avatar’ where you add a nice photo to your profile. Remember that the photo must be no bigger than 80x80 pixels .

On desktop, hover your mouse over the wheel cog in the top right and choose ‘settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    Then click on edit profile and edit avatar in the left hand column.

How do I switch notifications on or off?

There are different notification options to choose from.

Go to Settings > General Settings.

In 'Default Thread Following Mode' you can choose what happens when someone replies to a thread you posted in. There is an option to get an email instantly, as a daily round-up, as a weekly round-up, or turn them off.

In the 'Private Messaging' section you can choose to get an email every time someone sends you a Direct Message in the community - that way you'll never miss it.

Finally, you can also tick a 'receive notifications' box every time someone likes one of your posts.

How do I give another member a ‘like’ or choose their post as the Best Answer?

This is a great way of giving other members recognition and thanks for their contribution to the community. You can give someone’s post a like by tapping/clicking on the ‘thumbs-up’ icon.

If you have started a new thread with a specific question, and another member gives you an awesome reply, you can give them extra kudos by picking it as the ‘Best Answer’. This gives the member an almighty pat on the back, and also helps out other members as it clearly shows everyone which answer was the right one.

Only the thread’s creator (and community managers) can choose Best Answers.

How do I get an advanced editing mode?

You can change your default 'editor interface' by clicking on settings (on desktop this is the cog wheel at top right of homepage, whilst in mobile it's the envelope in top right) scroll down and choose 'General settings'.

Then scroll down to the very bottom and choose 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' and then tap/click on save changes.

It looks like this:

Name:  post settings in profile general settings.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  165.5 KB

Where can I find the latest Pure Planet Community activity feed?

If you’re looking for the latest activity within a specific section, simply click on the board title, for example ‘Ask the Community’ and you’ll be taken to a page which displays replies and new threads, ordered by most recent first.

To see all latest posts - be they replies or new threads, go to this latest activity page If it’s useful you could consider bookmarking it

That’s it for now. Is there anything else you'd like to know about the community settings? Let me know in the replies.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Marc; 10-10-18 at 16:06. Reason: Adding info about notifications
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Nice one for getting stuck in to the Pure Planet community.

There are several features you can switch on, or off, to make your experience just how you want it.

This will allow you to add photos, emojis and choose a profile photo, and even get my secret link to see a stream of the latest threads and replies posted by community members.

How do I add extra profile info and a photo?

Ensure you’re logged in!

On mobile tap on the small envelope icon in the top right, as circled in red here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile envelope.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	635

This opens your direct messages but also gives you access to your settings. Tap on settings, and then scroll down to ‘profile’ - this is where you can tell the community a bit more about yourself, such as your interests, and hometown.
    And if you keep scrolling down you’ll also see ‘edit avatar’ where you add a nice photo to your profile. Remember that the photo must be no bigger than 80x80 pixels .

On desktop, hover your mouse over the wheel cog in the top right and choose ‘settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    Then click on edit profile and edit avatar in the left hand column.

How do I switch notifications on or off?

There are different notification options to choose from.

Go to Settings > General Settings.

In 'Default Thread Following Mode' you can choose what happens when someone replies to a thread you posted in. There is an option to get an email instantly, as a daily round-up, as a weekly round-up, or turn them off.

In the 'Private Messaging' section you can choose to get an email every time someone sends you a Direct Message in the community - that way you'll never miss it.

Finally, you can also tick a 'receive notifications' box every time someone likes one of your posts.

How do I give another member a ‘like’ or choose their post as the Best Answer?

This is a great way of giving other members recognition and thanks for their contribution to the community. You can give someone’s post a like by tapping/clicking on the ‘thumbs-up’ icon.

If you have started a new thread with a specific question, and another member gives you an awesome reply, you can give them extra kudos by picking it as the ‘Best Answer’. This gives the member an almighty pat on the back, and also helps out other members as it clearly shows everyone which answer was the right one.

Only the thread’s creator (and community managers) can choose Best Answers.

How do I get an advanced editing mode?

You can change your default 'editor interface' by clicking on settings (on desktop this is the cog wheel at top right of homepage, whilst in mobile it's the envelope in top right) scroll down and choose 'General settings'.

Then scroll down to the very bottom and choose 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' and then tap/click on save changes.

It looks like this:

Name:  post settings in profile general settings.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  165.5 KB

Where can I find the latest Pure Planet Community activity feed?

If you’re looking for the latest activity within a specific section, simply click on the board title, for example ‘Ask the Community’ and you’ll be taken to a page which displays replies and new threads, ordered by most recent first.

To see all latest posts - be they replies or new threads, go to this latest activity page If it’s useful you could consider bookmarking it

That’s it for now. Is there anything else you'd like to know about the community settings? Let me know in the replies.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Community Manager - Pure Planet