Hybrid View

• How to submit meter readings in the app

Having trouble submitting meter readings in the app?

Make sure you have the latest version of the app. To be certain you should uninstall it and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play

Then follow these simple steps:

1. Open your Pure Planet app.

2. When it's time for your reading, you'll see a 'Send a meter reading' moon right on your homepage.

Name:  Pure Planet app logged in.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  898.3 KB

3. If you want to send us a meter reading at other times, go to Menu > Send a meter reading

4. All you need to do now is type the number(s) on your meter and press 'Next'.

If you have any questions check the guide just below the meter submission box(es).

Name:  Pure Planet app time to send a meter reading.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  94.2 KB

5. You'll get a chance to review the numbers before you finally submit. It's always handy to check.

6. You'll then see a confirmation that we have received them, with a big green tick

Finally, it's worth remembering that you can only send meter readings once every 24 hours. If you try to re-send them sooner, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

Please send us regular meter readings once a month. It helps to keep your energy use and payments on track.
    Last edited by Marc; 04-10-18 at 14:40. Reason: Updating thread with new app photos
    Community Manager - Pure Planet.

• Having trouble submitting meter readings in the app?

Make sure you have the latest version of the app. To be certain you should uninstall it and reinstall it from the App Store or Google Play

Then follow these simple steps:

1. Open your Pure Planet app.

2. When it's time for your reading, you'll see a 'Send a meter reading' moon right on your homepage.

Name:  Pure Planet app logged in.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  898.3 KB

3. If you want to send us a meter reading at other times, go to Menu > Send a meter reading

4. All you need to do now is type the number(s) on your meter and press 'Next'.

If you have any questions check the guide just below the meter submission box(es).

Name:  Pure Planet app time to send a meter reading.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  94.2 KB

5. You'll get a chance to review the numbers before you finally submit. It's always handy to check.

6. You'll then see a confirmation that we have received them, with a big green tick

Finally, it's worth remembering that you can only send meter readings once every 24 hours. If you try to re-send them sooner, the ‘send’ button will be greyed out and we’ll let you know that we don’t need another reading just yet!

Please send us regular meter readings once a month. It helps to keep your energy use and payments on track.

• Update:

It is believed that some members experiencing an issue when following an email prompt from Pure Planet to submit meter readings and being caught up in a login 'loop' is caused by having a 'VPN' installed on their phones.
    VPNs are 'virtual private networks' which some apps will install on phones - for example to have better privacy when using public wifi networks.
    Having a VPN may stop our verification email from working. We are investigating further.
    You can see if your iPhone has a VPN installed by checking in Settings->General-VPN where it can be disabled
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Marc; 28-02-18 at 13:09.

• Update:

It is believed that some members experiencing an issue when following an email prompt from Pure Planet to submit meter readings and being caught up in a login 'loop' is caused by having a 'VPN' installed on their phones.
    VPNs are 'virtual private networks' which some apps will install on phones - for example to have better privacy when using public wifi networks.
    Having a VPN may stop our verification email from working. We are investigating further.
    You can see if your iPhone has a VPN installed by checking in Settings->General-VPN where it can be disabled
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Metre reading , logging on

Can’t log on keeps directing me to authenticate email then says token error . Trying to send metre reading . Does pureplanet have customer services number to speak to a human ?
  • Can’t log on keeps directing me to authenticate email then says token error . Trying to send metre reading . Does pureplanet have customer services number to speak to a human ?

• Hi @Iancluc thanks for posting
    I've moved your post to this existing thread - as it's the same topic and duplication is hard for members to follow.
    Can you please make sure that you've got the latest version of the app installed and then follow the steps as above?
    We have a bug affecting some members' apps with regard to sending meter readings and the above steps are doing the trick

• Hi @Iancluc thanks for posting
    I've moved your post to this existing thread - as it's the same topic and duplication is hard for members to follow.
    Can you please make sure that you've got the latest version of the app installed and then follow the steps as above?
    We have a bug affecting some members' apps with regard to sending meter readings and the above steps are doing the trick

• I still have had no success it getting an accurate figure for my gas usage - electric seems to ya e worked. I’m becoming very frustrated now as I have no idea what the cost of my gas is. I’ve done everything suggested and you were meant to be in touch - you haven’t. Please can someone sort this out - I’ll move supplier if not. Can’t be hit with a massive bill.
  • I still have had no success it getting an accurate figure for my gas usage - electric seems to ya e worked. I’m becoming very frustrated now as I have no idea what the cost of my gas is. I’ve done everything suggested and you were meant to be in touch - you haven’t. Please can someone sort this out - I’ll move supplier if not. Can’t be hit with a massive bill.

• Quote Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
    I still have had no success it getting an accurate figure for my gas usage - electric seems to ya e worked. I’m becoming very frustrated now as I have no idea what the cost of my gas is. I’ve done everything suggested and you were meant to be in touch - you haven’t. Please can someone sort this out - I’ll move supplier if not. Can’t be hit with a massive bill.
    Hi @Joseph S
    Let's get this sorted. I've checked this with the team.
    An email was sent to you asking for photos of your gas meter. Did you receive that email? If not please check your spam/junk folder.

• Quote Originally Posted by Joseph S View Post
    I still have had no success it getting an accurate figure for my gas usage - electric seems to ya e worked. I’m becoming very frustrated now as I have no idea what the cost of my gas is. I’ve done everything suggested and you were meant to be in touch - you haven’t. Please can someone sort this out - I’ll move supplier if not. Can’t be hit with a massive bill.
    Hi @Joseph S
    Let's get this sorted. I've checked this with the team.
    An email was sent to you asking for photos of your gas meter. Did you receive that email? If not please check your spam/junk folder.

• My gas meter just displays meter failed
    I am wondering if it’s a WiFi issue as readings should be transmitted automatically
  • My gas meter just displays meter failed
    I am wondering if it’s a WiFi issue as readings should be transmitted automatically

• Quote Originally Posted by Chadders View Post
    My gas meter just displays meter failed
    Hi @Chadders
    Is your gas meter still displaying the same thing?
    Meter readings should be sent to us monthly via the app. Have you been sending the readings to us from the app okay?

• Quote Originally Posted by Chadders View Post
    My gas meter just displays meter failed
    Hi @Chadders
    Is your gas meter still displaying the same thing?
    Meter readings should be sent to us monthly via the app. Have you been sending the readings to us from the app okay?

• On my electric meter I have 3 numbers coming up, rate 1, rate 2 and then another number with a symbol followed by s nunber, any idea which number I should use for a meter reading?
  • On my electric meter I have 3 numbers coming up, rate 1, rate 2 and then another number with a symbol followed by s nunber, any idea which number I should use for a meter reading?

• I submitted readings around 2 weeks ago but in the app it still shows estimated usage. I had good connectivity and no vpn
  • I submitted readings around 2 weeks ago but in the app it still shows estimated usage. I had good connectivity and no vpn

• Quote Originally Posted by Martynh View Post
    I submitted readings around 2 weeks ago but in the app it still shows estimated usage. I had good connectivity and no vpn
    Hi @Martynh
    When was your switch date? A month from then you should have received your first statement (by email) and started seeing your energy tracker (in the app).

• Quote Originally Posted by Martynh View Post
    I submitted readings around 2 weeks ago but in the app it still shows estimated usage. I had good connectivity and no vpn
    Hi @Martynh
    When was your switch date? A month from then you should have received your first statement (by email) and started seeing your energy tracker (in the app).

• I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

My readings also seem to have disappeared.
  • I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

• Quote Originally Posted by Lirwin View Post
    I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @Lirwin
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team
    It'll get sorted

• Quote Originally Posted by Lirwin View Post
    I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted
    Hi again @Lirwin
    Our team have checked this out.
    You should have received an email about a technical issue which caused your gas to come on supply with us a few days later than your electricity. The email also included info that the opening gas reading would need to be sent a few days later than the electricity.
    It's the reason that your readings aren't showing in your app.
    Once we get estimated opening readings from your previous supplier it'll show in your app. If the gas estimate is way off your opening readings our team will raise a dispute.
    Hope that helps explain the situation?

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted
    Hi again @Lirwin
    Our team have checked this out.
    You should have received an email about a technical issue which caused your gas to come on supply with us a few days later than your electricity. The email also included info that the opening gas reading would need to be sent a few days later than the electricity.
    It's the reason that your readings aren't showing in your app.
    Once we get estimated opening readings from your previous supplier it'll show in your app. If the gas estimate is way off your opening readings our team will raise a dispute.
    Hope that helps explain the situation?

• I am really struggling to send my meter readings from my phone. Can I send them via e-mail from my desktop or computer?

Jill Thomas
  • I am really struggling to send my meter readings from my phone. Can I send them via e-mail from my desktop or computer?

Jill Thomas

• Quote Originally Posted by jillyct1 View Post
    I am really struggling to send my meter readings from my phone. Can I send them via e-mail from my desktop or computer?

Jill Thomas
    Hi @jillyct1
    Thanks for posting in the community
    What's happening when you try to submit them?

• Quote Originally Posted by jillyct1 View Post
    I am really struggling to send my meter readings from my phone. Can I send them via e-mail from my desktop or computer?

Jill Thomas
    Hi @jillyct1
    Thanks for posting in the community
    What's happening when you try to submit them?

• I am also struggling to even get to the page for submitting my meter readings. I have the latest version of the app (7.0.13), but when I tap on My Account it just says Trying to connect but times out. Not impressed as a new customer. You should at least have an alternative e.g. email. I hope someone can resolve this ASAP and get back to me.
  • I am also struggling to even get to the page for submitting my meter readings. I have the latest version of the app (7.0.13), but when I tap on My Account it just says Trying to connect but times out. Not impressed as a new customer. You should at least have an alternative e.g. email. I hope someone can resolve this ASAP and get back to me.

• Quote Originally Posted by Renate View Post
    I am also struggling to even get to the page for submitting my meter readings. I have the latest version of the app (7.0.13), but when I tap on My Account it just says Trying to connect but times out. Not impressed as a new customer. You should at least have an alternative e.g. email. I hope someone can resolve this ASAP and get back to me.
    Hi @Renate
    Sorry to hear this. Can you please tell me what phone you have, and which version of the operating system it is running? It will help when I report this to the app team.
    (I'm also assuming you've got decent wifi/data connection too)

• Quote Originally Posted by Renate View Post
    I am also struggling to even get to the page for submitting my meter readings. I have the latest version of the app (7.0.13), but when I tap on My Account it just says Trying to connect but times out. Not impressed as a new customer. You should at least have an alternative e.g. email. I hope someone can resolve this ASAP and get back to me.
    Hi @Renate
    Sorry to hear this. Can you please tell me what phone you have, and which version of the operating system it is running? It will help when I report this to the app team.
    (I'm also assuming you've got decent wifi/data connection too)

• Just tried to respond to this via email on my computer but it failed to deliver.

Phone: iPhone SE
    iOS: 11.2.6
    Home WiFi working fine, upload ~5Mb, download ~90Mb
  • Just tried to respond to this via email on my computer but it failed to deliver.

Phone: iPhone SE
    iOS: 11.2.6
    Home WiFi working fine, upload ~5Mb, download ~90Mb

• I switched in Dec. First month shows fine, it's the 2nd month that hasn't shown yet
  • I switched in Dec. First month shows fine, it's the 2nd month that hasn't shown yet