• Adding multiple properties to your Pure Planet app

Name:  Takeaway coffee cup and mobile.PNG
Views: 740
Size:  634.4 KB

Hi everyone

We’re kicking off some work to introduce a new feature which many of you have been asking for - adding multiple properties to your Pure Planet account.

This will be really useful for parents and anyone would like to manage accounts for their relatives. It will also come in handy for landlords and people with holiday homes - lucky them!

Currently we have a small number of members who have switched to Pure Planet for two or more properties by using different email accounts, and having to log in and out of the app each time.

This new feature will allow you to manage different addresses under one login and one dashboard within the app.

If this interests you then you can help us.

We’re currently working through all the ‘use cases’ of this new feature. We’ve done lots of work already but it’s possible that we haven’t thought of everything! Some of the challenges and scenarios we’re looking at:

How to get regular meter readings if the second property is too far away to travel to regularly (our smart meters when we roll them out will help with this, of course)

Can landlords rely on tenants to provide opening meter readings?

If your relative is elderly, will they be able to check a meter for you if you can’t get to their home?

You may have other questions. Let’s have them!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Name:  Takeaway coffee cup and mobile.PNG
Views: 740
Size:  634.4 KB

Hi everyone

We’re kicking off some work to introduce a new feature which many of you have been asking for - adding multiple properties to your Pure Planet account.

This will be really useful for parents and anyone would like to manage accounts for their relatives. It will also come in handy for landlords and people with holiday homes - lucky them!

Currently we have a small number of members who have switched to Pure Planet for two or more properties by using different email accounts, and having to log in and out of the app each time.

This new feature will allow you to manage different addresses under one login and one dashboard within the app.

If this interests you then you can help us.

We’re currently working through all the ‘use cases’ of this new feature. We’ve done lots of work already but it’s possible that we haven’t thought of everything! Some of the challenges and scenarios we’re looking at:

How to get regular meter readings if the second property is too far away to travel to regularly (our smart meters when we roll them out will help with this, of course)

Can landlords rely on tenants to provide opening meter readings?

If your relative is elderly, will they be able to check a meter for you if you can’t get to their home?

You may have other questions. Let’s have them!

• I will be adding a second acct soon. So will it be obvious which one is which it would be helpful if i could choose to give each acct a name. Will the tracker show both accts on the same page or will i need to swap screens and the ease of migragion of seperate accts onto one can i do this or will you sort that if i request it.finally will monthly bills be changed to the same day so that i dont get requests to guve readings twice monthly. Thats all for now.
  • I will be adding a second acct soon. So will it be obvious which one is which it would be helpful if i could choose to give each acct a name. Will the tracker show both accts on the same page or will i need to swap screens and the ease of migragion of seperate accts onto one can i do this or will you sort that if i request it.finally will monthly bills be changed to the same day so that i dont get requests to guve readings twice monthly. Thats all for now.
  • This is really good news, Marc, cos my parents are not online or at all techi, yet would really benefit from being with PP IMO. They’re currently on a fixed rate til June sadly, but nearer the time, I would love to set this up for them.

They live totally different area to me, so it would simply require them texting their gas and leccy meter reads to me each month, plus their opening reading of course. I can’t foresee any problems, I’d just do all the submissions and know month to month exactly what they were using and paying 👍.

Brilliant way forward 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • This is really good news, Marc, cos my parents are not online or at all techi, yet would really benefit from being with PP IMO. They’re currently on a fixed rate til June sadly, but nearer the time, I would love to set this up for them.

They live totally different area to me, so it would simply require them texting their gas and leccy meter reads to me each month, plus their opening reading of course. I can’t foresee any problems, I’d just do all the submissions and know month to month exactly what they were using and paying 👍.

Brilliant way forward 👍👏
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • P.s.
    Each acct will be paid from differant bank accts so please dont make it one bill.but i can see some people would prefer that.choices choices.
  • P.s.
    Each acct will be paid from differant bank accts so please dont make it one bill.but i can see some people would prefer that.choices choices.
  • A slight twist to OP's original question in this thread.

I am thinking of moving to Pure Planet. My current tariff with another provider runs out at the end of June.

I have two gas lines and two electricity lines running into my property. Four meters in total. Gas and electric to the main house. Separate gas and electric to another (unoccupied) building but on the same site. I'm responsible for both. Essentially the physical and billing address for all four meters is the same as they're all on the same site.

If I look up my address on Pure Planet's site I only see the house address. Thus I can only add two meters to Pure Planet. My existing provider got around this by cloning the house address for my house but adding a word on the first line of the clone that made it unique but still valid as an address. (Some energy price comparison models even display both addresses.) The two 'missing' meters were then added.

Can Pure Planet cope with this use case? Even if I had to use multiple e-mail accounts? (Which I'd prefer not to.) Alternatively, can Pure Planet access the 'cloned' address in the same way that price comparison sites seem to (even though I can't see both addresses from Pure Planet's dropdown list of addresses)?
  • A slight twist to OP's original question in this thread.

I am thinking of moving to Pure Planet. My current tariff with another provider runs out at the end of June.

I have two gas lines and two electricity lines running into my property. Four meters in total. Gas and electric to the main house. Separate gas and electric to another (unoccupied) building but on the same site. I'm responsible for both. Essentially the physical and billing address for all four meters is the same as they're all on the same site.

If I look up my address on Pure Planet's site I only see the house address. Thus I can only add two meters to Pure Planet. My existing provider got around this by cloning the house address for my house but adding a word on the first line of the clone that made it unique but still valid as an address. (Some energy price comparison models even display both addresses.) The two 'missing' meters were then added.

Can Pure Planet cope with this use case? Even if I had to use multiple e-mail accounts? (Which I'd prefer not to.) Alternatively, can Pure Planet access the 'cloned' address in the same way that price comparison sites seem to (even though I can't see both addresses from Pure Planet's dropdown list of addresses)?
  • Quote Originally Posted by brighp View Post
    A slight twist to OP's original question in this thread.

This is a tricky one. @Niall_PP should know.
  • Quote Originally Posted by brighp View Post
    A slight twist to OP's original question in this thread.

This is a tricky one. @Niall_PP should know.
  • Wow that sounds complicated.
    I have main house and out buildings.
    Main house address then plot 1 main house address. Both of these are registered on the national database as seperate properties.it sounds as if yours are not.
    Question would be do you actually use the second set of meters? If not then dont bother if you do you may need to get them registered with the database.im sure it can be done but may take a bit of setting up.
  • Wow that sounds complicated.
    I have main house and out buildings.
    Main house address then plot 1 main house address. Both of these are registered on the national database as seperate properties.it sounds as if yours are not.
    Question would be do you actually use the second set of meters? If not then dont bother if you do you may need to get them registered with the database.im sure it can be done but may take a bit of setting up.
  • Hi @brighp

Thanks for posting!

Good news, Pure Planet will be able to supply all meters to your property but you will need to manage them both by using two separate email accounts. You will need to select the same property in the app and switch twice. Once you are in the process of switching, a team member will contact you to determine which meter you would like to associate with which email account. They will then be able identify the meter serial numbers associated with your property and complete the switch.

I hope this is helpful!
  • Hi @brighp

Thanks for posting!

Good news, Pure Planet will be able to supply all meters to your property but you will need to manage them both by using two separate email accounts. You will need to select the same property in the app and switch twice. Once you are in the process of switching, a team member will contact you to determine which meter you would like to associate with which email account. They will then be able identify the meter serial numbers associated with your property and complete the switch.

I hope this is helpful!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    This is really good news, Marc, cos my parents are not online or at all techi, yet would really benefit from being with PP IMO. They’re currently on a fixed rate til June sadly, but nearer the time, I would love to set this up for them.

They live totally different area to me, so it would simply require them texting their gas and leccy meter reads to me each month, plus their opening reading of course. I can’t foresee any problems, I’d just do all the submissions and know month to month exactly what they were using and paying ������.

Brilliant way forward ������������
    Great feedback @Bev
    Thanks for that. If you think of anything else 🤔 add more comments to this thread

• Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    This is really good news, Marc, cos my parents are not online or at all techi, yet would really benefit from being with PP IMO. They’re currently on a fixed rate til June sadly, but nearer the time, I would love to set this up for them.

They live totally different area to me, so it would simply require them texting their gas and leccy meter reads to me each month, plus their opening reading of course. I can’t foresee any problems, I’d just do all the submissions and know month to month exactly what they were using and paying ������.

Brilliant way forward ������������
    Great feedback @Bev
    Thanks for that. If you think of anything else 🤔 add more comments to this thread

• Hi Marc - pleased to see this. I was just researching switching options for my elderly Mum and am looking to help with the account admin after switch. Is this '2 property' option now available?
  • Hi Marc - pleased to see this. I was just researching switching options for my elderly Mum and am looking to help with the account admin after switch. Is this '2 property' option now available?
  • Hi @DAJ
    This service is not yet available. But in the mean time you could have the app on one of your devices provided you can access the email acct registered.also you could sign your mum up to the priority assistance register during the sign up which means you can be nominated to run the acct on her behalf and arrange for PP to do the meter readings if required and several other benefits to help you both out.
  • Hi @DAJ
    This service is not yet available. But in the mean time you could have the app on one of your devices provided you can access the email acct registered.also you could sign your mum up to the priority assistance register during the sign up which means you can be nominated to run the acct on her behalf and arrange for PP to do the meter readings if required and several other benefits to help you both out.
  • Hi @DAJ
    Thanks for posting in the community!
    Great to hear that you're considering a switch to Pure Planet
    This feature isn't live yet.
    It's on the development roadmap. I can't yet give you an ETA but as @Jon1 says, the workaround is to use a different email address for your mother's account.
    You'll have to sign in/out depending on which account you wish to see, but it is doable.
    Happy to keep chatting here if you have more questions! 👍

• Hi @DAJ
    Thanks for posting in the community!
    Great to hear that you're considering a switch to Pure Planet
    This feature isn't live yet.
    It's on the development roadmap. I can't yet give you an ETA but as @Jon1 says, the workaround is to use a different email address for your mother's account.
    You'll have to sign in/out depending on which account you wish to see, but it is doable.
    Happy to keep chatting here if you have more questions! 👍

• I created a new thread called Multiple Meters but should have replied to this one. Earlier this week I did exactly as suggested above. Two e-mail accounts, specified same address. Gave different annual usage stats for each meter/building. I received confirmation that the switch is going ahead for one building. But nothing for the second. When I looked up detail of the second e-mail account I saw that a some of the fields (e.g. sort code, account) were not populated. Even though I DID populate them. Obviously someone has decided that I made a mistake and accidentally submitted the change to PP twice for the same property. As per you reply someone was meant to call me to get the four meter numbers. Could you chase them for me please. Otherwise I'm just going to have to cancel the entire switch. Which means lost profit for PP as I'm a heavy user for gas/electricity for both buildings. Thanks.
  • I created a new thread called Multiple Meters but should have replied to this one. Earlier this week I did exactly as suggested above. Two e-mail accounts, specified same address. Gave different annual usage stats for each meter/building. I received confirmation that the switch is going ahead for one building. But nothing for the second. When I looked up detail of the second e-mail account I saw that a some of the fields (e.g. sort code, account) were not populated. Even though I DID populate them. Obviously someone has decided that I made a mistake and accidentally submitted the change to PP twice for the same property. As per you reply someone was meant to call me to get the four meter numbers. Could you chase them for me please. Otherwise I'm just going to have to cancel the entire switch. Which means lost profit for PP as I'm a heavy user for gas/electricity for both buildings. Thanks.
  • Hi brighp.
    My guess would be that your second acct which has gone blank has a technical hitch with it.mine did this and then i was emailed with the reason why.
    When your old supplier merged both meters into one this was actually a bit naughty of them as i dont think they are meant to do this.but it must of saved them time and money.
    The second set of meters may have to be registered again with the national database which will cause a delay in the transfer process which would explain why your details have gone blank for the time being.you could try help@purepla.net email but not sure if this will be read any quicker. Im sure someone from the team will pick this thread up also and will be able to help.
    From my experiance i would not cancel just yet as it is worth the wait. But i can understand your concerns but i feel your particular switch will take longer than normal due to the 4 meters on one acct situation.
  • Hi brighp.
    My guess would be that your second acct which has gone blank has a technical hitch with it.mine did this and then i was emailed with the reason why.
    When your old supplier merged both meters into one this was actually a bit naughty of them as i dont think they are meant to do this.but it must of saved them time and money.
    The second set of meters may have to be registered again with the national database which will cause a delay in the transfer process which would explain why your details have gone blank for the time being.you could try help@purepla.net email but not sure if this will be read any quicker. Im sure someone from the team will pick this thread up also and will be able to help.
    From my experiance i would not cancel just yet as it is worth the wait. But i can understand your concerns but i feel your particular switch will take longer than normal due to the 4 meters on one acct situation.
  • Hi @brighp

We can see that a team member has sent you an email today in response to your second switch request. Once the correct meter numbers are determined then the switch will be able to be processed.

Thanks @Jon1, you're right in mentioning the national database which can cause confusion when the same property has multiple meters which can cause confusion. Once the correct meter serial numbers are identified then the switch can continue.
  • Hi @brighp

We can see that a team member has sent you an email today in response to your second switch request. Once the correct meter numbers are determined then the switch will be able to be processed.

Thanks @Jon1, you're right in mentioning the national database which can cause confusion when the same property has multiple meters which can cause confusion. Once the correct meter serial numbers are identified then the switch can continue.
  • Hi Marc - did you ever get this option up & running? If so, where is it on the app please?
  • Hi Marc - did you ever get this option up & running? If so, where is it on the app please?
  • Hi @Vic I've posted a reply over here to your thread about managing multiple properties
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Hi Marc - did you ever get this option up & running? If so, where is it on the app please?

• Hi @Vic I've posted a reply over here to your thread about managing multiple properties
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Hi Marc - did you ever get this option up & running? If so, where is it on the app please?

• Mark
    For the 3 accounts we have with you we have each property managed by a letting agent so it's these people we use for meter readings (until your new smart meters are running).
    I have to say this make things much simpler for us right now than having the 3 separate emails and LOGIN's.
    Thanks
  • Mark
    For the 3 accounts we have with you we have each property managed by a letting agent so it's these people we use for meter readings (until your new smart meters are running).
    I have to say this make things much simpler for us right now than having the 3 separate emails and LOGIN's.
    Thanks
  • Cheers for the feedback @Peak energy
    Yep, it's definitely going to make things easier.
    All these great replies are being fed into our development. As soon as we've got something to show - like some early designs - I'll be sharing those in the community.
    There's an update on 2nd generation smart meters over here.
    If you have more thoughts I'd love to hear them. Keep them coming!

• Cheers for the feedback @Peak energy
    Yep, it's definitely going to make things easier.
    All these great replies are being fed into our development. As soon as we've got something to show - like some early designs - I'll be sharing those in the community.
    There's an update on 2nd generation smart meters over here.
    If you have more thoughts I'd love to hear them. Keep them coming!

• It would be beneficial if there could be a start date for when a new property should commence supply rather than having to try to remember 17 days before supply needed that it should be done via app - difficult busy time period leading up to property handover. The requirement for having multiple properties available through one e-mail address and therefore one app is essential in my opinion otherwise things can be missed which may turn out to be important. If I didn't like the principles behind Pure Planet so much I wouldn't be trying so hard to make it work - please make my life easier.

Regards

Lynn
  • It would be beneficial if there could be a start date for when a new property should commence supply rather than having to try to remember 17 days before supply needed that it should be done via app - difficult busy time period leading up to property handover. The requirement for having multiple properties available through one e-mail address and therefore one app is essential in my opinion otherwise things can be missed which may turn out to be important. If I didn't like the principles behind Pure Planet so much I wouldn't be trying so hard to make it work - please make my life easier.

Regards

Lynn