• What TV shows are you currently bingeing?

Hi everyone,

Here in the Off-topic board, you can talk about anything you like. Its a place to kick back, relax and chat to other members.

I thought I'd kick things off by asking which shows you're currently bingeing on TV or online? I'm catching up with House of Cards, but I'm only on season 2, so I need to catch up! Real life may be more interesting in that regard right now though eh?

Game of Thrones is also running through season 7 right now. What do you think of it so far? It's making Mondays a lot more bearable I must say. Definitely puts me on edge though.

Anyway, over to you. Share your top TV shows (movies too) so that we can all choose our next series to binge.

Name:  game-of-thrones-the-iron-throne.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  805.0 KB
    Last edited by Toby; 09-08-17 at 15:07.
  • Hi everyone,

Here in the Off-topic board, you can talk about anything you like. Its a place to kick back, relax and chat to other members.

I thought I'd kick things off by asking which shows you're currently bingeing on TV or online? I'm catching up with House of Cards, but I'm only on season 2, so I need to catch up! Real life may be more interesting in that regard right now though eh?

Game of Thrones is also running through season 7 right now. What do you think of it so far? It's making Mondays a lot more bearable I must say. Definitely puts me on edge though.

Anyway, over to you. Share your top TV shows (movies too) so that we can all choose our next series to binge.

Name:  game-of-thrones-the-iron-throne.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  805.0 KB
  • Ive just completed House of Cards, which is fab.

Now watching Billions
  • Ive just completed House of Cards, which is fab.

Now watching Billions
  • Ozark for me! The first episode got me straight away
  • Ozark for me! The first episode got me straight away
  • I need to start Ozark! Heard nothing but good things.

I'm only on season 2 of House of Cards @Branston Steve. Have you ever seen Narcos?
  • I need to start Ozark! Heard nothing but good things.

I'm only on season 2 of House of Cards @Branston Steve. Have you ever seen Narcos?
  • House of Cards is one of the best programmes on TV. Stick with it.

Ive never heard of Narcos, is it good?

Steve
  • House of Cards is one of the best programmes on TV. Stick with it.

Ive never heard of Narcos, is it good?

Steve
  • Will do Steve. Really enjoying it so far. It seems like real life is just as dramatic as the show at the minute though! It on season 6 now right?

Narcos is fantastic. Wagner Moira who plays Escobar is amazing to watch. If you've ever got any other TV or movie recommendations @Branston Steve, let us know.
    Last edited by Toby; 25-08-17 at 09:52.
  • Will do Steve. Really enjoying it so far. It seems like real life is just as dramatic as the show at the minute though! It on season 6 now right?

Narcos is fantastic. Wagner Moira who plays Escobar is amazing to watch. If you've ever got any other TV or movie recommendations @Branston Steve, let us know.
  • Have you been watching Dr Foster @Branston Steve? It watched it up to date yesterday. Its so tense!
  • Have you been watching Dr Foster @Branston Steve? It watched it up to date yesterday. Its so tense!
  • Hi Toby, no I've never seen Dr Foster. Do you recommend it?

Steve
  • Hi Toby, no I've never seen Dr Foster. Do you recommend it?

Steve
  • Yes @Branston Steve absolutely. Its the best thing the BBC has made in years. There are 2 seasons now, but each is only 5 episodes. If you give it a go, let me know what you think.
  • Yes @Branston Steve absolutely. Its the best thing the BBC has made in years. There are 2 seasons now, but each is only 5 episodes. If you give it a go, let me know what you think.
  • I recently finished The Leftovers and it is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. There are only 3 seasons but it’s a very engaging and rewarding watch.
    I’ve been thinking about the final episode for weeks. Fantastic TV.
  • I recently finished The Leftovers and it is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. There are only 3 seasons but it’s a very engaging and rewarding watch.
    I’ve been thinking about the final episode for weeks. Fantastic TV.
  • I must check that one out @Hiphopopotamus. I've just finished American Vandal. Starts off really funny, but with kind of a sad ending!
    Last edited by Toby; 06-10-17 at 09:45.
  • I must check that one out @Hiphopopotamus. I've just finished American Vandal. Starts off really funny, but with kind of a sad ending!
  • Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I must check that one our @Hiphopopotamus. I've just finished American Vandal. Starts off really funny, but with kind of a sad ending!
    I also really liked American Vandal. Was great satire without giving too much to the mocumentry side of it. I always cared and was never taken out of the story.
    I especially liked how it showed that true crime shows really affect the lives of those of the fringes. Cast into the spotlight without ever wanting it.

It’s a really interesting concept for a show and has a good message. Along with being engaging and funny.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I must check that one our @Hiphopopotamus. I've just finished American Vandal. Starts off really funny, but with kind of a sad ending!
    I also really liked American Vandal. Was great satire without giving too much to the mocumentry side of it. I always cared and was never taken out of the story.
    I especially liked how it showed that true crime shows really affect the lives of those of the fringes. Cast into the spotlight without ever wanting it.

It’s a really interesting concept for a show and has a good message. Along with being engaging and funny.
  • That's got me convinced. Going to start watching American Vandal tonight :-)
  • That's got me convinced. Going to start watching American Vandal tonight :-)
  • Let us know what you think @LadyC. Its a pretty original show that's for sure!
  • Let us know what you think @LadyC. Its a pretty original show that's for sure!
  • We have just finished watching Better Call Saul - I love this Breaking Bad spin off, you don't even need to have watched Breaking Bad to enjoy it (obviously if you have then it will be even richer!)

Narcos was great and have just finished the last season, looking forward to the next.

We are currently watching the second season of Designated Survivor, it started off great but is slowing a little.

Every now and again we dip into Orange is the New Black, the first two seasons were refreshing but it tails off a bit in the third, here's hoping it picks up in the fifth season!

Last week we started with Suburra on Netflix, a refreshing Italian drama which looks good! :-)
  • We have just finished watching Better Call Saul - I love this Breaking Bad spin off, you don't even need to have watched Breaking Bad to enjoy it (obviously if you have then it will be even richer!)

Narcos was great and have just finished the last season, looking forward to the next.

We are currently watching the second season of Designated Survivor, it started off great but is slowing a little.

Every now and again we dip into Orange is the New Black, the first two seasons were refreshing but it tails off a bit in the third, here's hoping it picks up in the fifth season!

Last week we started with Suburra on Netflix, a refreshing Italian drama which looks good! :-)
  • Looks like you've been busy @elziado!

My issue with really long TV shows is that I always drop at some point. The only series I can finish are generally 4 or 5 episodes, such as the Nigh Manager.

I never finished Breaking Bad for instance, but I admit it was pretty good.

What kind of show is Suburra? I'm a big fan of Montalbano too
  • Looks like you've been busy @elziado!

My issue with really long TV shows is that I always drop at some point. The only series I can finish are generally 4 or 5 episodes, such as the Nigh Manager.

• Quote Originally Posted by GabrieL View Post
    Looks like you've been busy @elziado!

Suburra is a criminal gang / mafia type drama set in Rome. I like Montalbano too but there is a bit more action in Suburra!
  • Quote Originally Posted by GabrieL View Post
    Looks like you've been busy @elziado!

Suburra is a criminal gang / mafia type drama set in Rome. I like Montalbano too but there is a bit more action in Suburra!
  • Hi @elziado, have you ever seen Gomorrah? Might be one that you'll like
  • Hi @elziado, have you ever seen Gomorrah? Might be one that you'll like
  • Rewatching Party Down and Atlanta - you’ll need to hunt them down, but they are well worth it!
  • Rewatching Party Down and Atlanta - you’ll need to hunt them down, but they are well worth it!
  • Atlanta is a great recommendation @dunmoreish, Donald Glover is great. I'll give it a go but have not yet. Is it more comedy or drama? Looks to be a balance of the two.
  • Atlanta is a great recommendation @dunmoreish, Donald Glover is great. I'll give it a go but have not yet. Is it more comedy or drama? Looks to be a balance of the two.