• Contact Pure Planet

The community has loads of useful information - use our search bar at the top of the every page or check out the knowledge hub.

The FAQs section has info about reading your meter, how to change your Direct Debits, and much more.

If you can’t find what you need - Ask the Community. Don’t be shy!

Our most popular threads include:

- The
    11 top things you might like to know about switching to Pure Planet
    - All about getting started in the Pure Planet community

We don’t have an email address or in-bound call centre. Because we know that nobody likes spending ages on hold.

If you need to ask a question that is specific to your account, you can ask WattBot, our digital assistant. Head to ‘help’ in your account menu and ask it a question.

And you need to message the team, type ‘message the team’ into WattBot and they will respond. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will always get back to you - they work office hours Monday to Friday.

Last edited by Marc; 19-06-19 at 11:23. Reason: Adding new info about PP account management in web browser
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• The community has loads of useful information - use our search bar at the top of the every page or check out the knowledge hub.

The FAQs section has info about reading your meter, how to change your Direct Debits, and much more.

If you can’t find what you need - Ask the Community. Don’t be shy!

Our most popular threads include:

- The
    11 top things you might like to know about switching to Pure Planet
    - All about getting started in the Pure Planet community

We don’t have an email address or in-bound call centre. Because we know that nobody likes spending ages on hold.

If you need to ask a question that is specific to your account, you can ask WattBot, our digital assistant. Head to ‘help’ in your account menu and ask it a question.

And you need to message the team, type ‘message the team’ into WattBot and they will respond. It’s not a live-chat service but someone will always get back to you - they work office hours Monday to Friday.

• The subject of your post is about contacting Pure Planet, but the content of the message is apparently about how Pure Planet avoids direct customer contact. Please can you just put somewhere how to contact a human being
  • The subject of your post is about contacting Pure Planet, but the content of the message is apparently about how Pure Planet avoids direct customer contact. Please can you just put somewhere how to contact a human being

• Hi @k1s

We don’t have an inbound call centre.

The reason for this is because we want to keep our costs as low as possible. This means we can pass on savings to you, our members. Such as lowering our membership fees which we announced earlier this week.

As we grow, having a call centre would become very expensive. And the only way we could pay for it would be to pass those costs on to members - and we know nobody wants that. People also don't like listening to hold music, so sending the team a message in the app so they can get on with their day works well for everyone.

So instead we’re choosing to invest in smart technology. We think that’s a more efficient use of our resources.

• Hi @k1s

We don’t have an inbound call centre.

The reason for this is because we want to keep our costs as low as possible. This means we can pass on savings to you, our members. Such as lowering our membership fees which we announced earlier this week.

As we grow, having a call centre would become very expensive. And the only way we could pay for it would be to pass those costs on to members - and we know nobody wants that. People also don't like listening to hold music, so sending the team a message in the app so they can get on with their day works well for everyone.

So instead we’re choosing to invest in smart technology. We think that’s a more efficient use of our resources.

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    ...we want to keep our costs as low as possible.
    That's fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    This means we can pass on savings to you, our members.
    Sure, but it really means you can maximise profits. Let's not pretend you're not in this market for the £.

Nobody could argue that it's more efficient to have robot respond to a customer's message - but the effectiveness is entirely a different matter. It doesn't matter how friendly you make the automated text if you either don't deal with the query properly or simply don't respond after the initial acknowledgement

...so sending the team a message in the app so they can get on with their day works well for everyone.
    Sure, provided you actually do something with those messages and respond properly. I've sent 4 messages via the app and had polite automatic acknowledgements, but not one single reply - let alone a 'smart' one.

You can't expect to retain customers based upon if you go on misrepresenting customer service. If you have a post entitled "Contact Pure Planet", and indeed direct people to it who ask how to contact you, it should be how to contact you. Be honest. Show integrity. Rename the post. e.g. 'How to get information given we don't have a contact centre.'.
  • Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    ...we want to keep our costs as low as possible.
    That's fair enough

This means we can pass on savings to you, our members.
    Sure, but it really means you can maximise profits. Let's not pretend you're not in this market for the £.

Nobody could argue that it's more efficient to have robot respond to a customer's message - but the effectiveness is entirely a different matter. It doesn't matter how friendly you make the automated text if you either don't deal with the query properly or simply don't respond after the initial acknowledgement

...so sending the team a message in the app so they can get on with their day works well for everyone.
    Sure, provided you actually do something with those messages and respond properly. I've sent 4 messages via the app and had polite automatic acknowledgements, but not one single reply - let alone a 'smart' one.

You can't expect to retain customers based upon if you go on misrepresenting customer service. If you have a post entitled "Contact Pure Planet", and indeed direct people to it who ask how to contact you, it should be how to contact you. Be honest. Show integrity. Rename the post. e.g. 'How to get information given we don't have a contact centre.'.

• Quote Originally Posted by k1s View Post
    That's fair enough

I've sent 4 messages via the app and had polite automatic acknowledgements, but not one single reply - let alone a 'smart' one.
    Hi @k1s
    I've checked with the member services team and they haven't received any message from you.
    So I think what's happened is that you have asked questions, but not tapped on the button 'message the team'.

Screengrab here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Message the team in WattBot.jpg 
Views:	5832 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	625

Hope that helps 👍

• Quote Originally Posted by k1s View Post
    That's fair enough

I've sent 4 messages via the app and had polite automatic acknowledgements, but not one single reply - let alone a 'smart' one.
    Hi @k1s
    I've checked with the member services team and they haven't received any message from you.
    So I think what's happened is that you have asked questions, but not tapped on the button 'message the team'.

Screengrab here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Message the team in WattBot.jpg 
Views:	5832 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	625

Hope that helps 👍

• [wearily...] My messages being received or otherwise are of course not the point of this thread.
  • [wearily...] My messages being received or otherwise are of course not the point of this thread.

• I personally would rather at 30% less and not pay for a call centre and wait a couple of days for an email, after all you take the direct debit and the gas / electric gets paid for and a day or two for an email answer doesn’t matter. Perhaps a priority email for emergencies like imgettingcutoff@pureplanet.com with a priority response?
    Tim
  • I personally would rather at 30% less and not pay for a call centre and wait a couple of days for an email, after all you take the direct debit and the gas / electric gets paid for and a day or two for an email answer doesn’t matter. Perhaps a priority email for emergencies like imgettingcutoff@pureplanet.com with a priority response?
    Tim

• Quote Originally Posted by Timco View Post
    I personally would rather at 30% less and not pay for a call centre and wait a couple of days for an email, after all you take the direct debit and the gas / electric gets paid for and a day or two for an email answer doesn’t matter. Perhaps a priority email for emergencies like imgettingcutoff@pureplanet.com with a priority response?
    Tim
    Hey @Timco interesting idea.
    Don't you think that a lot of people would abuse that email address though, claiming they had an emergency/priority even if they don't?
    Or am I being a bit cynical?! 🙂

• Quote Originally Posted by Timco View Post
    I personally would rather at 30% less and not pay for a call centre and wait a couple of days for an email, after all you take the direct debit and the gas / electric gets paid for and a day or two for an email answer doesn’t matter. Perhaps a priority email for emergencies like imgettingcutoff@pureplanet.com with a priority response?
    Tim
    Don't you think that a lot of people would abuse that email address though, claiming they had an emergency/priority even if they don't?
    Or am I being a bit cynical?! 🙂

• Interesting ideas on contact. Myself i would have different levels of membership app only , app and email , app,email and callback. With a seperate price for each level. £10 15 or 20 maybe?
  • Interesting ideas on contact. Myself i would have different levels of membership app only , app and email , app,email and callback. With a seperate price for each level. £10 15 or 20 maybe?

• @Jon1, I may be wrong but I doubt you'll find much support for that idea.
    Personally I'd like to see a web portal which could be equivalent to the phone/tablet experience but which will run on a PC/laptop/mac.
    Not everyone is comfortable using their phone, not everyone has smart phone.
    A web portal would broaden the customer demographic.
  • @Jon1, I may be wrong but I doubt you'll find much support for that idea.
    Personally I'd like to see a web portal which could be equivalent to the phone/tablet experience but which will run on a PC/laptop/mac.
    Not everyone is comfortable using their phone, not everyone has smart phone.
    A web portal would broaden the customer demographic.

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Or am I being a bit cynical?!
    Also, we're not a 24/7 operation. Like pretty much all of the 50 or so energy companies in the UK. Even big old British Gas closes at 8pm on weekdays, and don't answer on Sundays.
    Which is why there is a national emergency number - 105.
    More info on what to do in an emergency here

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Or am I being a bit cynical?!
    Also, we're not a 24/7 operation. Like pretty much all of the 50 or so energy companies in the UK. Even big old British Gas closes at 8pm on weekdays, and don't answer on Sundays.
    Which is why there is a national emergency number - 105.
    More info on what to do in an emergency here

• I decided on Pure Planet via a comparison on Money Saving Expert, it was estimated to be only £1 a month cheaper than the next cheapest potential provider. I applied and was subsequently asked to click on a link on my mobile phone to download the app. I got a message, "You need IOS 10.0 or later". I have an iPhone 3, I am not computer literate, I cannot see how or if I CAN upgrade to IOS 10.0. I now discover there appears to be no way of contacting Pure Planet to tell them this and to see what I need to do to be able to become their customer.
    If no-one replies to this I will have no choice but to cancel my application, although quite how I can do that directly with pure planet given there are no contact details I don't know - bizarre ?!
  • I decided on Pure Planet via a comparison on Money Saving Expert, it was estimated to be only £1 a month cheaper than the next cheapest potential provider. I applied and was subsequently asked to click on a link on my mobile phone to download the app. I got a message, "You need IOS 10.0 or later". I have an iPhone 3, I am not computer literate, I cannot see how or if I CAN upgrade to IOS 10.0. I now discover there appears to be no way of contacting Pure Planet to tell them this and to see what I need to do to be able to become their customer.
    If no-one replies to this I will have no choice but to cancel my application, although quite how I can do that directly with pure planet given there are no contact details I don't know - bizarre ?!

• Hello, unfortunately you cannot upgrade an iPhone 3 to that level of iOS, you need an iPhone 5 or better, I don’t think the 4 is upgradable to
    10, or and android phone with android version 5 or better. Pure Planet is an app only service and there are no
    Contact centres, it’s not for everyone I’m afraid if you are looking for a supplier that operate a contact centre.
  • Hello, unfortunately you cannot upgrade an iPhone 3 to that level of iOS, you need an iPhone 5 or better, I don’t think the 4 is upgradable to
    10, or and android phone with android version 5 or better. Pure Planet is an app only service and there are no
    Contact centres, it’s not for everyone I’m afraid if you are looking for a supplier that operate a contact centre.

• Hi @Rod Rage
    Thanks for posting in the community!
    The reply from @Timco is spot on. Our app won't be supported on the iPhone 3.
    Great to hear that you're interested in joining Pure Planet. If you didn't initiate and accept a quote from us via the app, then there's nothing to cancel.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here!

• Hi @Rod Rage
    Thanks for posting in the community!
    The reply from @Timco is spot on. Our app won't be supported on the iPhone 3.
    Great to hear that you're interested in joining Pure Planet. If you didn't initiate and accept a quote from us via the app, then there's nothing to cancel.
    Hope that helps. Happy to keep chatting here!

• Hi Marc. I'm in a similar position to @rodrage. Only I've just moved into a property supplied by Pure Planet so I have to set up an account. Call me a Luddite, but I don't have a phone which supported by your app, and I don't have social media accounts to contact your company through Twitter etc. What do I do?
  • Hi Marc. I'm in a similar position to @rodrage. Only I've just moved into a property supplied by Pure Planet so I have to set up an account. Call me a Luddite, but I don't have a phone which supported by your app, and I don't have social media accounts to contact your company through Twitter etc. What do I do?

• Hi calum and welcome.
    Sadly if you dont have a device on which you can run the app then pure planet is not for you. If this is the case then you will have to sadly switch to another supplier.
    If you reply with what devices and operating systems you have then more help will be open to you.
  • Hi calum and welcome.
    Sadly if you dont have a device on which you can run the app then pure planet is not for you. If this is the case then you will have to sadly switch to another supplier.
    If you reply with what devices and operating systems you have then more help will be open to you.

• Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Hi Marc. I'm in a similar position to @rodrage. Only I've just moved into a property supplied by Pure Planet so I have to set up an account. Call me a Luddite, but I don't have a phone which supported by your app, and I don't have social media accounts to contact your company through Twitter etc. What do I do?

Hi Calum,
    nothing wrong with being a Luddite, in fact I'm off out myself this afternoon to trash some weaving looms.

Your situation is a little different because through no decision of your own (other than moving into a new property) you've inherited PP but you have no prospective means of servicing the account.

In the absence of being de-luddited (or is it un-luddited?) you need a means of communication and checking your bills until you can solve the situation either with a compatible device (a cheap tablet running Android 5 lollipop or above would do; it may be worth getting a new device depending on how much you will save on energy costs and how you feel about 100% renewable energy), or you switch to another provider.

In the interim since you can't use the app I would use the direct message facility here (little envelope top right) to send a message to Marc, with all your details, and try to arrange some channel of communication (email?) for getting bills /submitting readings etc.
    Last edited by woz; 05-08-18 at 15:10.
    Hi Marc. I'm in a similar position to @rodrage. Only I've just moved into a property supplied by Pure Planet so I have to set up an account. Call me a Luddite, but I don't have a phone which supported by your app, and I don't have social media accounts to contact your company through Twitter etc. What do I do?

Hi Calum,
    nothing wrong with being a Luddite, in fact I'm off out myself this afternoon to trash some weaving looms.

Your situation is a little different because through no decision of your own (other than moving into a new property) you've inherited PP but you have no prospective means of servicing the account.

In the absence of being de-luddited (or is it un-luddited?) you need a means of communication and checking your bills until you can solve the situation either with a compatible device (a cheap tablet running Android 5 lollipop or above would do; it may be worth getting a new device depending on how much you will save on energy costs and how you feel about 100% renewable energy), or you switch to another provider.

In the interim since you can't use the app I would use the direct message facility here (little envelope top right) to send a message to Marc, with all your details, and try to arrange some channel of communication (email?) for getting bills /submitting readings etc.

• Thanks @woz, this is really helpful. My ludditism is very much deliberate, you might call me a neo-Luddite in my spare time. I work a lot with technology in my day job and as a result keep it very simple at home (it helps to step back into reality). I may be able to get the app working on a desktop emulator or something like that, but I'll message Marc in the first instance as a more straightforward solution.
  • Thanks @woz, this is really helpful. My ludditism is very much deliberate, you might call me a neo-Luddite in my spare time. I work a lot with technology in my day job and as a result keep it very simple at home (it helps to step back into reality). I may be able to get the app working on a desktop emulator or something like that, but I'll message Marc in the first instance as a more straightforward solution.

Thanks @woz, this is really helpful. My ludditism is very much deliberate, you might call me a neo-Luddite in my spare time. I work a lot with technology in my day job and as a result keep it very simple at home (it helps to step back into reality). I may be able to get the app working on a desktop emulator or something like that, but I'll message Marc in the first instance as a more straightforward solution.
    Not really a solution, more of an interim.
    Desktop emulators have been mentioned a few times, they are not for the faint of heart I think. Also the emulator would have to emulate Android V5 or above.
    I'd be interested to hear of anyone on here who has actually managed to use one for the PP app - or at all...sounds like a lot of aggro when a cheap(ish) tablet would probably be a lot easier.
    Thanks @woz, this is really helpful. My ludditism is very much deliberate, you might call me a neo-Luddite in my spare time. I work a lot with technology in my day job and as a result keep it very simple at home (it helps to step back into reality). I may be able to get the app working on a desktop emulator or something like that, but I'll message Marc in the first instance as a more straightforward solution.
    Not really a solution, more of an interim.
    Desktop emulators have been mentioned a few times, they are not for the faint of heart I think. Also the emulator would have to emulate Android V5 or above.
    I'd be interested to hear of anyone on here who has actually managed to use one for the PP app - or at all...sounds like a lot of aggro when a cheap(ish) tablet would probably be a lot easier.

• Hi @Calum
    Thanks for posting in the community! @Jon1 is right, if you don't want to use a phone that can support our app, then we're not for you.
    App emulators on desktop won't work.
    That's totally your choice of course - maybe we'll welcome you in the future?
    All you need to do is switch to another supplier. Hopefully you'll choose one that's into renewable energy too?!

• Hi @Calum
    Thanks for posting in the community! @Jon1 is right, if you don't want to use a phone that can support our app, then we're not for you.
    App emulators on desktop won't work.
    That's totally your choice of course - maybe we'll welcome you in the future?
    All you need to do is switch to another supplier. Hopefully you'll choose one that's into renewable energy too?!