• Volkswagen's new electric camper van

Volkswagen has unveiled their new camper van. What do you think?

Name:  new VW van.png
Views: 6042
Size:  584.8 KB

It's certainly a modern twist on the original design. It’s 100% electric and will be available to buy in 2022. Its full name is the ID Buzz.

It’s part of the company's wider plan to release 30 electric vehicles by 2025. The Buzz will have a range of 300 miles and it will charge to 80% in 30 minutes. Not bad at all. Take a look at City AM’s report here.

Does it capture the original essence in your view? Do you have a camper van? Where do you take it? Let’s share some holiday ideas.
    Last edited by Toby; 21-08-17 at 16:22.
  • Volkswagen has unveiled their new camper van. What do you think?

Name:  new VW van.png
Views: 6042
Size:  584.8 KB

It's certainly a modern twist on the original design. It’s 100% electric and will be available to buy in 2022. Its full name is the ID Buzz.

It’s part of the company's wider plan to release 30 electric vehicles by 2025. The Buzz will have a range of 300 miles and it will charge to 80% in 30 minutes. Not bad at all. Take a look at City AM’s report here.

Does it capture the original essence in your view? Do you have a camper van? Where do you take it? Let’s share some holiday ideas.
  • Ohh! I love the design of ID Buzz @Toby, I am such a fan of Volkswagen's cars! I remember going on family vacation with my dad's old beetle back in Brazil, and than later we had a Kombi Van to fit everyone it!

I will share the news with him, I am sure he will love it as much as I do!
    Last edited by carlaarend; 23-08-17 at 11:46.
  • Ohh! I love the design of ID Buzz @Toby, I am such a fan of Volkswagen's cars! I remember going on family vacation with my dad's old beetle back in Brazil, and than later we had a Kombi Van to fit everyone it!

I will share the news with him, I am sure he will love it as much as I do!
  • Have you told your dad about the ID Buzz yet @carlaarend? What does he think?
  • Have you told your dad about the ID Buzz yet @carlaarend? What does he think?
  • I don't dislike it, but I don't think it quite has the iconic charm of the original in the way that the new fiat 500 and the mini to a lesser extent did manage to capture the charm of their predecessors.
    Perhaps it needs a more retro colour scheme?
  • I don't dislike it, but I don't think it quite has the iconic charm of the original in the way that the new fiat 500 and the mini to a lesser extent did manage to capture the charm of their predecessors.
    Perhaps it needs a more retro colour scheme?
  • I think it looks awesome. Totally fits into the sleek & clean Star Trek future I hope we’ll get, as opposed to the horrendous Blade Runner one I fear we’re falling into.
  • I think it looks awesome. Totally fits into the sleek & clean Star Trek future I hope we’ll get, as opposed to the horrendous Blade Runner one I fear we’re falling into.
  • The colour kills it for me..on the other hand if they were to offer..
    I can dream...
    Name:  vw colours.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  55.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterFish View Post
    I think it looks awesome. Totally fits into the sleek & clean Star Trek future I hope we’ll get, as opposed to the horrendous Blade Runner one I fear we’re falling into.
  • The colour kills it for me..on the other hand if they were to offer..
    I can dream...
    Name:  vw colours.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  55.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterFish View Post
    I think it looks awesome. Totally fits into the sleek & clean Star Trek future I hope we’ll get, as opposed to the horrendous Blade Runner one I fear we’re falling into.
  • Quote Originally Posted by SinisterFish View Post
    In related (sort of) news, I only recently saw Bladerunner 2049 the other day.
    Wow! Stunning film. Scary vision of the future, too.
    Seen it @woz ? I think you'd like it
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by SinisterFish View Post
    In related (sort of) news, I only recently saw Bladerunner 2049 the other day.
    Wow! Stunning film. Scary vision of the future, too.
    Seen it @woz ? I think you'd like it

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Is it a bit like The Railway Children? 🚂💕😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Is it a bit like The Railway Children? 🚂💕😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • @Toby, it does look "cool", especially those wheels

Have they put batteries into every free spare space like under seats / cupboards etc?
  • @Toby, it does look "cool", especially those wheels

Have they put batteries into every free spare space like under seats / cupboards etc?
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Is it a bit like The Railway Children?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	384 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	1337

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Is it a bit like The Railway Children?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	384 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	1337

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I didn't get where @Bev was going with that one either?
  • I didn't get where @Bev was going with that one either?
  • loved the original, not seen 2049 yet but I will...I don’t remember replicants in the Railway Children .. on the other hand those kids were a bit scary...
  • loved the original, not seen 2049 yet but I will...I don’t remember replicants in the Railway Children .. on the other hand those kids were a bit scary...
  • Sooooooooo my favourite film 💕🚂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • Sooooooooo my favourite film 💕🚂😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • @Bev, what, Bladerunner 2049?....... I've got it wrong again haven't I
  • @Bev, what, Bladerunner 2049?....... I've got it wrong again haven't I
  • Noooooooo, I hardly do films tbh our Gil, so seen hardly any. Think in Spotlight I mentioned my all time fave film being the gorgeous original Railway Vhildren, so when Marc asked if seen Blade thingy, I said ......

never mind 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PS Get nominating yourself for Spotlight! 👍

WALT WHITMAN
  • Noooooooo, I hardly do films tbh our Gil, so seen hardly any. Think in Spotlight I mentioned my all time fave film being the gorgeous original Railway Vhildren, so when Marc asked if seen Blade thingy, I said ......

never mind 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PS Get nominating yourself for Spotlight! 👍

WALT WHITMAN
    .....my all time fave film being the gorgeous original Railway Vhildren,
    LOL, that must be the German version
    .....my all time fave film being the gorgeous original Railway Vhildren,
    LOL, that must be the German version
  • LOL SOOOOO much, damn typos 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂