• how do I post a message?
  • how do I post a message?

• hi David9
    It looks like you've answered your own question unless you aren't talking about the community.
    If you need to contact someone at PP you use the app, 3 white lines, dropdown menu, click on help, click on ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask. Replies are not instant.
    Is there something the community can help with?
    Quote Originally Posted by David9 View Post
    how do I post a message?
  • hi David9
    It looks like you've answered your own question unless you aren't talking about the community.
    If you need to contact someone at PP you use the app, 3 white lines, dropdown menu, click on help, click on ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask. Replies are not instant.
    Is there something the community can help with?
    Quote Originally Posted by David9 View Post
    how do I post a message?

• Can I switch if I’m on prepayment meters
  • Can I switch if I’m on prepayment meters

• Hi Glen65.
    In a word, yes, but, you will have to contact your current provider and ask them to switch your meters to credit mode before you switch
  • Hi Glen65.
    In a word, yes, but, you will have to contact your current provider and ask them to switch your meters to credit mode before you switch

• Keep installation of smets2 meter before switch?

Hi,
    Switching from NPOWER to PP is in progress - first payment to PP is going to be taken 18th Oct.

Question: Before I signed up to PP, I had booked installation of a smets2 smart meter on the 9th October by NPOWER. Should I cancel that, do PP prefer to install their own smets2? Or okay to let NPOWER go ahead and me to pass details to PP for them to link to it?

​andee

​ps. if this is posted in wrong section, feel free to move it.
    Last edited by andee; 04-10-19 at 15:07. Reason: add subject heading + ps
  • Hi,
    Switching from NPOWER to PP is in progress - first payment to PP is going to be taken 18th Oct.

Question: Before I signed up to PP, I had booked installation of a smets2 smart meter on the 9th October by NPOWER. Should I cancel that, do PP prefer to install their own smets2? Or okay to let NPOWER go ahead and me to pass details to PP for them to link to it?

​andee

​ps. if this is posted in wrong section, feel free to move it.

• hi andee
    tough question
    and what would be a very long answer, which I've tried to compress - my advice is to cancel
    1. It will confuse your switch because the meter database may not update immediately (it never does) so PP will have the wrong meters listed- this will cause you much grief.
    2. The npower meter will become dumb when you switch (I know the the interoperability theory but forget it, it won't be smart at least not for a long while)
    On the minus side you may be waiting a while for a pp meter but that's better for you as they are currently ironing out lots of issues.
    Cancel it - is my opinion but do take advice from others...
    Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Hi,

​andee
  • hi andee
    tough question
    and what would be a very long answer, which I've tried to compress - my advice is to cancel
    1. It will confuse your switch because the meter database may not update immediately (it never does) so PP will have the wrong meters listed- this will cause you much grief.
    2. The npower meter will become dumb when you switch (I know the the interoperability theory but forget it, it won't be smart at least not for a long while)
    On the minus side you may be waiting a while for a pp meter but that's better for you as they are currently ironing out lots of issues.
    Cancel it - is my opinion but do take advice from others...
    Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Hi,

​andee

• We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet.
    Currently the house is supplied by British Gas for gas and EON for electricity. The electricity appears to be on a smart meter and it seems as though it is a prepayment meter as there is a certain amount of 'credit' remaining when we acquired the property.
    Will the fact that it is a prepayment meter be a problem for switching?
    If so, how can we sort this?
  • We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet.
    Currently the house is supplied by British Gas for gas and EON for electricity. The electricity appears to be on a smart meter and it seems as though it is a prepayment meter as there is a certain amount of 'credit' remaining when we acquired the property.

• hi LCrossley
    you can't switch to PP with a prepayment meter, E.on or BG will need to change it (them) to credit mode then you can switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCrossley View Post
    We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet.
  • hi LCrossley
    you can't switch to PP with a prepayment meter, E.on or BG will need to change it (them) to credit mode then you can switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCrossley View Post
    We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet.

• Quote Originally Posted by LCrossley View Post
    We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet. Currently the house is supplied by British Gas for gas and EON for electricity. The electricity appears to be on a smart meter and it seems as though it is a prepayment meter as there is a certain amount of 'credit' remaining when we acquired the property. Will the fact that it is a prepayment meter be a problem for switching? If so, how can we sort this?
    Hi @LCrossley
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    Spot on reply to your question from @woz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Quote Originally Posted by LCrossley View Post
    We have just moved in to our new house and have signed up to switch to Pure Planet. Currently the house is supplied by British Gas for gas and EON for electricity. The electricity appears to be on a smart meter and it seems as though it is a prepayment meter as there is a certain amount of 'credit' remaining when we acquired the property. Will the fact that it is a prepayment meter be a problem for switching? If so, how can we sort this?
    Hi @LCrossley
    Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.
    Spot on reply to your question from @woz
    Community Manager - Pure Planet

• Bullet 3 - What if there is a glitch is a bit misleading. You don't pause the switch if a previous supplier blocks it - you cancel it - thats very different and I am currently being frustrated by exactly this and the extra time delays this creates.
  • Bullet 3 - What if there is a glitch is a bit misleading. You don't pause the switch if a previous supplier blocks it - you cancel it - thats very different and I am currently being frustrated by exactly this and the extra time delays this creates.

• Good point, I agree this process needs further explanation in the article, if the switch is blocked.
    later edit
    ​I've posted elsewhere about this process to see if it can be improved...
    The time delay isn't as big an issue as you think, you don't pay for the same energy twice so the difference will be the difference in price between pp's units and old suppliers times no of units used. It's not generally a lot of £
    @marc
    Quote Originally Posted by VivienneS View Post
    Bullet 3 - What if there is a glitch is a bit misleading. You don't pause the switch if a previous supplier blocks it - you cancel it - thats very different and I am currently being frustrated by exactly this and the extra time delays this creates.
    Last edited by woz; 16-10-19 at 00:04.
  • Good point, I agree this process needs further explanation in the article, if the switch is blocked.
    later edit
    ​I've posted elsewhere about this process to see if it can be improved...
    The time delay isn't as big an issue as you think, you don't pay for the same energy twice so the difference will be the difference in price between pp's units and old suppliers times no of units used. It's not generally a lot of £
    @marc
    Bullet 3 - What if there is a glitch is a bit misleading. You don't pause the switch if a previous supplier blocks it - you cancel it - thats very different and I am currently being frustrated by exactly this and the extra time delays this creates.

• Well put it like this 'Pause' suggests the timeline and switch resumes (automatically / initiated by PP) once the block is removed.
    It doesn't, the would be customer has to wait 2 days after notification til it clears the account and then, assuming you've resolved the reason for the block, reapply with I presume a new 17 days countdown thereafter. My switch will now likely be some 7-10 days later than I had originally expected, and thats assuming no more 'glitches'.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Good point, but open to some interpretation as switch can be completed by switcher once block is removed. I agree this process needs further explanation in the article, if the switch is blocked.

@marc
  • Well put it like this 'Pause' suggests the timeline and switch resumes (automatically / initiated by PP) once the block is removed.
    It doesn't, the would be customer has to wait 2 days after notification til it clears the account and then, assuming you've resolved the reason for the block, reapply with I presume a new 17 days countdown thereafter. My switch will now likely be some 7-10 days later than I had originally expected, and thats assuming no more 'glitches'.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Good point, but open to some interpretation as switch can be completed by switcher once block is removed. I agree this process needs further explanation in the article, if the switch is blocked.

@marc

• see above, I edited my original reply - you're too quick for me!
    Well put it like this 'Pause' suggests the timeline and switch resumes (automatically / initiated by PP) once the block is removed.
  • see above, I edited my original reply - you're too quick for me!
    Well put it like this 'Pause' suggests the timeline and switch resumes (automatically / initiated by PP) once the block is removed.