Hi @Steve H
Great question 👍
The 12 month spending projection is on every monthly statement. We have guide in our knowledge hub which shows how to read the statement.
Here's how the projection is done (this is a general explainer for all members, not specific to your account):
The estimated electricity usage (known as Estimated Annual Consumption, or EAC) and the estimated gas usage (known as Annual Quantity, or AQ) comes from historical energy usage held on a centralised industry database - from previous suppliers, and from previous usage.
Also, when a person switches to a new supplier they are asked to provide their own estimated energy use. This information, and the central database information, helps us to predict their annual estimate.
Once a member is on supply and sends us regular meter readings we can see their actual energy usage.
Every time a members sends us a reading we can better predict the current and future usage because the EAC and the AQ is updated - and this means a more accurate forecast.
This is why we ask for regular monthly meter readings.
If people do not send us regular meter readings, then their forecast is based on estimates, until their usage is reviewed.
At the time of review if we then see that a member's actual energy usage is higher than the estimated usage, we are obliged to help them avoid getting into debt.
For this reason we have reviewed some members Direct Debits as part of the rate change.
I hope that helps!
Community Manager - Pure Planet
- Pure Planet update - join and manage your account on web as well as your app
- Why is @Suz is obsessed with her smart meter?
- Pure Planet Community spotlight on Angelabikerbabe
- Help out @schase who has questions about LED lightbulbs
- Check out Lenny's dream project - restoring a classic VW as an electric vehicle
- May community hightlights and points - how many did you get?!
- We want to improve WattBot our digital asisstant and need your help!
- You know you're getting old when..... take a look at this great new thread from Bev