• Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Poor Marc.

Standing On Giants are going to be getting a lot of questions from him, and I assume this isn't a 'custom forum,' but a skin/rejig of their standard software.

I don't remember having these issues at O2/GiffGaff, though to be fair, I don't use either much. So I'm sure they will resolve them.
    Woe is me @Gwyndy !!
    I don't mind at all, I love it!
    FYI I think O2 and GiffGaff both use Lithium as their forum software. Big bucks.
    GiffGaff are looking to change BTW. I'm guessing (and I don't know for sure) that they want something more reasonably priced!)
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndy View Post
    Poor Marc.

Standing On Giants are going to be getting a lot of questions from him, and I assume this isn't a 'custom forum,' but a skin/rejig of their standard software.

I don't remember having these issues at O2/GiffGaff, though to be fair, I don't use either much. So I'm sure they will resolve them.
    Woe is me @Gwyndy !!
    I don't mind at all, I love it!
    FYI I think O2 and GiffGaff both use Lithium as their forum software. Big bucks.
    GiffGaff are looking to change BTW. I'm guessing (and I don't know for sure) that they want something more reasonably priced!)

• GiffGaff are going to a new platform called Flarum.
    Check it out - what do you think?

• GiffGaff are going to a new platform called Flarum.

• There is no doubt that it looks better than existing, but what a complex question...
    Prettiness and other matters aside, how well does search work on Flarum? (it doesn't work very well on here). I think that has to be somewhere near the top of the list.
    By the way navigating to https://discuss.flarum.org on my out of date chrome browser (old pc) resulted in a this site can't provide a secure connection error, but that won't affect many and the fix is easy, use firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    GiffGaff are going to a new platform called Flarum.
  • There is no doubt that it looks better than existing, but what a complex question...
    Prettiness and other matters aside, how well does search work on Flarum? (it doesn't work very well on here). I think that has to be somewhere near the top of the list.
    By the way navigating to https://discuss.flarum.org on my out of date chrome browser (old pc) resulted in a this site can't provide a secure connection error, but that won't affect many and the fix is easy, use firefox.

GiffGaff are going to a new platform called Flarum.
  • There's another one worth looking at @woz called Discourse. Website here.

• There's another one worth looking at @woz called Discourse. Website here.

• Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    I've got an update on the various text editor issues.
    Firstly, there's a platform release coming at the end of August (28th prob) to fix the issue of bold and links not displaying on mobile.
    There's also a new text editor coming - either just before or just after 28th - which includes a proper way of using emojis.
    It'll make posting much easier! And no more horrible black diamonds everywhere

• Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    Firstly, there's a platform release coming at the end of August (28th prob) to fix the issue of bold and links not displaying on mobile.
    There's also a new text editor coming - either just before or just after 28th - which includes a proper way of using emojis.

• Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    Oooh! I forgot to say @woz @Bev @Gwyndy that if you want to have a play with the new text editor then send me a message.
    It's on a test platform.

Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    Oooh! I forgot to say @woz @Bev @Gwyndy that if you want to have a play with the new text editor then send me a message.
    It's on a test platform.

• Yippeeeeee re the horrid black diamonds! Always happens when plenty of emojis! 😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 🤭🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣
    Peace is always beautiful.

WALT WHITMAN
  • Yippeeeeee re the horrid black diamonds! Always happens when plenty of emojis! 😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 🤭🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣

WALT WHITMAN
  • There ya go 🖕😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • There ya go 🖕😂😂😂

WALT WHITMAN
  • I don't understand this thread apart from the fact that Bev is in love with an Italic.

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.😁
  • I don't understand this thread apart from the fact that Bev is in love with an Italic.

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.😁
  • If you went to Italicy for your holidays you'd understand why...
    Quote Originally Posted by X Driver View Post
    I don't understand this thread apart from the fact that Bev is in love with an Italic.

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.������
  • If you went to Italicy for your holidays you'd understand why...
    I don't understand this thread apart from the fact that Bev is in love with an Italic.

Maybe I'm on the wrong forum.������
  • Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    If you went to Italicy for your holidays you'd understand why...
    I visited an Italicy restaurant once, does that count?
    If you went to Italicy for your holidays you'd understand why...
  • yep, and I drove pasta one once..
  • yep, and I drove pasta one once..
    yep, and I drove pasta one once..

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 131
Size:  4.28 MB

yep, and I drove pasta one once..

• awww I love the vid, we used to have a white cat...
    (very prone to deafness and skin cancer on their ears)
  • awww I love the vid, we used to have a white cat...
    (very prone to deafness and skin cancer on their ears)
  • Gorgeous 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

WALT WHITMAN
  • Gorgeous 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

WALT WHITMAN
    Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    Hello @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    I've posted a summary of today's community platform release here.
    It's fixed the issue of bold and links not displaying well on mobile and tablets.
    Which is nice!
    The new text editor is a bit too buggy to make live. It's still in testing, and we've got a few people away on holiday at the moment.

Hey @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    Hello @woz @Bev @Gwyndy
    I've posted a summary of today's community platform release here.
    It's fixed the issue of bold and links not displaying well on mobile and tablets.
    Which is nice!
    The new text editor is a bit too buggy to make live. It's still in testing, and we've got a few people away on holiday at the moment.