• Moving

Hi I'm moving into a property on 28th Feb, I'm renting, I do not have a previous supplier, I want to use this company but it says it can take 17 days to switch power supply to them. Does this mean I would be without power on the 28th?
    Many thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer
  • Hi I'm moving into a property on 28th Feb, I'm renting, I do not have a previous supplier, I want to use this company but it says it can take 17 days to switch power supply to them. Does this mean I would be without power on the 28th?
    Many thanks
    Tap below to see the best answer

• Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Yogimama View Post
    Thank you fur taking the time to answer, I'm pretty sure the agent will know, my main question is will I still have power supply, I've messaged the help desk and nobody has come back to me to confirm if they can supply in time. Is there a telephone number to call someone? Many thanks.
    Yes you will still have power. Once you move in and take over paying for the supply wait about 2 weeks and then start the switch process. Provided it's not on a prepayment meter which can be quite common in rentals then you should not have any issues.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Yogimama View Post
    Thank you fur taking the time to answer, I'm pretty sure the agent will know, my main question is will I still have power supply, I've messaged the help desk and nobody has come back to me to confirm if they can supply in time. Is there a telephone number to call someone? Many thanks.
    Yes you will still have power. Once you move in and take over paying for the supply wait about 2 weeks and then start the switch process. Provided it's not on a prepayment meter which can be quite common in rentals then you should not have any issues.

• Are you renting the property your moving into ? If so then the agent that is dealing with the rental agreement have a legal duty to give you the details of who is the current supplier.
  • Are you renting the property your moving into ? If so then the agent that is dealing with the rental agreement have a legal duty to give you the details of who is the current supplier.

• Thank you fur taking the time to answer, I'm pretty sure the agent will know, my main question is will I still have power supply, I've messaged the help desk and nobody has come back to me to confirm if they can supply in time. Is there a telephone number to call someone? Many thanks.
  • Thank you fur taking the time to answer, I'm pretty sure the agent will know, my main question is will I still have power supply, I've messaged the help desk and nobody has come back to me to confirm if they can supply in time. Is there a telephone number to call someone? Many thanks.

• Brilliant, thank you so much... Way to cold for no heating! Your time is much appreciated.
  • Brilliant, thank you so much... Way to cold for no heating! Your time is much appreciated.

• Unless there's a supply cut, which is very rare, you should never be out of power (electricity or gar) during a switch.
  • Unless there's a supply cut, which is very rare, you should never be out of power (electricity or gar) during a switch.

• Lovely, thank you for your reassurance.
  • Lovely, thank you for your reassurance.