• Quote Originally Posted by Charltones View Post
    Sending photos in app didn’t work. I have iPhone SE. I entered readings, took photo but at the preview screen where it said ‘click next’ there was no next button. Tried 3 times then submitted by skipping.
    Hi @Charltones
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Might be a bit late now, but it's possible the button was 'hidden' underneath the keyboard. Scrolling by pushing the screen up and down would reveal the button.
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Charltones View Post
    Sending photos in app didn’t work. I have iPhone SE. I entered readings, took photo but at the preview screen where it said ‘click next’ there was no next button. Tried 3 times then submitted by skipping.
    Hi @Charltones
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting.
    Might be a bit late now, but it's possible the button was 'hidden' underneath the keyboard. Scrolling by pushing the screen up and down would reveal the button.

• Hi,
    I have an account with you but my pad the App was installed on has failed I cannot seem to install one on my laptop to send my meter readings
  • Hi,
    I have an account with you but my pad the App was installed on has failed I cannot seem to install one on my laptop to send my meter readings

• hi Dave
    The app only works on smartphone or tablet (ios9 android5 I think) There is no laptop or desktop version.

You have a few options

1. Best option, don't worry about missing sending in your readings, the statement will catch up once you're able to send readings so that gives you quite a while to get a new device sorted out. Readings only needed once a month when you get the reminder, but no big deal if you miss one. Your Direct debit won't be affected by missing sending a reading, the statement will be estimated until PP receive a reading.

2. Ask a trusted friend or family member to install the app on their phone or tablet, you'll need to forward them the login email to login once (no need to log out). You can remove the app once you sort your own device.

3. Fix your ipad (that was tongue-in-cheek) - what's wrong with it?

If you're still stuck in a month's time post back for plan B

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Moyle View Post
    Hi,
  • hi Dave
    The app only works on smartphone or tablet (ios9 android5 I think) There is no laptop or desktop version.

You have a few options

1. Best option, don't worry about missing sending in your readings, the statement will catch up once you're able to send readings so that gives you quite a while to get a new device sorted out. Readings only needed once a month when you get the reminder, but no big deal if you miss one. Your Direct debit won't be affected by missing sending a reading, the statement will be estimated until PP receive a reading.

2. Ask a trusted friend or family member to install the app on their phone or tablet, you'll need to forward them the login email to login once (no need to log out). You can remove the app once you sort your own device.

3. Fix your ipad (that was tongue-in-cheek) - what's wrong with it?

If you're still stuck in a month's time post back for plan B

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Moyle View Post
    Hi,

• Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you
  • Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you

• Quote Originally Posted by Jayney View Post
    Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you
    Hi Jayney, welcome to the community!

I'm sure Marc will see this tomorrow and get back to you. Meantime my mental arithmetic suggests that it's only the 24 December reading that's odd, so perhaps you don't have too much to worry about? It's certainly strange though...

Best wishes, Stephen
    Last edited by stephenrand; 13-01-19 at 13:42. Reason: Error
    Hi Mark, my electricity meter has gone wrong. 24 Sept = 85997, 24 Oct = 86309, 23Nov = 86676, 24 Dec = 87858, 1 Jan = 87143, 11 Jan = 87293. I have photographic evidence of each reading. We need someone to come and check the meter please. Thank you
    Hi Jayney, welcome to the community!

I'm sure Marc will see this tomorrow and get back to you. Meantime my mental arithmetic suggests that it's only the 24 December reading that's odd, so perhaps you don't have too much to worry about? It's certainly strange though...

Best wishes, Stephen

Hi @Jayney
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    As @stephenrand said, the readings look OK.
    What's concerning you?

Also, have you done a kettle test?
    Make sure everything is switched off. Read your meter. And then boil your kettle.
    After boiling, read the meter again.
    Most kettles use about 0.04 to 0.05kwh per boil.

Hi @Jayney
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    As @stephenrand said, the readings look OK.
    What's concerning you?

Also, have you done a kettle test?
    Make sure everything is switched off. Read your meter. And then boil your kettle.
    After boiling, read the meter again.
    Most kettles use about 0.04 to 0.05kwh per boil.

• Thanks Marc. It’s the fact that the meter has appeared to go backwards. 87858 on 24th Dec, then 87143 on 1st January. Surely this can’t be right?
  • Thanks Marc. It’s the fact that the meter has appeared to go backwards. 87858 on 24th Dec, then 87143 on 1st January. Surely this can’t be right?

Thanks Marc. It’s the fact that the meter has appeared to go backwards. 87858 on 24th Dec, then 87143 on 1st January. Surely this can’t be right?
    Hmmmmm this does indeed seem weird. Any chance you could post the 24th dec picture.
    Thanks Marc. It’s the fact that the meter has appeared to go backwards. 87858 on 24th Dec, then 87143 on 1st January. Surely this can’t be right?
    Hmmmmm this does indeed seem weird. Any chance you could post the 24th dec picture.

• Attachment 1588. 24th dec

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 1589 January 1st
  • Attachment 1588. 24th dec

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 1589 January 1st

• hi jayney
    I've just had a look at your readings.
    I don't think for a moment that your meter is faulty, I think you've simply misread one reading.
    December's reading should be 87058 not 87858.
    (AND if you ask for a meter test and it's not faulty you'll have to pay)
    Your meter is obviously going in the right direction or 11th jan would be less than 1st.
    The kettle test isn't needed (but if you do, mine's a tea), just take a reading and take another about 6 hours later. You use about 10 units a day so in 6 hours it should increment by at least 1 unit, maybe 2 units.
    Panic over...
    (you are reading the meter not the In-Home-Display? just asking...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayney View Post
    Last edited by woz; 14-01-19 at 01:24. Reason: I could have danced all night, but my legs couldn't.
  • hi jayney
    I've just had a look at your readings.
    I don't think for a moment that your meter is faulty, I think you've simply misread one reading.
    December's reading should be 87058 not 87858.
    (AND if you ask for a meter test and it's not faulty you'll have to pay)
    Your meter is obviously going in the right direction or 11th jan would be less than 1st.
    The kettle test isn't needed (but if you do, mine's a tea), just take a reading and take another about 6 hours later. You use about 10 units a day so in 6 hours it should increment by at least 1 unit, maybe 2 units.
    Panic over...
    (you are reading the meter not the In-Home-Display? just asking...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayney View Post

• Hi Woz, I think you are right! I will do the 6 hour test, thank you 😊👍
  • Hi Woz, I think you are right! I will do the 6 hour test, thank you 😊👍