• Weird food combination confessions

This jar of Marmite and crunchy peanut butter has proved a hit inside the Pure Planet kitchen.

Name:  IMG_2494.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  723.5 KB

A very odd but moreish taste.

It's got us talking here. What other weird food combinations do you like, or would like to try?

For instance, @Nataly has revealed she likes strawberries and vinegar! I know, I know.... disgraceful! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
  • This jar of Marmite and crunchy peanut butter has proved a hit inside the Pure Planet kitchen.

Name:  IMG_2494.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  723.5 KB

A very odd but moreish taste.

It's got us talking here. What other weird food combinations do you like, or would like to try?

For instance, @Nataly has revealed she likes strawberries and vinegar! I know, I know.... disgraceful! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

• Iโ€™m addicted to this stuff! Too too spooky, as right now, before reading this, Iโ€™m preparing hard boiled blue eggs to have on a bagel with peanut butter and marmite!

Iโ€™m soooooo with Nat re ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“topped with balsamic vinegar! OMG itโ€™s such a gorgeous combo!

I often add passion fruit to stir fries, I mix raw sweet potato, carrot, tomatoes etc, with yoghurt and banana, so mixing veg and fruits to make a meal in between a savoury meal and a dessert.

I often think the human race is too reluctant to try certain things, as too set in ways and creatures of habit. I used to find this when working in offices, people would just say โ€œugh whatโ€™s that! How can you have THAT with THAT!!!!!!?????โ€ etc, but until you try something, how can you be repulsed by it? Ya know?
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Iโ€™m addicted to this stuff! Too too spooky, as right now, before reading this, Iโ€™m preparing hard boiled blue eggs to have on a bagel with peanut butter and marmite!

Iโ€™m soooooo with Nat re ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“topped with balsamic vinegar! OMG itโ€™s such a gorgeous combo!

I often add passion fruit to stir fries, I mix raw sweet potato, carrot, tomatoes etc, with yoghurt and banana, so mixing veg and fruits to make a meal in between a savoury meal and a dessert.

I often think the human race is too reluctant to try certain things, as too set in ways and creatures of habit. I used to find this when working in offices, people would just say โ€œugh whatโ€™s that! How can you have THAT with THAT!!!!!!?????โ€ etc, but until you try something, how can you be repulsed by it? Ya know?

WALT WHITMAN
  • My dad was partial to cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches, and in Northern Ireland I was treated to Mars Bar and apple sandwiches, only to be told that someone else preferred Crunchie Bar and apricot jam sandwiches. But then I've always worked on the principle that most things taste better in a sandwich. This from the author of a book called Guinea Pig for Lunch... there was no bread that day.

- - - Updated - - -

PS
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹there should be a health warning before photos of Marmite appear on my phone...
  • My dad was partial to cheese and strawberry jam sandwiches, and in Northern Ireland I was treated to Mars Bar and apple sandwiches, only to be told that someone else preferred Crunchie Bar and apricot jam sandwiches. But then I've always worked on the principle that most things taste better in a sandwich. This from the author of a book called Guinea Pig for Lunch... there was no bread that day.

- - - Updated - - -

PS
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹there should be a health warning before photos of Marmite appear on my phone...
  • I had a sugar coated toasted waffle with scrambled egg avacado topped with sun dried tomato, bacon was optional but i declined. Weirdly tasty.
  • I had a sugar coated toasted waffle with scrambled egg avacado topped with sun dried tomato, bacon was optional but i declined. Weirdly tasty.
  • Hmm I'm really not sure about the sugar waffle with avo and egg... the tomato and bacon I can imagine though!

Peanut butter and celery is also a fantastic combo๐Ÿ˜Ž

One of my friends loves ketchup with cucumber... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    • The first snow of winter arrives! โ›„ Have you had snow yet?
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŽ…โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations โœจโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?๐Ÿค”โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Hmm I'm really not sure about the sugar waffle with avo and egg... the tomato and bacon I can imagine though!

Peanut butter and celery is also a fantastic combo๐Ÿ˜Ž

One of my friends loves ketchup with cucumber... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    • Wondering how to keep Christmas eco-friendly? We're sharing our top tips๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŽ…โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • Enter your photos in November's photo challenge - Illuminations โœจโ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    • How much do you know about renewable energy?๐Ÿค”โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ Find out in our quiz!
  • Spooky! I made an impulsive soup tonight with pumpkin (yes itโ€™s never ending ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽƒ) and what veg was left in fridge, which was kale and celery. I then added a spoon of the peanut marmite! 600ml veg stock, and a chopped cheeky Haywardโ€™s strong pickled onion! I kid you not, it made one perfect dish of soup, no need to blend, and was beyond gorgeous!!!!!!!

Sometimes I think impulsive cooking, with whatever is in, often works better than slaving over a stove all afternoon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Spooky! I made an impulsive soup tonight with pumpkin (yes itโ€™s never ending ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽƒ) and what veg was left in fridge, which was kale and celery. I then added a spoon of the peanut marmite! 600ml veg stock, and a chopped cheeky Haywardโ€™s strong pickled onion! I kid you not, it made one perfect dish of soup, no need to blend, and was beyond gorgeous!!!!!!!

Sometimes I think impulsive cooking, with whatever is in, often works better than slaving over a stove all afternoon ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oh raw carrot sticks dipped into peanut marmite is divine too btw! ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oh raw carrot sticks dipped into peanut marmite is divine too btw! ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•

WALT WHITMAN
  • Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    Oh raw carrot sticks dipped into peanut marmite is divine too btw! ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Nooooooo...
    Oh raw carrot sticks dipped into peanut marmite is divine too btw! ๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Nooooooo...
  • Oooooh yeeeeesssssss Stephen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ ฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ’•

WALT WHITMAN
  • Oooooh yeeeeesssssss Stephen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ ฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ’•

WALT WHITMAN
    Oooooh yeeeeesssssss Stephen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ ฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ’•
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Chacun a son gout
    Oooooh yeeeeesssssss Stephen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ ฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ’•
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹Chacun a son gout
  • Indeed Stephen, but give it a go, you wonโ€™t know till you try. Gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

WALT WHITMAN
  • Indeed Stephen, but give it a go, you wonโ€™t know till you try. Gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’•

WALT WHITMAN
  • In Holland they often eat white bread with butter and sprinkles ('hagelslag') for breakfast...

Always found it weirdly delicious ๐Ÿ˜
  • In Holland they often eat white bread with butter and sprinkles ('hagelslag') for breakfast...

Always found it weirdly delicious ๐Ÿ˜
  • ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

WALT WHITMAN
  • This is sliiightly different but, in a restaurant in Spain they had corn-on-the-cob ice cream.

They served it alongside a hot corn dish.

I wasn't convinced๐Ÿ˜

You can get pretty much anything in ice cream form nowadays, including olive oil ice cream and avocado ice cream?! ๐Ÿคจ
  • This is sliiightly different but, in a restaurant in Spain they had corn-on-the-cob ice cream.

They served it alongside a hot corn dish.

I wasn't convinced๐Ÿ˜

You can get pretty much anything in ice cream form nowadays, including olive oil ice cream and avocado ice cream?! ๐Ÿคจ
  • I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I'm starting to feel a tad nauseous reading this thread ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • I'm a bit of a fussy eater and I'm starting to feel a tad nauseous reading this thread ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • I woke up at about 3am this morning with a memory of some friends' dinner party in Bristol a few years back.
    For the starter they served us smoked mackerel with vanilla ice cream.

๐Ÿคฃ

It was actually quite tasty!

• I woke up at about 3am this morning with a memory of some friends' dinner party in Bristol a few years back.
    For the starter they served us smoked mackerel with vanilla ice cream.

๐Ÿคฃ

It was actually quite tasty!

• ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿšฝ

WALT WHITMAN
  • ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿšฝ

WALT WHITMAN