Solved

When does 'while you were away' reset?

When does https://community.purepla.net/search/activity/sincelastvisit reset? For me I needed to log out and log in again as the list just got longer and longer.

How about a reset button? Or some other clever way of determining new stuff?

Or maybe I’m missing a trick...

icon

Best answer by Marc 20 August 2020, 13:40

Hi @25 quid 

I’ve checked this out with the techie peeps (they love that term) and they tell me that it’s actually ‘activity since last login’.

Of course, ‘while you were away’ is much friendlier. At least, I think so. And it applies to those who won’t stay logged in. 

:thinking:

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

This is a bit ironic!

after realising earlier, I’d missed a post that obviously wasn’t listed in WYWA, I decided to quickly browse each section in case missed any more, and this post too was in bold, yet hadn’t appeared on any of my WYWA lists! 🙀🙀🙀🙀

But yes, like you 25 notes, the list only resets once log completely out, but that’s fine as seems to log out on its own through the day 👍, I was loving WYWA as so so quick and easy; everything in one place. BUT I am a bit worried now that the list doesn’t always show all new posts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m resigned to scrolling and my memory as the log-out seems unpredictable as to whether it is logged out or whether I’m going to be able to log in again! (I’m sure this will all become clear to me eventually) 

I haven’t been able to use wywa yet, but looking forward to doing so.

Similar to @25 quid ‘s proposal, an I’m away from my desk/gone for a coffee/washing my hands/ powdering my nose button (but still logged) in button would be great

If my name were Maslow, I’d say this isn’t quite self-actualised yet…

Anyway, it’s not, so I’m with you both on this!

Hi @25 quid 

I’ve checked this out with the techie peeps (they love that term) and they tell me that it’s actually ‘activity since last login’.

Of course, ‘while you were away’ is much friendlier. At least, I think so. And it applies to those who won’t stay logged in. 

:thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But you still can't see who liked your posts, which I miss ☹

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Scubaseahorse 

On my PC if I mouseover the “1” (or however many) “Person likes this” it shows you who they are. Does that not work for you scuba?

We used to have a list of likes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Scubaseahorse

On my PC if I mouseover the “1” (or however many) “Person likes this” it shows you who they are. Does that not work for you scuba?

Yes, but I, like @25 quid , liked the list, and we don't have that now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ahh...good point scuba

ahh...good point scuba

Well, pop over and vote our @woz… 😉