• What's the point?

What's the point of submitting readings if you ignore them and use estimates?
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • What's the point of submitting readings if you ignore them and use estimates?
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike72 View Post
    Just received a email asking me to waste my time submitting my readings that won't be used. Well, I won't be wasting my time
    I have an email every month on 29th 30th, asking me to submit readings by the 1st. Had email yesterday (30th), took my readings and submitted them this evening (31st) and will be guaranteed an email tomorrow (1st) confirming my bill, which will match my readings exactly and be spot on to the penny 👍👏.

Same every month, so I don’t think you’ll be wasting your time, Mike.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Mike72 View Post
    Just received a email asking me to waste my time submitting my readings that won't be used. Well, I won't be wasting my time
    I have an email every month on 29th 30th, asking me to submit readings by the 1st. Had email yesterday (30th), took my readings and submitted them this evening (31st) and will be guaranteed an email tomorrow (1st) confirming my bill, which will match my readings exactly and be spot on to the penny 👍👏.

Same every month, so I don’t think you’ll be wasting your time, Mike.
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN

• I guess you mean that on your bill the final reading given is always an estimate. Myself i can see your point however the reading given is estimated upwards to the billing date.
    I.E. reading on 6th is 35250
    Bill on 10th estimated at 35350.
    This can be a bit confusing but is just a mechanism to make bills more accurate every month.
  • I guess you mean that on your bill the final reading given is always an estimate. Myself i can see your point however the reading given is estimated upwards to the billing date.
    I.E. reading on 6th is 35250
    Bill on 10th estimated at 35350.
    This can be a bit confusing but is just a mechanism to make bills more accurate every month.

• I got confused at the begining as well. I still think that readings are useful and PP will theoretically re adjust your DD if your real usage is significantly above or below the estimate.
  • I got confused at the begining as well. I still think that readings are useful and PP will theoretically re adjust your DD if your real usage is significantly above or below the estimate.

• Hi @Mike72
    Thanks for your post.
    The replies from @Gabolino and @Jon1 are really good - thanks for jumping in guys 🙏

No energy company is legally allowed to see your energy spend until after you join.
    So to start with they're calculated using historical data and estimates provided by you.
    Then with regular meter readings submitted by members we can review usage periodically and adjust.
    But if you want us to take a look at your monthly Direct Debit payments now, you can contact the team via the app. Go to 'Help' and type 'Message the team'.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Mike72
    Thanks for your post.
    The replies from @Gabolino and @Jon1 are really good - thanks for jumping in guys 🙏

No energy company is legally allowed to see your energy spend until after you join.
    So to start with they're calculated using historical data and estimates provided by you.
    Then with regular meter readings submitted by members we can review usage periodically and adjust.
    But if you want us to take a look at your monthly Direct Debit payments now, you can contact the team via the app. Go to 'Help' and type 'Message the team'.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• hi
    If it's any help my bills have so far used the readings I submitted.

I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that my readings were used as they were submitted fairly close to the bill production deadline, and I half expected an estimate.

If you think the estimate is way off course (and I think that in most cases it won't be unless there's a late extreme weather event ) you can always sent a message via help in the app and a correction can be applied if necessary.
  • hi
    If it's any help my bills have so far used the readings I submitted.

I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that my readings were used as they were submitted fairly close to the bill production deadline, and I half expected an estimate.

If you think the estimate is way off course (and I think that in most cases it won't be unless there's a late extreme weather event ) you can always sent a message via help in the app and a correction can be applied if necessary.

• Just received a email asking me to waste my time submitting my readings that won't be used. Well, I won't be wasting my time
  • Just received a email asking me to waste my time submitting my readings that won't be used. Well, I won't be wasting my time