• I keep getting a blue screen (I have no VPN active) when I try and send a meter reading. I have had this issue fir a few weeks now and so can’t senc a reading.
  • I keep getting a blue screen (I have no VPN active) when I try and send a meter reading. I have had this issue fir a few weeks now and so can’t senc a reading.

• hi Pile o stone
    What device and operating system are you using? (phone/tablet android5, ios 9 etc)
    Have you tried completely deleting the app and re-installing it?
    (if you do that then best to delete all the lgin emails too so you don't get confused as to which is the latest)

Quote Originally Posted by Pile o stone View Post
    I keep getting a blue screen (I have no VPN active) when I try and send a meter reading. I have had this issue fir a few weeks now and so can’t senc a reading.
  • hi Pile o stone
    What device and operating system are you using? (phone/tablet android5, ios 9 etc)
    Have you tried completely deleting the app and re-installing it?
    (if you do that then best to delete all the lgin emails too so you don't get confused as to which is the latest)

Quote Originally Posted by Pile o stone View Post
    I keep getting a blue screen (I have no VPN active) when I try and send a meter reading. I have had this issue fir a few weeks now and so can’t senc a reading.

• iOS 12.1
    I’ve deleted the app a couple of times.
    It’s never worked since the pure app got its new look and feel
  • iOS 12.1
    I’ve deleted the app a couple of times.
    It’s never worked since the pure app got its new look and feel

• Hi @Pile o stone, I know it doesn't help you but I'm also using iOS 12.1 and it does seem to be working at my end. Where are you getting the blue screen? When you open the app, is the first screen correct? - it should be showing a number of planets (mine is 3) in the lower half and a status at the top? Is the blue screen when you select the send meter reading button from either the first screen / from the 3 bars in the top right hand corner, or after you have entered in the meter readings?
  • Hi @Pile o stone, I know it doesn't help you but I'm also using iOS 12.1 and it does seem to be working at my end. Where are you getting the blue screen? When you open the app, is the first screen correct? - it should be showing a number of planets (mine is 3) in the lower half and a status at the top? Is the blue screen when you select the send meter reading button from either the first screen / from the 3 bars in the top right hand corner, or after you have entered in the meter readings?

• I’ve not been able to submit a meter reading since pure planet changed the app’s GUI. I’ve updated my IOS twice and deleted and downloaded the app several times. Getting fed up now with the crappy service TBH and I’m looking around for a different green energy supplier
  • I’ve not been able to submit a meter reading since pure planet changed the app’s GUI. I’ve updated my IOS twice and deleted and downloaded the app several times. Getting fed up now with the crappy service TBH and I’m looking around for a different green energy supplier

• The blue screen happpens as soon as I click the Submit meter reading on the app front page. It just goes blue and hangs. I have also had issues where the app reports useage. Instead of reporting on a month by month basis, it reported 2 month, so I ‘payed’ for May twice. This was then recalculated twice and then when the new look app arrived the history vanished and I have no idea whether I’m being charged correctly for my usage. Having to try and solve issues via a public forum is an exercise in frustration and futility. Fed up now. Looking elsewhere for my green energy. I like the ethos of the company, hate the crapp, buggy app. Maybe employ some software testers rather than expecting your customers to test it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update. The frustration with the lack of an app that actually works and a customer service that isn’t a forum on customers talking to each other to try and fill the void of actual paid company representatives has finally pushed against my usual apathy at changing energy suppliers (I was with my last one for 10 years until I switched because wanted Green energy). I am moving to ecotricity. Hopefully they will be better
  • The blue screen happpens as soon as I click the Submit meter reading on the app front page. It just goes blue and hangs. I have also had issues where the app reports useage. Instead of reporting on a month by month basis, it reported 2 month, so I ‘payed’ for May twice. This was then recalculated twice and then when the new look app arrived the history vanished and I have no idea whether I’m being charged correctly for my usage. Having to try and solve issues via a public forum is an exercise in frustration and futility. Fed up now. Looking elsewhere for my green energy. I like the ethos of the company, hate the crapp, buggy app. Maybe employ some software testers rather than expecting your customers to test it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update. The frustration with the lack of an app that actually works and a customer service that isn’t a forum on customers talking to each other to try and fill the void of actual paid company representatives has finally pushed against my usual apathy at changing energy suppliers (I was with my last one for 10 years until I switched because wanted Green energy). I am moving to ecotricity. Hopefully they will be better

• Hello
    The ios 12 update has a flaw which means you may have to restart the phone when certain apps update in order to get them working properly.
  • Hello
    The ios 12 update has a flaw which means you may have to restart the phone when certain apps update in order to get them working properly.

• hi pile o s
    Have you tried restarting your phone after installing the app?
    Do you have another device you could try?

In reply to your other post PP will only charge you for what your meter readings are when submitted, and presumably you did get a statement showing correct usage?
    The fact that the app might be buggy is very unfortunate but hopefully it will be sorted.

Anyway good luck with ecotricity, you clearly feel that somehow PP are exploiting you because their systems aren't bomb proof, but I see it as a collaborative effort, and an aim for the most number of happy people. Sadly you aren't one of them.
  • hi pile o s
    Have you tried restarting your phone after installing the app?
    Do you have another device you could try?

In reply to your other post PP will only charge you for what your meter readings are when submitted, and presumably you did get a statement showing correct usage?
    The fact that the app might be buggy is very unfortunate but hopefully it will be sorted.

Anyway good luck with ecotricity, you clearly feel that somehow PP are exploiting you because their systems aren't bomb proof, but I see it as a collaborative effort, and an aim for the most number of happy people. Sadly you aren't one of them.

• Hi @Pile o stone
    Our tech team are looking into this
    I'm flagging it up with them again this morning
    Will update you ASAP
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Hi @Pile o stone
    Our tech team are looking into this
    I'm flagging it up with them again this morning
    Will update you ASAP

• Quote Originally Posted by Lirwin View Post
    I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

My readings also seem to have disappeared.
    Hi @Lirwin
    I've flagged this up with our Member services team
    It'll get sorted

• Quote Originally Posted by Lirwin View Post
    I submitted my first meter readings on the date requested using the app. I also sent photos with each reading. I have since had an email saying my start bill will be based on estimates from my previous provider because I didn't submit any. What happened to the readings I submitted?

- - - Updated - - -

My readings also seem to have disappeared.
    Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted
    Hi again @Lirwin
    Our team have checked this out.
    You should have received an email about a technical issue which caused your gas to come on supply with us a few days later than your electricity. The email also included info that the opening gas reading would need to be sent a few days later than the electricity.
    It's the reason that your readings aren't showing in your app.
    Once we get estimated opening readings from your previous supplier it'll show in your app. If the gas estimate is way off your opening readings our team will raise a dispute.
    Hope that helps explain the situation?

Hi @Lirwin
    It'll get sorted
    Hi again @Lirwin
    Our team have checked this out.
    You should have received an email about a technical issue which caused your gas to come on supply with us a few days later than your electricity. The email also included info that the opening gas reading would need to be sent a few days later than the electricity.
    It's the reason that your readings aren't showing in your app.
    Once we get estimated opening readings from your previous supplier it'll show in your app. If the gas estimate is way off your opening readings our team will raise a dispute.
    Hope that helps explain the situation?

• Hi, I submitted some readings just now and the app said that the numbers I submitted were lower than expexted? How do I attach photos to prove the numbers/meters are correct?
  • Hi, I submitted some readings just now and the app said that the numbers I submitted were lower than expexted? How do I attach photos to prove the numbers/meters are correct?

• Quote Originally Posted by Ffruzsina View Post
    Hi, I submitted some readings just now and the app said that the numbers I submitted were lower than expexted? How do I attach photos to prove the numbers/meters are correct?
    Dont worry about it. Some months it says lower some monthd higher. Not really sure how they work it out. So long as what you entered was correct its not a problem.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Ffruzsina View Post
    Hi, I submitted some readings just now and the app said that the numbers I submitted were lower than expexted? How do I attach photos to prove the numbers/meters are correct?
    Dont worry about it. Some months it says lower some monthd higher. Not really sure how they work it out. So long as what you entered was correct its not a problem.

• Hi @Ffruzsina
    Welcome to the community!
    Thanks for posting
    The reply from @Jon1 is spot on.
    The message that readings look low can pop up if someone has recently moved in to a new property, and the energy usage is different to previous homeowners/tenants.
    But even if that's not the case with you, it's not anything to worry about

• Hi @Ffruzsina
    Thanks for posting
    The reply from @Jon1 is spot on.
    The message that readings look low can pop up if someone has recently moved in to a new property, and the energy usage is different to previous homeowners/tenants.
    But even if that's not the case with you, it's not anything to worry about

• I'd also like to chime in and say that I'm unable to submit meter readings. I just get a blue screen and the app freezes until I reset it. I'm on Android 8.1, and have reinstalled the app. Not sure why you haven't sorted this more promptly, customers being able to submit readings is a pretty basic requirement for an energy provider.

This is on top of a botched switch because you didn't bother to check which meter was mine and just picked one at random out of the 4 you had to choose from. Octopus Energy were able to check with me in advance when I switched to them to make sure they got the right meter. Again, I'm not sure why you didn't.

I appreciate you're a relatively new company etc, but these are issues that customers that shouldn't be having to deal with.
  • I'd also like to chime in and say that I'm unable to submit meter readings. I just get a blue screen and the app freezes until I reset it. I'm on Android 8.1, and have reinstalled the app. Not sure why you haven't sorted this more promptly, customers being able to submit readings is a pretty basic requirement for an energy provider.

This is on top of a botched switch because you didn't bother to check which meter was mine and just picked one at random out of the 4 you had to choose from. Octopus Energy were able to check with me in advance when I switched to them to make sure they got the right meter. Again, I'm not sure why you didn't.

I appreciate you're a relatively new company etc, but these are issues that customers that shouldn't be having to deal with.

• Quote Originally Posted by JamesB14 View Post
    I'd also like to chime in and say that I'm unable to submit meter readings.

This is on top of a botched switch
    Hi @JamesB14
    Sorry that the app isn't working for you at the moment.
    The reason isn't technical, it's because of the issue when you switched.
    Our Member services team have been updating you via chat in WattBot - they'll get it sorted

• Quote Originally Posted by JamesB14 View Post
    I'd also like to chime in and say that I'm unable to submit meter readings.

This is on top of a botched switch
    Hi @JamesB14
    Our Member services team have been updating you via chat in WattBot - they'll get it sorted

• And another blue screen report. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, good wifi (79/6 down/upload this morning) and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I used help and WattBot, but have heard nothing back (reported Tuesday evening, I don't know what time because the help/WattBot history doesn't display date/time as far as I can see). I can log into the app, look at my account, usage etc, but if I tap the burger menu top right and choose 'Send a meter reading' I get a spinner on a light blue page for a second or two then the dark blue screen others mention. I have to tap the escape button three times and then I am exited from the app completely rather than taken back to the home screen. As others have said, being able to submit meter readings is a pretty basic requirement to get right!
  • And another blue screen report. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, Android 8.0.0, good wifi (79/6 down/upload this morning) and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I used help and WattBot, but have heard nothing back (reported Tuesday evening, I don't know what time because the help/WattBot history doesn't display date/time as far as I can see). I can log into the app, look at my account, usage etc, but if I tap the burger menu top right and choose 'Send a meter reading' I get a spinner on a light blue page for a second or two then the dark blue screen others mention. I have to tap the escape button three times and then I am exited from the app completely rather than taken back to the home screen. As others have said, being able to submit meter readings is a pretty basic requirement to get right!

Hi @JamesB14
    Hi Marc.

They're not updating me though. I've been asking since first thing yesterday morning for somebody to confirm that my readings have been applied correctly to my account, this time on the correct meter, and nobody has replied to me. It basically seems to be pot-luck as to whether you get a reply or not via the chat.
    Hi @JamesB14
    Hi Marc.

They're not updating me though. I've been asking since first thing yesterday morning for somebody to confirm that my readings have been applied correctly to my account, this time on the correct meter, and nobody has replied to me. It basically seems to be pot-luck as to whether you get a reply or not via the chat.

• Hi @JamesB14
    It's not a live-chat service. The team will reply within 48 hours.
    If you sent them a message yesterday morning it means they haven't got round to your chat yet.
    I'll flag it up to them

• Hi @JamesB14
    If you sent them a message yesterday morning it means they haven't got round to your chat yet.
    I'll flag it up to them

Hi @JamesB14
    I'll flag it up to them
    Hi Marc.

I appreciate it isn't a live chat service, but my point is that that isn't really workable:

- I was asked for my reading on the 13th.
    - I need to supply my reading via the chat, either because the app doesn't work, or because you messed up my initial switch, but the chat isn't available after 5.30pm on the 13th, so I submit it first thing on the 14th.
    - I then have to wait 48 hours for a reply, which takes me to the 16th. The 16th is my 2nd attempted switch day, after the first one was messed up by Pure Planet, so if anything has gone wrong this time, it's too late again to do anything about it.

Can you explain to me how this is supposed to work? It doesn't seem like you are taking these issues seriously at all - it's not like I'm the only person on here with similar complaints.
    Hi @JamesB14
    I'll flag it up to them
    Hi Marc.

I appreciate it isn't a live chat service, but my point is that that isn't really workable:

- I was asked for my reading on the 13th.
    - I need to supply my reading via the chat, either because the app doesn't work, or because you messed up my initial switch, but the chat isn't available after 5.30pm on the 13th, so I submit it first thing on the 14th.
    - I then have to wait 48 hours for a reply, which takes me to the 16th. The 16th is my 2nd attempted switch day, after the first one was messed up by Pure Planet, so if anything has gone wrong this time, it's too late again to do anything about it.

Can you explain to me how this is supposed to work? It doesn't seem like you are taking these issues seriously at all - it's not like I'm the only person on here with similar complaints.