• Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Hi Marc, I've received the weirdly inconsistent price rise email. It's says my spend will rise by £99 but in fact my annual bill will go up by £180, a 13% rise. Where on the app or bill do I find out exactly how much gas and electricity you're predicting I'll use to reach the new figure? Thanks
    Hi @Steve H
    Great question 👍
    The 12 month spending projection is on every monthly statement. We have guide in our knowledge hub which shows how to read the statement.
    Here's how the projection is done (this is a general explainer for all members, not specific to your account):

The estimated electricity usage (known as Estimated Annual Consumption, or EAC) and the estimated gas usage (known as Annual Quantity, or AQ) comes from historical energy usage held on a centralised industry database - from previous suppliers, and from previous usage.
    Also, when a person switches to a new supplier they are asked to provide their own estimated energy use. This information, and the central database information, helps us to predict their annual estimate.
    Once a member is on supply and sends us regular meter readings we can see their actual energy usage.
    Every time a members sends us a reading we can better predict the current and future usage because the EAC and the AQ is updated - and this means a more accurate forecast.
    This is why we ask for regular monthly meter readings.
    If people do not send us regular meter readings, then their forecast is based on estimates, until their usage is reviewed.
    At the time of review if we then see that a member's actual energy usage is higher than the estimated usage, we are obliged to help them avoid getting into debt.
    For this reason we have reviewed some members Direct Debits as part of the rate change.

I hope that helps!
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Hi Marc, I've received the weirdly inconsistent price rise email. It's says my spend will rise by £99 but in fact my annual bill will go up by £180, a 13% rise. Where on the app or bill do I find out exactly how much gas and electricity you're predicting I'll use to reach the new figure? Thanks
    Hi @Steve H
    Great question 👍
    The 12 month spending projection is on every monthly statement. We have guide in our knowledge hub which shows how to read the statement.
    Here's how the projection is done (this is a general explainer for all members, not specific to your account):

The estimated electricity usage (known as Estimated Annual Consumption, or EAC) and the estimated gas usage (known as Annual Quantity, or AQ) comes from historical energy usage held on a centralised industry database - from previous suppliers, and from previous usage.
    Also, when a person switches to a new supplier they are asked to provide their own estimated energy use. This information, and the central database information, helps us to predict their annual estimate.
    Once a member is on supply and sends us regular meter readings we can see their actual energy usage.
    Every time a members sends us a reading we can better predict the current and future usage because the EAC and the AQ is updated - and this means a more accurate forecast.
    This is why we ask for regular monthly meter readings.
    If people do not send us regular meter readings, then their forecast is based on estimates, until their usage is reviewed.
    At the time of review if we then see that a member's actual energy usage is higher than the estimated usage, we are obliged to help them avoid getting into debt.
    For this reason we have reviewed some members Direct Debits as part of the rate change.

I hope that helps!

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Joseph S
    Each time you submit a meter reading in the app by going from Menu > My account > Send a meter reading you should see the last reading that was submitted.
    When did you last submit a meter reading?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Joseph S
    Each time you submit a meter reading in the app by going from Menu > My account > Send a meter reading you should see the last reading that was submitted.
    When did you last submit a meter reading?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • I've submitted meter reading three times now It updates but I still have estimated figures. The gas in particular says that I've not used anything. I've also sent photos of the meters as well.

Please can you sort this out. I'm really getting annoyed and keep wasting my time sending messages and meter readings
  • I've submitted meter reading three times now It updates but I still have estimated figures. The gas in particular says that I've not used anything. I've also sent photos of the meters as well.

Please can you sort this out. I'm really getting annoyed and keep wasting my time sending messages and meter readings
  • Quote Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
    I've submitted meter reading three times now It updates but I still have estimated figures. The gas in particular says that I've not used anything. I've also sent photos of the meters as well.

Thanks @Joseph S
    Yes this will get sorted. I've flagged this up with team.
    I'm going to send you a DM in a sec as there is some account info which I don't want to put in a public forum.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
    I've submitted meter reading three times now It updates but I still have estimated figures. The gas in particular says that I've not used anything. I've also sent photos of the meters as well.

Thanks @Joseph S
    Yes this will get sorted. I've flagged this up with team.
    I'm going to send you a DM in a sec as there is some account info which I don't want to put in a public forum.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • When I signed up to Pure Planet I were signing up to a fixed rate so why are you changing the rules ?
  • When I signed up to Pure Planet I were signing up to a fixed rate so why are you changing the rules ?
  • Thanks for the explanation Marc. I'll be interested to see if my predicted usage has grown in my March statement as PP are clearly predicting higher annual use then present in my Feb statement. A 13% rise less than 3 months into my use of your services is not good as you have not allowed a longer use pattern to build plus last statement says I'm over £100 in credit! PP could be my shortest switch yet.
  • Thanks for the explanation Marc. I'll be interested to see if my predicted usage has grown in my March statement as PP are clearly predicting higher annual use then present in my Feb statement. A 13% rise less than 3 months into my use of your services is not good as you have not allowed a longer use pattern to build plus last statement says I'm over £100 in credit! PP could be my shortest switch yet.
  • new rates

I quite understand the necessity of raising rates and have no problem with that. I am not sure though that I understand the mathematics of your email. Your email says the annual cost has gone up by £99, but my payments are going up by £207.24. How come it's doubled up plus a bit?
    Thanks
    Michael
  • I quite understand the necessity of raising rates and have no problem with that. I am not sure though that I understand the mathematics of your email. Your email says the annual cost has gone up by £99, but my payments are going up by £207.24. How come it's doubled up plus a bit?
    Thanks
    Michael
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Got it. It's in promotions ! Any idea how I can fix this?

I think my quote (given last year) is higher than my actual usage so I'm hoping overall there's no change
    Good news @Gabolino 😀
    According to the internet (😏) you should click the settings icon in the top right corner of the Gmail tab, select 'configure inbox'. Then deselect the 'promotions' tab and click save.
    That sound okay to you? (I think that may turn of 'promotions' completely)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Gabolino View Post
    Got it. It's in promotions ! Any idea how I can fix this?

I think my quote (given last year) is higher than my actual usage so I'm hoping overall there's no change
    Good news @Gabolino 😀
    According to the internet (😏) you should click the settings icon in the top right corner of the Gmail tab, select 'configure inbox'. Then deselect the 'promotions' tab and click save.
    That sound okay to you? (I think that may turn of 'promotions' completely)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOfHighwray View Post
    I quite understand the necessity of raising rates and have no problem with that. I am not sure though that I understand the mathematics of your email. Your email says the annual cost has gone up by £99, but my payments are going up by £207.24. How come it's doubled up plus a bit?
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray
    Thanks for posting in the community! I've moved your post to this existing thread about the rate change - as it can get confusing to have too many duplicate threads and replies, much harder to follow.

The difference in Direct Debits for some members (though not all) is because we have more usage info.
    Members' original payments are based on usage figures provided to us when the quote is sent out. After the switch, we get usage history, and any readings sent to us, to get a more accurate forecast of energy use.

If we're proposing to increase a member's Direct Debit payments, it's because we want to make sure that they are paying the right amount for the energy they use. We don't want members falling into debt.

But if you think it's too high, get in touch and we can adjust them.

To get in touch with our services team head to Help in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOfHighwray View Post
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray
    Thanks for posting in the community! I've moved your post to this existing thread about the rate change - as it can get confusing to have too many duplicate threads and replies, much harder to follow.

The difference in Direct Debits for some members (though not all) is because we have more usage info.
    Members' original payments are based on usage figures provided to us when the quote is sent out. After the switch, we get usage history, and any readings sent to us, to get a more accurate forecast of energy use.

If we're proposing to increase a member's Direct Debit payments, it's because we want to make sure that they are paying the right amount for the energy they use. We don't want members falling into debt.

To get in touch with our services team head to Help in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Onfire View Post
    When I signed up to Pure Planet I were signing up to a fixed rate so why are you changing the rules ?
    Hi @Onfire
    Cheers for your post.
    We've never had a fixed rate. We offer one tariff for all our members. It’s a variable rate, based on wholesale costs. What this means is we provide you energy at a pass-through rate with no markup, so it's a tariff that’ll provide great value to all our members, for the the long term.
    What made you believe it was a fixed rate?

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Onfire View Post
    When I signed up to Pure Planet I were signing up to a fixed rate so why are you changing the rules ?
    Hi @Onfire
    Cheers for your post.
    We've never had a fixed rate. We offer one tariff for all our members. It’s a variable rate, based on wholesale costs. What this means is we provide you energy at a pass-through rate with no markup, so it's a tariff that’ll provide great value to all our members, for the the long term.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray

Thanks for your reply.
    I keep a detailed record of usage and we have used quite a lot more gas due to the exceptional weather and perhaps being a little cavalier with the thermostat.
    Very difficult to compare old and new as Br/Gas had peculiar reading dates so we are never going to get a really accurate comparison without assumptions which inevitably will not always be correct. I'm happy to go along with the new payment schedule and see what happens. At the new rates I am still better off.
    Yours and thanks
    Michael
    Hi @MichaelOfHighwray

Thanks for your reply.
    I keep a detailed record of usage and we have used quite a lot more gas due to the exceptional weather and perhaps being a little cavalier with the thermostat.
    Very difficult to compare old and new as Br/Gas had peculiar reading dates so we are never going to get a really accurate comparison without assumptions which inevitably will not always be correct. I'm happy to go along with the new payment schedule and see what happens. At the new rates I am still better off.
    Yours and thanks
    Michael
  • That's great to hear @MichaelOfHighwray
    Glad it helped! 😁

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • That's great to hear @MichaelOfHighwray
    Glad it helped! 😁

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • New Tarriff

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask, goodbye Pure planet.
  • At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask, goodbye Pure planet.
    Hi @Onfire
    Cheers for your post.
    Good Bye
    Hi @Onfire
    Cheers for your post.
    Good Bye
  • If only one tariff exists for all members , why does the chart at the top of this thread display different regional rates ?
  • If only one tariff exists for all members , why does the chart at the top of this thread display different regional rates ?
  • Hi @Highbury
    Thanks for posting in the community
    Those different regional rates you see in the chart are the cost of transport electricity and gas to your home.
    Typically, it works out less in densely populated areas, more expensive in regions of low population.
    Each regional cost is determined and applied by your Distribution Network Operator and we pass this on at cost. We don't make any money on the transport costs of getting energy to your home.

Hope that explains it?! Happy to keep chatting, of course

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @Highbury
    Thanks for posting in the community
    Those different regional rates you see in the chart are the cost of transport electricity and gas to your home.
    Typically, it works out less in densely populated areas, more expensive in regions of low population.
    Each regional cost is determined and applied by your Distribution Network Operator and we pass this on at cost. We don't make any money on the transport costs of getting energy to your home.

Hope that explains it?! Happy to keep chatting, of course

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • British Gas has today increased prices by 5.5% which is the second time in eight months. Are Pure Planet considering further rises above your post here?
  • British Gas has today increased prices by 5.5% which is the second time in eight months. Are Pure Planet considering further rises above your post here?
  • Hi @WoldsWhite
    Ours is a variable rate tariff. That means rates can move up and down at any time, but we aim to keep price changes to a minimum.
    We monitor wholesale rates regularly and will always give you at least 14 days’ notice of any increase and we’ll pass on any rate decrease immediately.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Hi @WoldsWhite
    Ours is a variable rate tariff. That means rates can move up and down at any time, but we aim to keep price changes to a minimum.
    We monitor wholesale rates regularly and will always give you at least 14 days’ notice of any increase and we’ll pass on any rate decrease immediately.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​