• Leaving

Hi all had an email from Pure planet notifying us that they are sorry that we are leaving!!!
    We have not ended our contract has anyone else has a similar email? Cheers grant
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi all had an email from Pure planet notifying us that they are sorry that we are leaving!!!
    We have not ended our contract has anyone else has a similar email? Cheers grant
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Hi there @Grant
    Good to hear that you're not leaving us! 😀
    This sounds like someone living near you is in the process of switching suppliers and they've accidentally chosen your address instead of theirs.
    No worries, we'll object to the switch. Nothing that you need to do.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi there @Grant
    Good to hear that you're not leaving us! 😀
    This sounds like someone living near you is in the process of switching suppliers and they've accidentally chosen your address instead of theirs.
    No worries, we'll object to the switch. Nothing that you need to do.

• I'm interested by your reply Marc. Does that mean that switches to any address can be instigated by "random" people?
    How are such errors trapped? Presumably not by the vigilance of the "victim" (couldn't think of a better word sorry) spotting an email?
  • I'm interested by your reply Marc. Does that mean that switches to any address can be instigated by "random" people?
    How are such errors trapped? Presumably not by the vigilance of the "victim" (couldn't think of a better word sorry) spotting an email?

• That's right @woz
    Anyone can switch to any supplier at any time - so there is consumer choice and freedom (albeit some suppliers have fixed rate plans).
    Switch details are sent to the industry regulator and then to the suppliers. Suppliers are given the chance to object - for instance if monies are owed, they disagree with new opening meter readings, or if meters don't match addresses, or names don't match, etc.
    This is why a switch doesn't happen overnight.
    It's very interesting, and the system in terms of managing switching is pretty archaic.
    My personal view is that people will one day want to switch even more often - when you think about smart meters and home automation and so on, it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years' time I'll be able to switch by the hour!
    (Well okay maybe not that often, but who knows).

• That's right @woz
    Anyone can switch to any supplier at any time - so there is consumer choice and freedom (albeit some suppliers have fixed rate plans).
    Switch details are sent to the industry regulator and then to the suppliers. Suppliers are given the chance to object - for instance if monies are owed, they disagree with new opening meter readings, or if meters don't match addresses, or names don't match, etc.
    This is why a switch doesn't happen overnight.
    It's very interesting, and the system in terms of managing switching is pretty archaic.
    My personal view is that people will one day want to switch even more often - when you think about smart meters and home automation and so on, it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years' time I'll be able to switch by the hour!
    (Well okay maybe not that often, but who knows).

• Mark I am leaving the UK soon, what do i need to do. I will not be coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc I mean not Mark.
  • Mark I am leaving the UK soon, what do i need to do. I will not be coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc I mean not Mark.

• hi Snowdonia06
    sorry I know you asked marc
    I assume you're selling up want to close the account? if so you'll be responsible for the energy costs until you sell or leave if it's a rental.
    There's an article about
    moving home HERE
    You'll need to provide:
    - The date you’re moving out
    - A meter reading on that day
    - A forwarding address (just in case we need to contact you)
    - Details of who is moving in, or the letting agent/landlord info (if you have it)

and PP will work out a final bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia06 View Post
    Mark I am leaving the UK soon, what do i need to do. I will not be coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc I mean not Mark.
  • hi Snowdonia06
    sorry I know you asked marc
    I assume you're selling up want to close the account? if so you'll be responsible for the energy costs until you sell or leave if it's a rental.
    There's an article about
    moving home HERE
    You'll need to provide:
    - The date you’re moving out
    - A meter reading on that day
    - A forwarding address (just in case we need to contact you)
    - Details of who is moving in, or the letting agent/landlord info (if you have it)

and PP will work out a final bill.

Mark I am leaving the UK soon, what do i need to do. I will not be coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc I mean not Mark.

• Hi. I am not leaving till May 17, but I wanted to know the process before I left,I am moving to the Philippines to live permanently and won't be returning, so my forwarding address would be in the Philippines, the owner of the house is a distant cousin of my soon to be X wife, and they live in the USA, They are not planning on returning to the UK, as they are selling their property.
  • Hi. I am not leaving till May 17, but I wanted to know the process before I left,I am moving to the Philippines to live permanently and won't be returning, so my forwarding address would be in the Philippines, the owner of the house is a distant cousin of my soon to be X wife, and they live in the USA, They are not planning on returning to the UK, as they are selling their property.

• I suppose you should let the distant cousin know that they will be responsible for the energy bills after you leave and until it's sold?

Hi. I am not leaving till May 17, but I wanted to know the process before I left,I am moving to the Philippines to live permanently and won't be returning, so my forwarding address would be in the Philippines, the owner of the house is a distant cousin of my soon to be X wife, and they live in the USA, They are not planning on returning to the UK, as they are selling their property.
  • I suppose you should let the distant cousin know that they will be responsible for the energy bills after you leave and until it's sold?

Hi. I am not leaving till May 17, but I wanted to know the process before I left,I am moving to the Philippines to live permanently and won't be returning, so my forwarding address would be in the Philippines, the owner of the house is a distant cousin of my soon to be X wife, and they live in the USA, They are not planning on returning to the UK, as they are selling their property.

• umm, second one this week where a switch was to an incorrect address. The industry switching process sounds like its needs a security review to avoid errors like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I am not leaving till May 17.....
    Hope it all goes well for you with your move @Snowdonia06

I do have some bad news though, May 17 has already gone, you may have missed the flight. Forgive me, just made me smile
  • umm, second one this week where a switch was to an incorrect address. The industry switching process sounds like its needs a security review to avoid errors like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I am not leaving till May 17.....
    Hope it all goes well for you with your move @Snowdonia06

I do have some bad news though, May 17 has already gone, you may have missed the flight. Forgive me, just made me smile

• Thanks, so just to clarify, I take a reading the day I leave with photographic evidence, then submit on the App in submit readings, then just post on here that I have left and want the account brought up to date and closed?
  • Thanks, so just to clarify, I take a reading the day I leave with photographic evidence, then submit on the App in submit readings, then just post on here that I have left and want the account brought up to date and closed?

• Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia06 View Post
    Thanks, so just to clarify, I take a reading the day I leave with photographic evidence, then submit on the App in submit readings, then just post on here that I have left and want the account brought up to date and closed?
    Don't post your final readings in the community @Snowdonia06
    Send it all to our Member services team via your app.
    The FAQ that @woz linked to has all the info.
    Have a safe trip!

• Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia06 View Post
    Thanks, so just to clarify, I take a reading the day I leave with photographic evidence, then submit on the App in submit readings, then just post on here that I have left and want the account brought up to date and closed?
    Don't post your final readings in the community @Snowdonia06
    Send it all to our Member services team via your app.
    The FAQ that @woz linked to has all the info.
    Have a safe trip!

• Hi. I have had an email saying "Sorry you are leaving etc...……………" we have no desire to leave at all. What do we need to do to stop this please.
  • Hi. I have had an email saying "Sorry you are leaving etc...……………" we have no desire to leave at all. What do we need to do to stop this please.

• Hi dljmobile
    Can you tell us WHO the email was from ( I presume Pure Planet )?
    👍
  • Hi dljmobile
    Can you tell us WHO the email was from ( I presume Pure Planet )?
    👍

• hopefully PP should stop the switch, if @Marc picks this up .If not type “message the team “ in help and report it there.
  • hopefully PP should stop the switch, if @Marc picks this up .If not type “message the team “ in help and report it there.

• Hi @dljmobile
    Welcome to the community!
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. They'll object to it, so don't worry
    Cheers @woz for the heads-up

• Hi @dljmobile
    Welcome to the community!
    I've flagged this with our Member services team. They'll object to it, so don't worry
    Cheers @woz for the heads-up

• I've said I'm leaving, I've had the sorry you are leaving email, now I've got a bill, for a period after I vacated the property - help!!!
  • I've said I'm leaving, I've had the sorry you are leaving email, now I've got a bill, for a period after I vacated the property - help!!!

• hi sparky1
    Your closing readings have to be verified and it can take up to (not always) 6 weeks to get the final bill.
    If you've been charged for time after you left the property you'll need to sort this out with the PP team.
    Are you sure the bill isn't just to cover the remaining time you were at the property?
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there. Someone will get back to you.
    If you no longer have a working app you'll need to send a direct message to marc
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky1 View Post
    I've said I'm leaving, I've had the sorry you are leaving email, now I've got a bill, for a period after I vacated the property - help!!!
  • hi sparky1
    Your closing readings have to be verified and it can take up to (not always) 6 weeks to get the final bill.
    If you've been charged for time after you left the property you'll need to sort this out with the PP team.
    Are you sure the bill isn't just to cover the remaining time you were at the property?
    Go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there. Someone will get back to you.
    If you no longer have a working app you'll need to send a direct message to marc
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky1 View Post
    I've said I'm leaving, I've had the sorry you are leaving email, now I've got a bill, for a period after I vacated the property - help!!!

• We are leaving the UK in late July 2019 and will be discontinuing service - I see from another post that the date for moving out needs to be communicated to Pure Planet, the meter reading on the day and the contact details of landlord or rental agency.

So, what email address does all this information need to be sent to exactly? We don't yet have an exact move out date, but late July is the goal and we will not be returning to the UK.

Thanks and regards, DG.
  • We are leaving the UK in late July 2019 and will be discontinuing service - I see from another post that the date for moving out needs to be communicated to Pure Planet, the meter reading on the day and the contact details of landlord or rental agency.

So, what email address does all this information need to be sent to exactly? We don't yet have an exact move out date, but late July is the goal and we will not be returning to the UK.

Thanks and regards, DG.

• Quote Originally Posted by dgargya View Post
    We are leaving the UK in late July 2019 and will be discontinuing service - I see from another post that the date for moving out needs to be communicated to Pure Planet, the meter reading on the day and the contact details of landlord or rental agency.

Thanks and regards, DG.
    Hi DG

There's no email address, but you should find everything you need to know by following this link:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...o-do#ckb_start
    If not, come back with any further questions
    Hope the move goes well
    Stephen
  • Quote Originally Posted by dgargya View Post
    We are leaving the UK in late July 2019 and will be discontinuing service - I see from another post that the date for moving out needs to be communicated to Pure Planet, the meter reading on the day and the contact details of landlord or rental agency.

Thanks and regards, DG.
    Hi DG

There's no email address, but you should find everything you need to know by following this link:
    https://community.purepla.net/conten...o-do#ckb_start
    If not, come back with any further questions
    Hope the move goes well
    Stephen

• hi dgargya
    In the app under "Account", "Your Property", there's a "Move out" Button.

Actually, while I'm here it would be better labelled "Moving out?"

Quote Originally Posted by dgargya View Post

Thanks and regards, DG.
  • hi dgargya
    In the app under "Account", "Your Property", there's a "Move out" Button.

Actually, while I'm here it would be better labelled "Moving out?"

Quote Originally Posted by dgargya View Post

Thanks and regards, DG.